ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Do you get a flu shot? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268737)

Brock 01-11-2013 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 9305205)
I'd rather let my body fight off nasty intruders on it's own than get outside help. I believe that makes my immune system stronger.

Again, this is my (probably misguided) opinion and not based on any fact.

Getting sick does make your immune system stronger. The flu vaccine does the same thing without making you sick.

Floridafan 01-11-2013 10:01 AM

I suppose there are some of you that believe the polio vaccine cured polio. If so, do some research and see what happened to the spinal meningitis numbers in children the years following the start of mass vaccines. To those to lazy, they skyrocketed. Reason? The virus mutated, got stronger and attacked the CNS. If you think the govt. and their BS articles written by "scientists" bought and paid for, are accurate, I have some waterfront property to sell you, along with a bridge. I know you believe the govt, is always doing whats best for you cause they care so much, right? Getta a clue.

I have numerous articles written by referred journals that show a large number of these so called scientific researchers are "paid" researchers to give them the results they want, not the truth. If you believe they wouldn't do that you are more than naive, your just dumb and probably believe that Obama is in DC looking out for you and your best interests.

jiveturkey 01-11-2013 10:04 AM

I haven't had anything more than a minor cold in the last 10 years so I don't bother with the flu shot.

I'm not against it, I just haven't felt a need to get one.

Canofbier 01-11-2013 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Floridafan (Post 9305274)
I suppose there are some of you that believe the polio vaccine cured polio. If so, do some research and see what happened to the spinal meningitis numbers in children the years following the start of mass vaccines. To those to lazy, they skyrocketed. Reason? The virus mutated, got stronger and attacked the CNS. If you think the govt. and their BS articles written by "scientists" bought and paid for, are accurate, I have some waterfront property to sell you, along with a bridge. I know you believe the govt, is always doing whats best for you cause they care so much, right? Getta a clue.

I have numerous articles written by referred journals that show a large number of these so called scientific researchers are "paid" researchers to give them the results they want, not the truth. If you believe they wouldn't do that you are more than naive, your just dumb and probably believe that Obama is in DC looking out for you and your best interests.

Conspiracy logic at its best. What's the excuse for the smallpox eradication, then? ASTHMA NUMBERS HAVE SKYROCKETED IN RECENT YEARS, COINCIDENCE?

ptlyon 01-11-2013 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canofbier (Post 9305339)
Conspiracy logic at its best. What's the excuse for the smallpox eradication, then? ASTHMA NUMBERS HAVE SKYROCKETED IN RECENT YEARS, COINCIDENCE?

Just shut up & eat your fiber!

(sorry, had to do it)

Iowanian 01-11-2013 10:33 AM

I wish they'd make a vaccination for rotovirus.

Having a kid or two involved in a barf-o-rama every thursday night for a month gets old.

How does a 30lb kid barf the volume of a 400lb man who just drank a case of beer and ate at a buffet?

Iowanian 01-11-2013 10:35 AM

Washing your hands and using germ-x several times per day this time of year is as likely to keep you healthy as anything else you do.

R8RFAN 01-11-2013 10:47 AM

Keep your hands away from your face and nose....

ptlyon 01-11-2013 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9305456)
Keep your hands away from your face and nose....

Johnny! Don't put that finger in your ear! You don't know where it's been!

Dartgod 01-11-2013 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9305216)
Getting sick does make your immune system stronger. The flu vaccine does the same thing without making you sick.

But if I'm exposed to the flu bug and do not contract the flu (my own immune system fought it off), did I not make my immune system stronger on its own?

loochy 01-11-2013 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 9305515)
But if I'm exposed to the flu bug and do not contract the flu (my own immune system fought it off), did I not make my immune system stronger on its own?

I wouldn't say that you made your immune system stronger....it's more like your immune system is already strong enough because it didn't let the flu virus take hold and multiply.

buddha 01-11-2013 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 9304243)
Seems like this flu season is pretty bad so far. Especially here in Boston. All I see on the news is how everyone should get a flu shot.

I have never had a flu shot, there's all sorts of chemical shit that I don't want in my body, the thimerosal (mercury), aluminum and other shit. I don't trust it for a second.

I've never had a flu shot and I haven't had the flu since....I can't even remember when.

I know I know, I'm a batshit crazy dumbass for not trusting it, after all the government tells us we should take it!!

I don't know why, but the years I have gotten flu shots, I get sick more often. It just doesn't work well for me, so I haven't had one in five years. Honestly, I have had a few head colds during that time, but I haven't had the flu once.

Dartgod 01-11-2013 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9305574)
I wouldn't say that you made your immune system stronger....it's more like your immune system is already strong enough because it didn't let the flu virus take hold and multiply.

My immune system strong like bull.

Dartgod 01-11-2013 11:33 AM

Of course, now that I've made such a big deal about my strong immune system, I expect to come down with a killer cold or flu that will lay me up for days.

journeyscarab 01-11-2013 11:34 AM

No and I rarely get the flu. Maybe the seasonal cold but not full blown influenza. Now I'm cursed.