ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Dads with young daughters... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269582)

The Franchise 02-01-2013 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9370597)
My kids aren't allowed to watch "Gravity Falls".

To scary?

Molitoth 02-01-2013 02:20 PM

Cool, I will start DVR'ing that show.

The Franchise 02-01-2013 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 9370599)
Cool, I will start DVR'ing that show.

I'd test watch an episode first. They basically deal with stuff like monsters...etc. So some of the stuff might be on the scary side depending on your kids.

ZepSinger 02-01-2013 02:25 PM

My youngest daughter wants to go SO bad. I'll do my best to get the $$$ together.

Molitoth 02-01-2013 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9370606)
I'd test watch an episode first. They basically deal with stuff like monsters...etc. So some of the stuff might be on the scary side depending on your kids.

OK good to know.

I think my daughter had some nightmares after watching Brave, Paranorman, and Hotel Transylvania.

Fish 02-01-2013 02:33 PM

Phineas and Ferb. All ****ing day....

Could be much worse, it's actually a pretty good kid's show.

Mike in SW-MO 02-01-2013 02:34 PM

Few years back I took my daughter & her soccer friends to see the Disney heart throbs perform at state fair. Funny to watch 11 yo girls having screaming spastic convulsions.

By intermission I was shoving toilet paper in my ears. One of my girls was crying her eyes out cause her ears were hurting. Girl sitting behind her never ever ever quit screaming. We traded spots and I began the training course. Every time she started screaming, I stood up so she couldn't see. She would quitand I would sit down. She'd scream. I'd stand. After about 5 minutes we had an understanding.

Take ear plugs just in case.

htismaqe 02-01-2013 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9370598)
To scary?

Too stupid, I think.

The one time my wife saw them watching it, it was mostly low-brow humor about butts and vomit.

I'm not really sure, I've never seen it and it is my wife's rule.

htismaqe 02-01-2013 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 9370648)
Phineas and Ferb. All ****ing day....

Could be much worse, it's actually a pretty good kid's show.

Great show.

LiveSteam 02-01-2013 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9370325)
My 9-year old is obsessed with Taylor Swift. It's my fault, I have encouraged her to play the guitar (yes, she's the one I started the thread about a while back).

Last year, I took my oldest daughter to a Chiefs game for her birthday. I spent around $250 for 3 tickets.

It was my time to make it right, so I spent an almost IDENTICAL amount per ticket as I spent on the game and bought 3 tickets to Taylor Swift in concert.

I am almost certain that I will have to go. ABSOLUTELY not my type of music.

But I can't wait to tell her!

Wanna trade for 3 Justin Beiber tickets?

Deberg_1990 02-01-2013 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9370667)
Too stupid, I think.

The one time my wife saw them watching it, it was mostly low-brow humor about butts and vomit.

There are a few like that on Cartoon Network as well. I try and keep a pretty close eye on stuff they watch as well. My kids are starting to get into the Live action DIsney Channel shows like Jessie now. :facepalm:

ct 02-01-2013 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9370386)
20 years from now, she'll laugh as she remembers how she drug you to a Taylor Swift concert against your will, and how she loves you that much more for it.

Props for being a kick ass dad.

THIS.

Nice job Dad!

The Franchise 02-01-2013 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9370667)
Too stupid, I think.

Yeah....it tends to be like that.

My daughter wanted to watch Adventure Time......and I won't let her.

htismaqe 02-01-2013 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9370676)
There are a few like that on Cartoon Network as well. I try and keep a pretty close eye on stuff they watch as well. My kids are starting to get into the Live action DIsney Channel shows like Jessie now. :facepalm:

My kids aren't really allowed to watch Cartoon Network at all.

My wife caught me watching Space Ghost Coast to Coast once. LMAO

They watch Disney more than anything else (Nickelodeon is like A Clockwork Orange with commercials) but it's mostly "Austin and Ally" and "Good Luck Charlie". They hate "Jessie".

houstonwhodat 02-01-2013 02:48 PM

Taylor Swift will end up a big fat bitch like her mom.

Her music sucks.