ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Forget the draft for now...is Pioli getting fired? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267822)

milkman 12-19-2012 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 9223720)
I dunno ... i've said all along that Pioli might stay because the team has talent and it's not playing up to that talent.

The coaching staff is gone ... all of them.

GM will be told to get a QB ... period

chance of Pioli being that GM?

40% chance Pioli stays

Pioli has acquire talent and made the Hunts a buttload of money ... A TON OF MONEY. We are talking about 100-200 million.

List all the talent that Pioli has brought in.

O.city 12-19-2012 10:57 AM

I know you really want the Chiefs to keep Pioli Laz, but the dude brings nothing to the table at this oint.

It you choose to refuse all the writing on the wall for some reason, thats fine.

Mr. Laz 12-19-2012 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 9223761)
I don't think Pioli made the Hunts any more money than any other GM would have. While it's not easy to be successful(a winner) those seats in the stadium are fill up regardless who the GM is. You know who made the Hunts a bunch of money? Clark Hunt when he was at the front of the new CBA negotiations. Hunt didn't do that to have his GM make his fanchise a laughing stock. Pioli is already gone! And I'm feeling strong, so I'll sing my victory song, woohoo-hooo-oo woohoo-hoo-oo

lol ...

40% that Pioli stays still means that there is a 60% chance he's gone.

more than likely he is gone

Pioli ran under the salary cap and clean the dead money, some GM wouldn't want to do that. We are talking hundreds of millions of dollars since Pioli signed on.

The Rick 12-19-2012 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 9223720)
Pioli has acquire talent and made the Hunts a buttload of money ... A TON OF MONEY. We are talking about 100-200 million.

How so? Not trying to be a jerk or anything, but I keep hearing about how much money Pioli has made for Clark, yet I haven't seen anything that backs it up. How do we know this?

BigMeatballDave 12-19-2012 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9223773)
Laz, your asshole needs shut.

LOL

Mr. Laz 12-19-2012 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9223777)
I know you really want the Chiefs to keep Pioli Laz, but the dude brings nothing to the table at this oint.

It you choose to refuse all the writing on the wall for some reason, thats fine.

meh ... i this point i'm rather indifferent about it.

tbh He's screwed up too much to be kept

He has failed at the 2 most important things he is supposed to do (QB and HC).

DaKCMan AP 12-19-2012 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9223767)
Please show us financial statements & documents that support your claim.

Waiting..

Mr. Laz 12-19-2012 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Rick (Post 9223779)
How so? Not trying to be a jerk or anything, but I keep hearing about how much money Pioli has made for Clark, yet I haven't seen anything that backs it up. How do we know this?

He's been running waaaay under the cap since he came here and he hasn't been creating dead money.

milkman 12-19-2012 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 9223792)
He's been running waaaay under the cap since he came here and he hasn't been creating dead money.

He's also been near the top of the list of actual cash spent.

Rausch 12-19-2012 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9223789)
Waiting..

Dude, why do you have to be so Jew-ish?...

http://www.lolriot.com/wp-content/up...rtman-fart.gif

Mr. Laz 12-19-2012 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flachief58 (Post 9223772)
Be that as it may, Clark sees the writing on the wall. If the Chiefs reputation means anything to him (I believe it does) he will do the right thing and blow this thing up. If Pioli is retained, it would rank at the top of the list of most stupid business decisions ever

Very possibly

as i've said 40/60

40% Pioli stays
60% Pioli leaves

It's still more likely that Pioli is fired

and it's just everyone's opinion anyway

siberian khatru 12-19-2012 11:05 AM

Thanks so much for posting that link to Marty's excellent post. Hope it's true.

Really, shouldn't that be its own separate thread, and not buried in the SOC one?

Rausch 12-19-2012 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 9223799)
Very possibly

as i've said 40/60

40% Pioli stays
60% Pioli leaves

Sounds scientific.

I have no reason to doubt this...

Mr. Laz 12-19-2012 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9223789)
Waiting..

dude ... we don't have the financial records for ANY sports team

there is no proof either way

so i don't see WTF your point even is

during the lockout process and lack of NFL salary floor, the Chiefs were one of the teams reported to be running way under the cap. Combine that with the remodel etc that normally brings teams a revenue spike(at least initially).

imo the Chiefs have made tons of during the last 4/5 years.

If you disagree ... fine.

O.city 12-19-2012 11:08 AM

I dont see what the guy has done to be kept, or even thought about being kept.

He's created such a toxic working environment that it effects who will come in and work with him. He hasn't acquired a competent QB in his time here.

He has brought in a few talented players, but they can't play up to ability because he can't bring a good competent coaching staff in to develop them.