ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Would you be okay with ONE MORE year of this bullshit for Manziel and/or picks? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267805)

DJ's left nut 12-18-2012 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bevischief (Post 9221889)
Draft planet would have been a better place to bring this up than the Lounge.

Why? The Lounge is draft planet at this point.

Does anyone give a large rat's ass what this team does in weeks 16 and 17? Well, apart from how it will impact our draft position?

Yeah...I didn't think so.

The next Coach, GM and Draft are all that's worth talking about with this team right now.

And poop. Poop threads are always worth talking about.

the Talking Can 12-18-2012 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanley Nickels (Post 9221709)
This may have been covered in currently existing threads, but I've been thinking about this a lot. Would you be okay with the Chiefs trading down or surrendering their first-round pick, in exchange for a first rounder next year (along with a second + either this year or next)?

We could pick up one of the many "slightly above average" guys with our second rounder this year, and we'd likely be in position to draft Manziel outright next year, or combine our firsts to move up to get him? Alternatively, this could of course apply to other QBs who see their stock rocket (personally, I think Aaron Murray at Georgia would be a great pick, but the jury's still out; Louisville's Bridgewater and VT's L Thomas also come to mind).

So, what say you? Could you tolerate that scenario? Would you tolerate it if we had a new coach and GM, and the trade back this year was very transparent about our motives for next year's draft?

In b4 Q

"trade down..."

"next year...."

"aaron murray"

**** MY LIFE, PEOPLE

cut it out, I'm serious

RealSNR 12-18-2012 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9221883)
This question would actually make a ton of sense next season.

If you're sitting there holding #1 overall with a glaring need at QB and Aaron Murray is the best on the board....along with Jadeveon Clowney. "Do you go through another year of this bullshit" in order to take Clowney over the QB?

Then, and only then, is it worth discussing. You have a legitimate ass-kicker in Clowney that can have almost as significant an impact as a QB could. And you don't have even a Geno Smith available.

Then you take the DE and worry about QB later. But this damn sure isn't the year for it.

A brilliant point as usual.

Geno Smith >>>>> Aaron Murray
Jarvis Jones <<<<< Jedeveon Clowney

There's no ****ing contest. The decision is obvious.

O.city 12-18-2012 03:52 PM

And another question, if this class isn't so great, what's going to make a team wanna trade up and draft a QB #1, if they can just sit tight and get one just as good later?

the Talking Can 12-18-2012 03:52 PM

it's risky, no QB good enough (for a 2-14 team), next year is better, should have drafted last year

well done....

htismaqe 12-18-2012 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9221930)
And another question, if this class isn't so great, what's going to make a team wanna trade up and draft a QB #1, if they can just sit tight and get one just as good later?

Asked this same question a few days ago.

Crickets...

Mr. Flopnuts 12-18-2012 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9221939)
Asked this same question a few days ago.

Crickets...

"BECAUSE WE WANT THEM TOO!"

O.city 12-18-2012 03:57 PM

I mean, if you have a solution to trading back and taking another player, I'm all ears. Or even if you wanna stay at 1 and not take a QB, I'm all ears.

Who you take? Who you trade back with and then who you take?

htismaqe 12-18-2012 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9221952)
I mean, if you have a solution to trading back and taking another player, I'm all ears. Or even if you wanna stay at 1 and not take a QB, I'm all ears.

Who you take? Who you trade back with and then who you take?

Again, both questions have been asked, more than once.

Crickets...

L.A. Chieffan 12-18-2012 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9221897)
Except for the fact that Manziel is small enough to ride on Tebow's back like Master Blaster...

Yeah, Tebow 2.0.

I was referring to the hype.

O.city 12-18-2012 03:59 PM

You wanna sit at 1 and take Teo, a TED backer who will play the 8th or 9th most important position on our defense?

Jarvis Jones, who will be a subpackage player?

You can't take a WR, because, well we know why.

So what are you gonna do?

FlaChief58 12-18-2012 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9221962)
You wanna sit at 1 and take Teo, a TED backer who will play the 8th or 9th most important position on our defense?

Jarvis Jones, who will be a subpackage player?

You can't take a WR, because, well we know why.

So what are you gonna do?

punter :shrug:

O.city 12-18-2012 04:04 PM

Even if you trade down, who you gonna pick?

A CB? Well there isn't one rated that high. A DE? HA.

Pasta Little Brioni 12-18-2012 04:05 PM

Same shit different day

O.city 12-18-2012 04:07 PM

The league average in the NFL is 22 ppg. We've score that or more 2 this year.

We have an all pro RB, a top 7 or 8 offensive line, a potential top 10 WR. What would you guys suggest is holding us back?