ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Prayer Request Shooting at my little sisters school (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268716)

frankotank 01-10-2013 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9303197)
LMAO

We need to start making over/under bets for when these threads go sideways.

oh come on....we all knew at first glance where this would go.
I'd say it's a valid debate.....but it's just NOT. people want to take guns away from law abiding citizens as if criminals would obey these same laws.

it's not a valid debate. it's simply moronic.

ptlyon 01-10-2013 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9303197)
LMAO

We need to start making over/under bets for when these threads go sideways.

I certainly would have lost on the under. Kind of proud it made it that far. I wanted to respond to the dumb **** myself but it's not in D.C. (yet)

notorious 01-10-2013 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 9303209)
I'd say it's a valid debate.....but it's just NOT. people want to take guns away from law abiding citizens as if criminals would obey these same laws.

I agree, but there is a designated place for that topic.

Most people don't want to hear all of us pissing and moaning.

blaise 01-10-2013 12:59 PM

Quote:

It's not a debate. It's a series of pre-determined posts that won't change anyone's mind. It's a flowchart to nowhere.

MagicHef 01-10-2013 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 9303208)
I hope the shooter used a single shot breakopen rifle. Those need to be banned , they suck!

Shotgun. One student shot, another with minor injuries.

notorious 01-10-2013 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 9303214)
It's not a debate. It's a series of pre-determined posts that won't change anyone's mind. It's a flowchart to nowhere.

No, the flowchart goes somewhere.

It goes straight into an AIDS ocean.

TheGuardian 01-10-2013 01:01 PM

I actually rarely get into these types of discussions, but it's amazing to me, with the history the entire world has when they disarm their population that people would want guns to go away.

It helps create a balance in society. People walk into malls and shoot because there are signs on the doors that read "gun free zone". This means, the people who LEGALLY have guns, will obey that, and not carry. However the crazy loon who plans on shooting everyone sees this sign as saying "fish in a barrel."

We have a mental illness issue in this country, or a social issue that needs to be addressed. Plenty of other countries have high gun ownership that don't have the problems we have with shootings. It's not the gun, it's the person. People kill more people every year with hammers and knives than "assault rifles". Does home depot need to take hammers off the shelves?

Liberals always amaze me with their lack of logic. When you take away guns, you only take them away from the people who desire to protect themselves, and their family. The people who are going to use guns in a criminal fashion, will still have guns. So the rest of us just get to die by their hand.

Sorry, this will never happen. Those that think guns are the problem here, need to drink bleach.

philfree 01-10-2013 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 9303216)
Shotgun. One student shot, another with minor injuries.

Now they'll come after Sweet 16.

Cannibal 01-10-2013 01:03 PM

Move this shit to DC please.

Bearcat 01-10-2013 01:05 PM

Quote:

Except in at least the past few cases, the guns were legally registered by law abiding citizens.... I think there's a valid debate on whether the same kid who can unlock mom or dad's gun cabinet would hit the streets to buy them illegally, if they weren't readily available.

It's a culture thing, and no one is going to change the minds of the other people... they have to come to their own conclusions, and arguing about it usually entrenches people further into their original beliefs. The country was founded on the belief of protection against the government, and it's not about to go away. Even if the only real solution is to take away all the guns like other countries, it's not going to happen, which is another reason arguing about it is dumb.

frankotank 01-10-2013 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 9303214)

very very nice post. ROFL
I feel you....
I'm done....after one more!

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 9303220)
People walk into malls and shoot because there are signs on the doors that read "gun free zone". This means, the people who LEGALLY have guns, will obey that, and not carry. However the crazy loon who plans on shooting everyone sees this sign as saying "fish in a barrel."

or WILL they?
malls & schools = primo psycho shooting spots
some CCW folks may be of the opinion that "what's in my pants ain't none of your business".....you know....hypothetically speaking.....some CCW folks just may be sitting at that high school b-ball game with an extra bulge....just in case....

frankotank 01-10-2013 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannibal (Post 9303225)
Move this shit to DC please.

what the heck?
you COULD stop reading it you know.

InChiefsHeaven 01-10-2013 01:15 PM

Welp, that settles it. Need to ban shotguns now too.

Reerun_KC 01-10-2013 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHell (Post 9303248)
Welp, that settles it. Need to ban shotguns now too.

Damn an I am heading out after work to buy my son a new shotgun for our weekend hunting trip.

I better get there before more people buy everything!!!!

-King- 01-10-2013 01:20 PM

Not to get political, but what do you guys think about abortion, stem cell research, military drone use, and the death penalty?