ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football 49ers cornerback: No gays allowed (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269499)

CoMoChief 01-30-2013 07:20 PM

OH NO GAY BASHING!!!!!

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!

007 01-30-2013 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Argo (Post 9365452)
Ftr, I'm gay and I have no problem with this. people can express themselves however they truly feel. it would be pretty awkward to have an openly gay guy showering with a bunch of straight guys.

Shit, I don't do public showers at all.

mcan 01-30-2013 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9365904)
OH NO GAY BASHING!!!!!

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!

Punctuation helps.

Oh no! gay bashing! Waaaaaaaa....

Is very different from:

Oh, no gay bashing? Waaaaaaa...

kysirsoze 01-30-2013 07:24 PM

Quote:

OH NO GAY BASHING!!!!!

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!

Great post. Thanks. I see you adopted Eric Winston as well. You are just on a ROLL.

Thig Lyfe 01-30-2013 07:24 PM

Quote:

OH NO GAY BASHING!!!!!

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!

I commend you for your bold anti-no-gay-bashing stance.

kysirsoze 01-30-2013 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Argo (Post 9365452)
Ftr, I'm gay and I have no problem with this. people can express themselves however they truly feel. it would be pretty awkward to have an openly gay guy showering with a bunch of straight guys.

Maybe that's true. Perhaps if players felt that they could be honest about their sexuality without it harming their careers, they could have a reason to shower separately. The funny thing is an atmosphere like this practically GUARANTEES closeted gay guys will be showering with straight guys.

kysirsoze 01-30-2013 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thig Lyfe (Post 9365887)
This idea that we're supposed to tolerate intolerance is complete nonsense, and I'm really sick of people pushing it as though it's some kind of brilliant counterpoint.

MFing REP. At least Guardian has the balls to flat out blame all Muslims for terrorism.

CoMoChief 01-30-2013 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcan (Post 9365909)
Punctuation helps.

Oh no! gay bashing! Waaaaaaaa....

Is very different from:

Oh, no gay bashing? Waaaaaaa...

Oh hey nice to see the grammar police has stopped by.

Always a joy to have these idiots chime in.

CoMoChief 01-30-2013 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kysirsoze (Post 9365919)
Great post. Thanks. I see you adopted Eric Winston as well. You are just on a ROLL.

:rolleyes:

mcan 01-30-2013 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kysirsoze (Post 9365939)
MFing REP. At least Guardian has the balls to flat out blame all Muslims for terrorism.

I thought that was a particularly nice gesture as well. I mean its just his preference to not be around terrorists and its his opinion that Muslim stereotypes are all true, across the board. Therefore they are all Terrorists. Just his opinion though. He cant have them all killed. It's not like he's a bigot or anything.

Thig Lyfe 01-30-2013 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9365954)
Oh hey nice to see the grammar police has stopped by.

Always a joy to have these idiots chime in.

He was actually making a joke and implying that you're disappointed at the lack of gay bashing in the thread, not correcting your grammar. But weirdly it seems that you weren't quite able to grasp what he did.

mcan 01-30-2013 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thig Lyfe (Post 9365964)
He was actually making a joke and implying that you're disappointed at the lack of gay bashing in the thread, not correcting your grammar. But weirdly it seems that you weren't quite able to grasp what he did.

[Weddingsingerreference]See, billy idol gets it, I don't know why she doesn't. [/weddingsingerreference]

mcan 01-30-2013 07:44 PM

We're the only ones left arguing in here...

Yay! Compassion, logic, and humanism win again!

NEXT TOPIC PLEASE. You set em up, I'll knock em down.

Mr. Laz 01-30-2013 07:55 PM

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
Chris Culliver's statement: "It has taken me seeing (my comments) in print to realize that they are hurtful and ugly."
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

okcchief 01-30-2013 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thig Lyfe (Post 9365880)
By the way, there's nothing refreshing about a bigot being "honest," and admonishing people who advance an oppressive or bigoted viewpoint is not "PC bullshit." We're not talking about feelings getting hurt, we're talking about the fundamental issues of equality and discrimination. People like this guy need to stop being "honest" and start seriously reconsidering their backwards, ignorant, misinformed worldviews.

Perhaps if people came at him educating him instead of condemning him that might be true. The Gay and Lesbian alliance will come after him and persecute him in the same way they don't want to be. There are plenty of people in this country that have problems or are uncomfortable with gay people. It has a lot to do with how they are raised, and usually revolves around religion. They aren't necessarily bad people that should be condemned. A slow understanding approach, and honest discussion is the way to go about it. You are going from one witch hunt to the next. You can't expect people change their views overnight. If we just need to give programmed responses then go ahead and write a script so we don't have to hear back lash about a similar story every ****ing day. What the guy said is stupid, but the response will be every bit as stupid.