ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Sportscasters You Hate (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268968)

warpaint* 01-16-2013 02:58 PM

Michael Irvin - Too much screaming and lack of insight
Emmitt Smith - Incoherent babble and bastardization of the English language
Keyshawn Johnson - Cliches, seems unprepared to me most of the time, no insight.
Chris Berman - Just an all around fake, obnoxious, arrogant douche.
Stuart Scott - Always trying too hard to talk street. Or whatever that babble is that comes out of his mouth.
Danny Kanell - Ok if you don't remember him he played QB at Fla St in the 90s. Anyway, I didn't even know he was on TV until I randomly woke up in the middle of the night a couple months ago, couldn't fall back asleep, and crash landed into this show on espnu that I'd never heard of.....I don't even know how to describe the disaster I witnessed. It was like first take and yo mtv cribs all wrapped up into one colossal cluster void of intelligence and insight. Random dude I'd never seen before in my life was lobbing questions at Kanell and they were sort of talking sports except Kanell was trying to be fresh and was forcing crude slang into every answer whether it flowed or not and then there was this guy working a spin table.....lol you would have to see it to believe it. Low IQ programming at it's finest.
Stephen A Smith - Too much screaming.
Skip Bayless - Painfully contrived shtick.

Dragonocho 01-16-2013 03:00 PM

76 posts to mention how awful Rex Hudler and Steve Physioc are?
Millen, Dierdorf, Joe Buck's Sanctimonious rear end, Marv Albert (he was good 20 years ago), and Tim McCarver all cause me to lower the volume to 1 or below.

hometeam 01-16-2013 03:00 PM

Do they have to be sportscasters?

Cause I really. really, really, ****ing hate Mel Kiper.

warpaint* 01-16-2013 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houstonwhodat (Post 9324512)
What sportscasters make you wanna change the channel or hit mute?

Here are some of mine:

Chris Collinsworth
Troy Aikman
Al Michaels
Warren Sapp
Dan Dierdorf (please go away)
Shannon Sharpe - (sounds too much like OJ Simpson)
Bob Costas (keep your gun opinions to yourself midget)
Deion Sanders (Cowboys homer)
Lou Holtz (say it don't spray it)
Marv Albert (I keep seeing visuals of him wearing panties)

I'm sure I'll think of more after I see yours.

Speaking of shticks they need to scrap the Mark May/Lou Holtz dog and pony show. It's just bad tv. Just give me insight and tell me what you really think. The fake arguing and always picking your fav school is cute for 12 yr olds but not adults.

Reminds me of some of Kiper and McShay's fake banter from a few yrs ago that they thankfully have gotten away from.

Salisbury and Clayton had the fake banter/hate shtick going for awhile too.

warpaint* 01-16-2013 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 9325033)
People have listed quite a few that they like.

Not only that but when you have a thread that discusses who people don't like opinions are going to be varied so as a result every guy's probably going to eventually get mentioned. No one person is going to be universally liked by everybody.

Common sense tells me one thing - the guys that are part of the #1/#2 teams on all the networks are obviously more popular/liked than not. So just b/c Joe Buck or Troy Aikman are mentioned by a few guys in this thread doesn't mean they aren't actually liked by the vast majority of fans. But this wasn't a thread asking who people like, only who they don't.

gooch 01-16-2013 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 9325323)
Do they have to be sportscasters?

Cause I really. really, really, ****ing hate Mel Kiper.

:clap: this!

BigCatDaddy 01-16-2013 03:19 PM

I think most people have a soft spot for Costas because he was the one calling the finals in the Jordan era.

texaschiefsfan 01-16-2013 03:21 PM

Phil Simms because he can't pronounce the word "him."

saphojunkie 01-16-2013 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9325435)
I think most people have a soft spot for Costas because he was the one calling the finals in the Jordan era.

It's because he's more of a journalist. He is more of a sports critic than a sportscaster. He took the baton from Howard Cosell in that regard. Cosell never played the game, but his expertise was in dissecting the human element of sport with eloquence and insight.

Costas has that gift, too.

BigCatDaddy 01-16-2013 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9325464)
It's because he's more of a journalist. He is more of a sports critic than a sportscaster. He took the baton from Howard Cosell in that regard. Cosell never played the game, but his expertise was in dissecting the human element of sport with eloquence and insight.

Costas has that gift, too.

Yeah, too bad he went full Billay. You never go full Billay.

Hammock Parties 01-16-2013 03:25 PM

I love them all.

Without idiot sportscasters we wouldn't get cornball brother stuff.

saphojunkie 01-16-2013 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9325476)
Yeah, too bad he went full Billay. You never go full Billay.

The inability of people to respect someone who disagrees with them is ****ing tragic in this country.

CoMoChief 01-16-2013 03:29 PM

I can't stand anyone now a days. ESPN has set the bar to "clown show circus" level and everyone and anyone tries to duplicate it.

BigCatDaddy 01-16-2013 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9325518)
The inability of people to respect someone who disagrees with them is ****ing tragic in this country.

Not to rehash it, but he exploited a tragic situation to promote his politics. Not cool on either side of the isle.

New World Order 01-16-2013 03:37 PM

Gus Johnson