ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Today 12/27 Mel Kiper says....... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268084)

FlaChief58 12-27-2012 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9243887)
The Chiefs need a QB more than any other team in the league. The ONLY position people are going to trade up to #1 for is a QB.

So there's nobody there worth the CHIEFS taking but somebody is going to trade multiple picks to get one?

:facepalm:

Well.....yeah, if you're reeruned it makes perfect sense

ChiTown 12-27-2012 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9243887)
The Chiefs need a QB more than any other team in the league. The ONLY position people are going to trade up to #1 for is a QB.

So there's nobody there worth the CHIEFS taking but somebody is going to trade multiple picks to get one?

:facepalm:

Agreed

As a matter of fact, I would not be pissed if the Chiefs drafted QB with their first two picks.

Deberg_1990 12-27-2012 01:10 PM

Last year a QB was not taken #1 overall. 2008

I wonder if the Dolphins wish they had taken Matt Ryan instead of Jake Long?

Thig Lyfe 12-27-2012 01:13 PM

who da **** is mike glennon

The Bad Guy 12-27-2012 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gochiefss (Post 9243808)
People need to realize that we aren't going to draft a QB #1 overall so it needs to stop now. I think Pioli is going to get Star or Manti Teo, both would be excellent picks. Then we can get a QB in the 4th or 5th rds to compete with Quinn and Cassel after we address our needs at OL and WR with the 2nd and 3rd rd picks.

Go **** yourself.

Marcellus 12-27-2012 01:15 PM

Good news since Kiper hasn't been right about anything since his hair was just a pup.

htismaqe 12-27-2012 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9243896)

Exactly.

The Bad Guy 12-27-2012 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9243896)

No kidding.

Matt Ryan, 5 months before the draft, was getting killed for being the #1 QB prospect that year.

It's comical that the most glaring need on this team and people want to entertain having Te'o or Star on this team. Another ****ing D lineman or inside backer that won't do an ounce of good when the offense can't score more than 10 points.

People are so ****ing scared to take a QB, but they'll invest the 4th top 10 DLine pick in 6 years and be perfectly content with that, when you can get 3-4 DE's (we already have the NT) in the 4th round or later.

Not only is the coaching staff, front office a pack of morons, 90% of this fanbase is too.

BigMeatballDave 12-27-2012 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9243916)
No kidding.

Matt Ryan, 5 months before the draft, was getting killed for being the #1 QB prospect that year.

It's comical that the most glaring need on this team and people want to entertain having Te'o or Star on this team. Another ****ing D lineman or inside backer that won't do an ounce of good when the offense can't score more than 10 points.

People are so ****ing scared to take a QB, but they'll invest the 4th top 10 DLine pick in 6 years and be perfectly content with that, when you can get 3-4 DE's (we already have the NT) in the 4th round or later.

Not only is the coaching staff, front office a pack of morons, 90% of this fanbase is too.

Yep. We have an elite RB that should finish with over 1500 yards, but they'll still finish at 2-14. These dipshits just DO NOT get how important the QB is.

Thig Lyfe 12-27-2012 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9243921)
Yep. We have an elite RB that should finish with over 1500 yards, but they'll still finish at 2-14. These dipshits just DO NOT get how important the QB is.

let's just draft another elite RB and only run the ball

DJ's left nut 12-27-2012 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 9243822)
Btw around this time last year, Kiper had Landry Jones at #4 overall on his big board.

Robert Griffin III? 24th overall.

Then the scouts showed up and he reversed course.

Kiper is a nothing these days. He may have started the draft analysis game, but he's just completely marginalized now. Apart from having the backing of ESPN, he's just completely worthless.

If you threw him out there on the open market and made him earn his bones, he'd be considered slightly less credible than the average Bleacher Report article at this point.

Draft analysis has moved well beyond this fossil. He's the Chris Berman of draft reporting.

okiedokieokoye 12-27-2012 01:23 PM

This year's QB class is just fine. All the analysts are spoiled with the recent rookie QB phenoms. But there are several QB's in this class that are going to play in the NFL. I hope they all succeed. I just want one of them to be ours.

DJ's left nut 12-27-2012 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9243863)
Mayock on Blaine Gabbert.

But here's the thing - Pest, is anything he said there inaccurate?

He's a big, strong-armed QB with bad feet that leaves the pocket too soon. He came up from a spread offense and needed to learn a lot at the NFL level.

Absolutely all of that was accurate. What he didn't get right was his belief that Gabbert would be able to overcome that. Frankly, I don't believe Gabbert had a prayer in JAX. That was an awful situation, especially for a kid that clearly needed a year or even 2 of study and preparation for this level.

Mayock wasn't wrong in his analysis, he was just wrong in how Gabbert developed. Can you really hold the fact that Jacksonville threw Gabbert to the wolves well before he was ready?

I like Mayock quite a bit.

RealSNR 12-27-2012 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braincase (Post 9243816)
At this point, I think the best option is to trade down, trade down, trade down and stockpile picks for the 2014 and 2015 drafts. Chiefs should make it a goal to have 6 picks in the first three rounds in each of the the next two drafts.

TEDDY BRIDGEWATER FTW

Geno Smith is the best QB the NFL draft is going to see for at least the next two years. Take him or STFU forever.

PhillyChiefFan 12-27-2012 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9243889)
Kiper's pre-combine rankings......

RGIII - 24th overall player
Vontaze Burfict - 15th overall player - "Great instincts, makes plays sideline to sideline and is far more disciplined than he gets credit for."
Landry Jones - 4th overall player

This speaks volumes.