ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Trading for Nick Foles (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269093)

BigCatDaddy 01-19-2013 11:02 PM

I think LA Chiefsfan was done a favor. He won't have to see a dozen stupid ass threads like this one over the next 3 months.

ChiefsCountry 01-19-2013 11:04 PM

Lets trade for somebody's backup quarterback has worked so well for us.
Posted via Mobile Device

FloridaMan88 01-19-2013 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9334384)
Lets trade for somebody's backup quarterback has worked so well for us.
Posted via Mobile Device

It is like a heroin addiction to some in this fanbase... the desire to trade for another team's back-up QB.

tony77 01-19-2013 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FringeNC (Post 9334265)
What's sad is how a non-heralded rookie (Foles) was so much more effective than the trash we trotted out there. JFC. Whoever is our starter next year -- Reid will at least give us an NFL-caliber passing attack. Thank god.

Quote:

Originally Posted by suds79 (Post 9334367)
Same.

But while I'd like to see us draft a qb in the first, at this point I think it's looking unlikely. So Foles would be my second option. I wanted the Chiefs to draft him last year.

Yes foles would be the same exact thing. Theres a plus side hes already broken into the nfl. Unlike a rookie.

RealSNR 01-20-2013 02:20 AM

Nick Foles ****ing sucks

Stanzi > Cousins > Foles

ChiefBoyRDEE 01-20-2013 03:41 AM

ummmm.... no, that would be really dumb

although I'm happy to move ahead with Foles in Philly, you'd rather go with another young guy if that's your route, e.g. Geno

better off with a real vet, e.g. Kevin Kolb, if you are going to wait for the franchise guy until next year

to clarify: Foles already is in Philly, we don't need to trade anything, etc. to get him, we are in a stop gap scenario with a college coach coming in, we can run Foles for a year and then replace him ; you guys have #1 so if you want to go young this year then get Geno

jspchief 01-20-2013 03:49 AM

I don't see the price to acquire Foles being reasonable. Philly needs QBs just as bad as KC does. Why would they let him go for anything less than too much? I realize he doesn't fit what people think Kelly will want, but they aren't going to let him go for a song with no other experienced QB on their roster.

His price will be higher than his value. Just no.

ChiefBoyRDEE 01-20-2013 03:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 9334635)
I don't see the price to acquire Foles being reasonable. Philly needs QBs just as bad as KC does. Why would they let him go for anything less than too much? I realize he doesn't fit what people think Kelly will want, but they aren't going to let him go for a song with no other experienced QB on their roster.

His price will be higher than his value. Just no.

yeah, i'm sure that is right

a swap from #1 to #4 and then the 2nd rounder of the Eagles but what else do you get? Jeremy Maclin? doubt Kelly wants to let him go as he fits Kelly's O

doubt the Eagles will push 2014 1st rounder into the mix as well, but ya never know

Rasputin 01-20-2013 03:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefBoyRDEE (Post 9334632)
ummmm.... no, that would be really dumb

although I'm happy to move ahead with Foles in Philly, you'd rather go with another young guy if that's your route, e.g. Geno

better off with a real vet, e.g. Kevin Kolb, if you are going to wait for the franchise guy until next year

to clarify: Foles already is in Philly, we don't need to trade anything, etc. to get him, we are in a stop gap scenario with a college coach coming in, we can run Foles for a year and then replace him ; you guys have #1 so if you want to go young this year then get Geno

Your an Eagles fan is that right? Yet you go by ChiefBoyRDEE? Miss leading user name BaNHammer lol

ChiefBoyRDEE 01-20-2013 04:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9334641)
Your an Eagles fan is that right? Yet you go by ChiefBoyRDEE? Miss leading user name BaNHammer lol

yeah, that's right, but i'm interested in being a serious contributor here

if i'm still posting and you guys are ok with that in a couple months i pledge to change my user name if that helps everyone

redundant info: i've posted this a couple times but just to get it out there for sure, i'm overseas and one of my closest friends/colleagues is another American from Kansas, went to KU, huge Chiefs and Jayhawk fan ; SO, we take an interest in each other's teams and this AR coincidence and me on the Eagle message board brought me here

jspchief 01-20-2013 04:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefBoyRDEE (Post 9334644)
yeah, that's right, but i'm interested in being a serious contributor here

if i'm still posting and you guys are ok with that in a couple months i pledge to change my user name if that helps everyone

redundant info: i've posted this a couple times but just to get it out there for sure, i'm overseas and one of my closest friends/colleagues is another American from Kansas, went to KU, huge Chiefs and Jayhawk fan ; SO, we take an interest in each other's teams and this AR coincidence and me on the Eagle message board brought me here

You don't have to explain yourself every time someone questions your allegiance. This place just likes to hammer on noobs to run off the dumbshits. Just do your thing and the rest will work itself out.

the Talking Can 01-20-2013 04:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FranciscoD'Anconia (Post 9334126)
Foles was a 3rd rounder because a) he was on a bad team which made him look worse and b) he ran a slow 40, with the "trend" being toward more mobile QBs. In Reid's system, the latter doesn't matter. That's why he slipped. He has EVERYTHING else. When he played, he exceeded expectations. All that having been said, he was a 3rd round pick in what may go down as the best QB draft of all time. IN this, relatively weak draft, that alone makes him early 2nd round value. The fact that he exceeded expectations makes him probably late first round value. Some mock drafts (Mel Kiper's for what its worth) have NO QBs with first round grades, and this is a weak draft all around.

Don't be fooled by the 3rd round pick thing. This guy can play. Don't be fooled by "we can pick a guy 1st overall". There aren't any good QBs in this draft.

i imagine weasels eating a huge block of cheese when i read this post

Unsmooth-Moment 01-20-2013 04:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9334601)
Nick Foles ****ing sucks

Stanzi > Cousins > Foles

Stanzi shouldn't be on any ****ing lists. He's trash.

the Talking Can 01-20-2013 04:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9334601)
Nick Foles ****ing sucks

Stanzi > Cousins > Foles

are you ranking hot dog vendors?

ChiefBoyRDEE 01-20-2013 04:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 9334646)
You don't have to explain yourself every time someone questions your allegiance. This place just likes to hammer on noobs to run off the dumbshits. Just do your thing and the rest will work itself out.

yes, i understand how these things work but this situation is special cause of the run of n00bs

anyway, thanks for the clarification, appreciate it