ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Matt Flynn (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268555)

The Franchise 01-06-2013 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9288194)
I've seen it all over this board now, and this is one vet consideration I can get behind.

This.

TRR 01-06-2013 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9288115)
People keep saying this, but all they have to base this on is Donavan McNabb, who really wasn't ready to start from day one.

It all depends on what Reid thinks of the roster. Does he believe the O-Line is ready to protect a rookie. He has said time and time again that he won't allow a rookie QB to start unless he feels good about the talent around him.

McNabb was easily the most talented QB on the roster in Philly when he was drafted. However, Reid quickly killed any hope of him starting as a rookie....Starting Doug Peterson instead. He threw away that year before it ever started. But, he felt it was best in the long run.
Posted via Mobile Device

hometeam 01-06-2013 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9288098)
I don't really want Flynn. But if we were to make a trade for him he would not be our backup. He would start at least the first year. Reid will not play rookie QBs.

For those who are calling for him, him being a starter is much worse.

http://allsportcrossfit.com/wp-conte.../07/mugatu.jpg

milkman 01-06-2013 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRR (Post 9288219)
It all depends on what Reid thinks of the roster. Does he believe the O-Line is ready to protect a rookie. He has said time and time again that he won't allow a rookie QB to start unless he feels good about the talent around him.

McNabb was easily the most talented QB on the roster in Philly when he was drafted. However, Reid quickly killed any hope of him starting as a rookie....Starting Doug Peterson instead. He threw away that year before it ever started. But, he felt it was best in the long run.
Posted via Mobile Device

McNabb was easily the most talented, but he was also a dumb shit.

He wasn't ready to start because he needed at least that first season to even begin to digest the complexities of an NFL playbook.

TRR 01-06-2013 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 9288220)
For those who are calling for him, him being a starter is much worse.

http://allsportcrossfit.com/wp-conte.../07/mugatu.jpg

Care to tell me how Matt Flynn is worse than Doug Peterson as your starter for a year?

Posted via Mobile Device

TRR 01-06-2013 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9288226)
McNabb was easily the most talented, but he was also a dumb shit.

He wasn't ready to start because he needed at least that first season to even begin to digest the complexities of an NFL playbook.

He didn't start because Reid didn't think the team around him was set up to succeed. Regardless of the QB.
Posted via Mobile Device

hometeam 01-06-2013 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRR (Post 9288228)
Care to tell me how Matt Flynn is worse than Doug Peterson as your starter for a year?

Posted via Mobile Device

Never watched Doug Peterson. That also has no bearing on whether we should try and trade for Flynn or not.

Besides that, we don't know if Matt Flynn can even play. He played one game against a bad team, with a super bowl winning team supporting him. So? In what universe is giving up something to get this guy a good idea?

milkman 01-06-2013 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRR (Post 9288237)
He didn't start because Reid didn't think the team around him was set up to succeed. Regardless of the QB.
Posted via Mobile Device

And, of course, if the coach tells you something, it's always true.

TRR 01-06-2013 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9288248)
And, of course, if the coach tells you something, it's always true.

What does that say about Reid drafting a "dumb as shit" QB in the Top 5 then? If he isn't telling the truth...
Posted via Mobile Device

Rugby Thompson 01-06-2013 01:41 PM

i hate these threads...REID IS NOT GOING TO BRING IN A FLYNN OR A VICK, JESUS CHRIST.

DaKCMan AP 01-06-2013 01:43 PM

No. Anyone who think Flynn is good is a ****ing idiot.

Rugby Thompson 01-06-2013 01:45 PM

FLYNN IS ANOTHER CASSEL, THE ONLY DIFFERENCE IS FLYNN HAS PLAYED LIKE WHAT, 14 LESS GAMES THEN CASSEL.

SERIOUSLY, EVERYONE ACTS SO OPTIMISTIC ON THIS BOARD SINCE WE HAVE REID BUT THEN YOU WANNA BRING IN ALEX SMITH, VICK OR FLYNN AS OUR QB? IT WOULD BE A TOTAL FAIL.

Rugby Thompson 01-06-2013 01:45 PM

WE'RE THE KANSAS CITY CHIEFS NOT THE KANSAS CITY EAGLES

Pasta Little Brioni 01-06-2013 01:46 PM

After everything that this franchise has gone through and people still want leftovers like Flynn and A. Smith....****

Easy 6 01-06-2013 01:47 PM

Put me down for a "NO"