ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Will a blackout work? - Mellinger (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266658)

Gary 11-15-2012 08:44 PM

The key is for the people wearing the shirts with the blackout message to get as much camera time as possible...hopefully getting the media talking about the message.

Chief Roundup 11-15-2012 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spott (Post 9122086)
I think it would be a little humorous if the Chiefs decided to wear an alternate black jersey for the game so it wouldn't look like a protest with a bunch of fans wearing black in the stands.

Wouldn't matter the media is already aware of the Blackout. Since it was announced first.

NJChiefsFan 11-15-2012 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9122121)
Wouldn't matter the media is already aware of the Blackout. Since it was announced first.

They can't anyway. Teams have to tell the league before the season starts what jersey options they will have for the year.

DaFace 11-15-2012 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9121988)
It really depends on your definition of success. SOC is already a success IMO. Because of being mentioned in the local and national media. The Blackouts' success will depend on a few things. One is how many shirts were sold. Another is that it has already been mentioned and people are aware and want to see the outcome. Of course the outcome that most want to see is also the most debateable of success. If there is any patches or small areas like 15 to 20 people together it is a success.

Yep - this is how I feel about it.

BigRedChief 11-15-2012 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9122121)

The media is aware of us now. Clark and the Chiefs are aware of and our desire to see Pioli gone.

If we don't give Clark a really good reason to change his long term business plan.........he's not going to change.

Hammock Parties 11-15-2012 09:09 PM

This shouldn't be the end of the blackout movement, IMO.

When we get our asses kicked this weekend, push to black out the next two home games.

Phobia 11-15-2012 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memyselfI (Post 9121347)
FWIW, I work at a place where Chiefs merchandise is sold. Nothing Chiefs is selling these days but this week if it's selling it's black.

That's encouraging. Thanks.

Phobia 11-15-2012 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9121841)
Well surely you knew this going in when it was decided to take the SOC in this direction.

I kinda jumped in after this decision was made. Never been a huge fan of the idea simply because I've always thought it was going to be tough to even get 20-30% black shirt wearers. That said, I've done my very best to push the message and support it and will continue to do so. Also plan to attend specifically for the blackout which will be my first game this season. Didn't really have any intentions of going until this.

BigRedChief 11-15-2012 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9122199)
This shouldn't be the end of the blackout movement, IMO.

When we get our asses kicked this weekend, push to black out the next two home games.

Dude, if it flops, you let the idea go. Basic 101.

tk13 11-15-2012 09:43 PM

I don't know about that. If it does reasonably well at all you've raised awareness and continue to push it and try to increase participation.

stevieray 11-15-2012 09:48 PM

Sad to say, but I think the people in black isn't going to be that noticeable for two reasons.

1) Rabid, hardcore fans that live and die Chiefs isn't a huge number...in the context of being vocal...I think the apathetic numbers are growing.

2)A good deal of people out there don't even wear Chiefs gear and are only there to be seen. ..It's a social event.

I'm wondering if it's going to cause confrontations among the hardcore fan base.

...all these are just my opinion, and I'll admit, I'm curious and even a little anxious to see how it all plays out...I could be wrong on all accounts.

Deberg_1990 11-15-2012 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 9122271)
Sad to say, but I think the people in black isn't going to be that noticeable for two reasons.

1) rabid, hardcore fans that live and die Chiefs isn't a huge number...in the context of being vocal...I think the apathetic numbers are growing.

2)A good deal of people out there don't even wear Chiefs gear and are only there to be seen. ..It's a social event.

I'm wondering if it's going to cause confrontations among the hardcore fan base.

...all these are just my opinion, and I'll admit, I'm curious and even a little anxious to see how it all play out...

heh, my thoughts exactly. The Die hard, passionate fanbase which this boards represents, is probably only around 20-30% anyways. The rest of the fans that show up there are apathetic, just looking to have a good time or the type of fan that thinks the Chiefs can do no wrong.

Hopefully theres no violence.......

BigRedChief 11-15-2012 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9122263)
I don't know about that. If it does reasonably well at all you've raised awareness and continue to push it and try to increase participation.

Has anyone on here ever taken a marketing class? Done any PR? :facepalm:

DaFace 11-15-2012 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9122273)

If there is violence over this, I would seriously consider whether I belong in this fan base. That would be unfathomably idiotic.

DaneMcCloud 11-15-2012 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9122273)

Violence?