ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Way too many ebonic speaking idiots on ESPN (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269680)

'Hamas' Jenkins 02-04-2013 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 9378782)
It's not just the former pro players pretending to be journalists/experts, it's the guys that actually went to college and got their degrees too.

LMAO This sounds bad, but it's worse when the two night anchors on SportsCenter (the ones of color lol, I can't think of their names at the moment) are anchoring together. When it's the white one and the black one it's a "smoother" broadcast, to go along with the thread topic. But when the two black anchors are on together it is unwatchable as they are ebonicing and slanging it up the whole sportscast. It's like a locker room, no joke. They probably drink on the commercial breaks they have so much fun together. I'm not just talking about the fact that you can't understand what they're saying, but they mess around way too much and mess up the broadcast because of their mistakes.

I think they feel more comfortable with each other that's why when they're anchoring together they act a fool, and when they're with a white guy they're a little more professional, but still crap as PGM said. ESPN has went down the drain.

Gotta have the white man in there to maintain order. Where have I heard that before?

RealSNR 02-04-2013 10:17 PM

Charles Barkley talks funny, and everybody on the TNT set makes fun of how stupid he is, but he's ****ing brilliant on TV

-King- 02-04-2013 10:21 PM

We just need more Lou Holtz. That man has a very charming voice.

CoMoChief 02-04-2013 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9378115)
There are a lot of ESPN announcers in Louisiana that you deal with on a daily basis?

No....I'm just talking about the slang language in general....it's really annoying....and white people do it all the time thinking it's cool, when it's not. It makes you sound ignorant.

I really like Mike Wilbon. He's one of the very few that I can stand, and I don't even watch NBA all that much. Usually mostly from his PTI days.

Now Stephen A Smiff? There's not one thing about him that isn't annoying. He's loud, shouts and talks like a moron. Same goes w/ Stuart Scott. That guy is the biggest phoney I've ever see on TV. Now everyone in sports journalism wants to be Stuart Scott, and it's really annoying.

Al Bundy 02-04-2013 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9379028)

:clap:

listopencil 02-04-2013 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9379037)
I really like Mike Wilbon. He's one of the very few that I can stand...

One of the very few what that you can stand?

TimeForWasp 02-04-2013 10:36 PM

What does your baby momma think?

Sorter 02-04-2013 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9379028)

*immediately strangles the first elderly person seen*

"This is because of Lou!!"

KC_Connection 02-04-2013 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 9378855)
Sad world.

Can't say I care much about what kind of person Jalen Rose is. I still enjoy watching him more than most of the other idiots they bring on. He's got charisma and he knows what he's talking about in regard to basketball most of the time.

KC_Connection 02-04-2013 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9379019)
Charles Barkley talks funny, and everybody on the TNT set makes fun of how stupid he is, but he's ****ing brilliant on TV

TNT lets him speak his mind and it's the best sports talk show on TV because of that.

KcMizzou 02-04-2013 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9379169)
TNT lets him speak his mind and it's the best sports talk show on TV because of that.

Yeah, Barkley's awesome. Totally unfiltered. I like the guy.

And he's not stupid.

KC_Connection 02-04-2013 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 9379172)
Yeah, Barkley's awesome. Totally unfiltered. I like the guy.

And he's not stupid.

Not about basketball, anyway. He knows his shit in that area. He's surprisingly insightful about other more important things at times too.

Dave Lane 02-04-2013 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard_Harrow (Post 9377792)
Huh? I didnt say anything remotely racist.

I'm concerned where ESPN has headed as a network. I miss the days of Dan Patrick where it was more formal and the anchors and commentators actually spoke ENGLISH!

Now we have some of the anchors and commentators using slang and basically talking like uneducated buffoons.

I see how you got all that chiefs red.

nstygma 02-05-2013 12:06 AM

oh man, this reminds me of this thread:

Pick Your Favorite Emmitt Smith Quote!

19. "Eli Manning has been given the rice of passage."

LMAO

someone needs to update the list

ClevelandBronco 02-05-2013 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9379002)
Gotta have the white man in there to maintain order. Where have I heard that before?

You mean besides most NFL front offices?