ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Foles, Wilson, and Cousins (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267508)

htismaqe 12-09-2012 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9193829)
My goal is the make the playoffs now.

We've been dogshit for too long. Making the playoffs with a QB drafted by KC would absolutely be a huge step for me as a fan.

If you want to pie in the sky hopes and say SB right now, be my guest.

You don't take a QB in the draft with any goal LESS than winning it all. That's how you end up with a guy whose ceiling prevents you from winning one.

Sure, you take it one step at a time but you don't ever take your eyes off the real prize.

htismaqe 12-09-2012 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks (Post 9193891)
Or, you could "settle" on one of those 3 guys instead of drafting a backup offensive lineman, and then when you draft your franchise QB, you have a solid backup, or a trade chip with good value.

Jesus, I never thought so many Chiefs fans were closet Scott Pioli lovers...

:rolleyes:

Wanting a real franchise QB = loving Scott Pioli.

Just about the dumbest thing I have ever read on this board.

-King- 12-09-2012 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks (Post 9193891)
Or, you could "settle" on one of those 3 guys instead of drafting a backup offensive lineman, and then when you draft your franchise QB, you have a solid backup, or a trade chip with good value.

Jesus, I never thought so many Chiefs fans were closet Scott Pioli lovers...

2 out of those 3 guys suck ass and won't start more than 16 games in their entire career.

htismaqe 12-09-2012 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 9194230)
Cousins came in and completed his first throw and I said to my wife "he's thrown 11 NFL passes and in a huge situation he shows more composure than either of our QBs ever show on even the most routine plays".

It's not that any of these guys have proven themselves to be exceptional NFL QBs. They just demonstrate how incredibly aweful our guys are.

The original poster said we could have drafted Kirk ****ing Cousins.

That's not AT ALL about highlighting how bad our guys are. It's about wishing we would have drafted a mediocre game manager with limited physical skills and thinking that's ok because hell, at least he is better than Cassell.

GarH 12-09-2012 08:15 PM

If Foles can survive playing behind what Philly calls an offensive line (6 sacks today), he will turn out to be a very good QB. He's light years better than the QBs the Chiefs have. He was a total steal in the third round.

ROYC75 12-09-2012 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9194445)
Geno with Cousins as a backup.

Nice wish, but what makes you think they will trade Cousins ?

notorious 12-09-2012 09:04 PM

This coaching staff would have ****ed every single one of them up.

FAX 12-09-2012 11:37 PM

I wonder why more countries aren't named after the stuff they have. Take "Iceland", for instance. They named their country "Iceland" because there's lots of ice there. And then there's "Finland" known, of course, for lots of fish which have fins. But are there more cans in Canada than other places? Heck no, there's not.

FAX

RealSNR 12-09-2012 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 9195599)
I wonder why more countries aren't named after the stuff they have. Take "Iceland", for instance. They named their country "Iceland" because there's lots of ice there. And then there's "Finland" known, of course, for lots of fish which have fins. But are there more cans in Canada than other places? Heck no, there's not.

FAX

Interesting theory. I think I just discovered a way for the Falkland Islands to boost their tourism.