ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KSU Bill Snyder = Marty Schottenheimer (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266733)

notorious 11-18-2012 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TribalElder (Post 9127784)
****ing sports illustrated cursed k state. .

Two injuries to key players last week plus one during the game and a horrific choke job cursed K-State.

notorious 11-18-2012 08:16 AM

It really sucks that KSU lost a NC shot plus the Heisman last night.

All they have left to play for is a measly Big 12 Championship and major bowl bid.

Reerun_KC 11-18-2012 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9127793)
It really sucks that KSU lost a NC shot plus the Heisman last night.

All they have left to play for is a measly Big 12 Championship and major bowl bid.

DVD worthy?

notorious 11-18-2012 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 9127799)
DVD worthy?

LMAO

None of the KSU fans will remember their 6-6 predictions for the year (like my own), but they will remember the chokes of 98' and 12' forever.

We have to keep this in perspective.

blaise 11-18-2012 09:31 AM

What a stupid thread.

BigMeatballDave 11-18-2012 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 9127775)
KSU is very good and certainly MUCH BETTER than expected going into the season. They just weren't ready to be in the national spotlight as the # 1 team in the nation. Anyway, things are as they should be now with Notre Dame in position to go to the National Championship game!

And get their asses handed to them by the Tide!

:D

okcchief 11-18-2012 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9127574)
Sounds like Marty.

If he had only been the coach of the 49ers in the 80's instead of Cleveland.

Or Dallas in the 90's. Or the Patriots last decade.

Face it: Bill Snyder, right or wrong, took advantage of the system. He scheduled powder puffs for years on end and won just enough games against shit teams to qualify for bowls.

Meanwhile, his tactics never succeeded and he failed year after year after year to bring in four and five star recruiting classes. Instead, he always had to rely on the dumbass transfer students and even dumber JuCo guys.

Now, I'm not saying he doesn't deserve respect for making a truly awful program better, but the guy has never won jackshit consistently, nor has he made Kansas State a "destination" school for football players.

I don't give a shit about how Bill Snyder is perceived. He's done a great job with what he has. However, last night was a huge choke job, and he deserves some blame for that. In the big picture though K State is a shit program, and no one will ever do what he did.

Marty actually had the best talent (IMO) for 2 years in the NFL where he should have won it all.

Bearcat 11-18-2012 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9127660)

I did find it hilarious when my man Dane came back and for a week he was all like "yeah I miss everyone I'll never let this place get to me again etc etc etc" and now he's just in full fledge "go **** yourself and die" mode...already

it last two freaking weeks

when I was lurking I just found it to be flat out hilarious

I really think I've turned a corner...this team is so bad I just don't care anymore...I don't care to get into any petty fights..I don't care to tell anyone about my personal life..I don't care to tell anyone about my pee habits...

Shit, I even love Billay, and he's awful! =)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9127678)
I'm not trying to defy Phil...he was right...I take things too personal. I'm done with it...I don't care if Billay calls me a rapist, Dane calls me white trash...don't care. I'm 27 years old. I'm an adult.

I haven't posted in over a year.

Don't care anymore. I envy Rain Man and FAX...the two best posters on any board I've ever been apart of (sports, social media, dating sites, etc...)...never any controversy.

Done, don't care...the Chiefs have taken all anger out of me.

It doesn't really matter to me if you're here, because at least you'll talk football, but how do you expect people to believe this "turning a corner"/"don't care" attitude when one of your first posts after being outed was calling out Dane and (to a lesser extent) billay? Not saying you're wrong, but FFS, if you want to aspire to being Rain Man, maybe try not stirring shit on day 1?

BigMeatballDave 11-18-2012 11:21 AM

Has Hootie jumped on Denver's bandwagon?

Hootie 11-18-2012 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 9128143)
It doesn't really matter to me if you're here, because at least you'll talk football, but how do you expect people to believe this "turning a corner"/"don't care" attitude when one of your first posts after being outed was calling out Dane and (to a lesser extent) billay? Not saying you're wrong, but FFS, if you want to aspire to being Rain Man, maybe try not stirring shit on day 1?

Fair enough. I love Dane. He's great.

And the Billay thing was tongue in cheek. I've lurked every day for over a year and in all honesty outside of that one thing...his posting has been A ok to me...he talks football, I agree with a lot of his takes, and his personal attacks seem to have almost disappeared.

I just wanted to make it quite clear I'm not BlackBob...that guys football takes are outrageous. (And I've never wanted to be mistaken for Joey, either)

Hootie 11-18-2012 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9128157)
Has Hootie jumped on Denver's bandwagon?

It's going to be Denver or New England in the Super Bowl, I'll tell you that right now.

MahiMike 11-18-2012 11:41 AM

I'd say that's a great analogy.

Coach 11-18-2012 11:45 AM

I'm surprised that not a argument was given to Chip Kelly too as well? :shrug:

DaneMcCloud 11-18-2012 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coach (Post 9128240)
I'm surprised that not a argument was given to Chip Kelly too as well? :shrug:

You're absolutely correct.

Last night's game should be a wake up call to GM's considering Kelly because his offense fell completely flat against a Pro-Style defense.

I mentioned in another thread that I believe Mora will beat him as well.

Mora is a bad ass.

BigMeatballDave 11-18-2012 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9128220)
It's going to be Denver or New England in the Super Bowl, I'll tell you that right now.

I doubt they'd get past Houston. Or even Baltimore.