ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Who is your #1 HC choice? Who would you be happy to have?? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268268)

DTHOF 12-31-2012 02:44 PM

Cowher

ChiliConCarnage 12-31-2012 02:45 PM

If I had my pick it'd probably be Reid for a variety of reasons but I think he'd be better served sitting a year.

BigMeatballDave 12-31-2012 03:22 PM

There isn't a single HC out there now that excites me.

ToxSocks 12-31-2012 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AirForceChief (Post 9259925)
Cower, L. Smith, Gruden.

Norv for O-Coord.

Hell Yeah.

The KC Fired Coaches Club.

DomerNKC 12-31-2012 03:36 PM

Andy Reid as Head Coach...Lovie Smith as Defensive Coordinator...Norv Turner as Offensive Coordinator. Dream Big.

RINGLEADER 12-31-2012 03:36 PM

We need someone who has shown they can instill discipline, work with young players and vets, is able to develop draft picks (QBs) a plus, and have had success at the NFL level.

Cowher fits this mold, but who knows if he still has the same fire. So does Bruce Arians. So does Jon Gruden. So does Andy Reid (though he seems burned out).

There are some OCs who could also pass that test, though the respect card for someone like K. Shanahan is a risk.

Bottom line is we need someone who fits those criteria IMO.
Bu

chagrin 12-31-2012 03:38 PM

Someone with a proven track record of success.
Someone that does not have draft responsibility, unless they have #1 above

Cowher would be nice, I wonder how he'd do after so much time off though. Even with Kordell went to how many AFC championship games? plus a couple Bowl appearances.

Bruce Arians (is it bruce?) really did a top job in Indy, he is intriguing - proven history of success with QB's and offense.

Andy Reid sounds interesting, but I have nothing other than that. Proven track record works for me.

Who I do not want:
Gruden

Kelly - Chip Kelly is just a guy that everyone is asking for with nothing more than "hey he's new and good in college" to back up their reasons why.

God damn Todd Haley - don't forget ow he blamed everyone but himself when things went bad He's a little man with a little man attitude and it's gotten him nowhere, only worked well with fitz, bolden and warner.

Imon Yourside 12-31-2012 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DomerNKC (Post 9260558)
Andy Reid as Head Coach...Lovie Smith as Defensive Coordinator...Norv Turner as Offensive Coordinator. Dream Big.

Reid runs the west coast offense right? Norv Turner runs the same Offense as the 80/90's Redskins ah la Al Saunders.

Imon Yourside 12-31-2012 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chagrin (Post 9260571)

Cowher would be nice, I wonder how he'd do after so much time off though. Even with Kordell went to how many AFC championship games? plus a couple Bowl appearances.

Bruce Arians (is it bruce?) really did a top job in Indy, he is intriguing - proven history of success with QB's and offense.

Andy Reid sounds interesting, but I have nothing other than that. Proven track record works for me.

Who I do not want:
Gruden

Kelly - Chip Kelly is just a guy that everyone is asking for with nothing more than "hey he's new and good in college" to back up their reasons why.

God damn Todd Haley - don't forget ow he blamed everyone but himself when things went bad He's a little man with a little man attitude and it's gotten him nowhere, only worked well with fitz, bolden and warner.

No Kelly is a guy that does things his own way and would like to forge a path in his own way. Me likey.

RINGLEADER 12-31-2012 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiliConCarnage (Post 9260239)
If I had my pick it'd probably be Reid for a variety of reasons but I think he'd be better served sitting a year.

Sort of agree with this. But he showed he can coach at an extremely high level and get the most out of players, young and old. A down year causes some concern, but I wouldn't be worried about a Romeo-like performance. He'd also bring some respect from potential FAs and quality assistants.

petegz28 12-31-2012 03:40 PM

Arians

Sorter 12-31-2012 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DomerNKC (Post 9260558)

You're going to switch to the Tampa 2, hire a WCO HC, and then have a Coryell guy who literally has no experience in anything different IIRC and force either him or the head coach to learn completely new terminology?

JFC. ROFL

J Diddy 12-31-2012 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9259175)
If you look at who the 7-9 team beat, you'd realize they weren't that good either.

Look at who the 2-14 team lost to in comparison.

Imon Yourside 12-31-2012 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9260598)
You're going to switch to the Tampa 2, hire a WCO HC, and then have a Coryell guy who literally has no experience in anything different IIRC and force either him or the head coach to learn completely new terminology?

JFC. ROFL

Te-o!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOTAJ!!!

Sorter 12-31-2012 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chagrin (Post 9260571)

Who I do not want:
Gruden

Wrong. I love his creativity in incorporating some power philosophies into a zone-blocking run scheme. I like the misdirection he has with his counters, traps, and off tackle plays on power going the opposite way. I love the way he is detailed, organized and has an effective practice schedule. I like the way he utilized a one-word playcall system for their hurry-up that designated protection, routes, and progressions with just one word and was able to do it with college kids.