ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs [KC taking a QB #1] "I say absolutely no chance of that happening." -Mel Kiper (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269805)

DaneMcCloud 02-07-2013 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9386168)
When dealing with the Chiefs, I generally think of "what could be the absolute best thing they could to", then expect them to do the opposite.

However, I just don't see us trading down. I'm sure they would like to go down a bit, get more picks and still get their guy, but unless it's Joeckel I don't see what teams would trade up for. Even with him, I don't really see it.

I think the more it goes on, it seems more likely to me we will draft a QB at 1. Now there are questions about Joeckel even being the best tackle in the draft, if we re up Albert, there is no LT at 1. I don't see us taking a pass rusher there, I don't see us taking Star, he's an even bigger reach than a QB.

I could *see* them trading down, then taking Milliner or Moore or Star, then taking Manuel at the top of the second.

It's just difficult for me to believe they'll actually take a QB because, well, it's the Chiefs.

bowener 02-07-2013 09:25 PM

And just like that Kiper got more people to respond to his bullshit, watch him online/Tv, and probably read his next mock to blast it. Brilliant troll is brilliant $$

AussieChiefsFan 02-07-2013 09:26 PM

Mel Kiper should be a censored name.

DaneMcCloud 02-07-2013 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 9386180)
And just like that Kiper got more people to respond to his bullshit, watch him online/Tv, and probably read his next mock to blast it. Brilliant troll is brilliant $$

Except that it's ESPN "Insider", which means you have to pay for a subscription to read it.

Personally, I think Mel believes what he says, whether or not it's for his own profit or gain.

O.city 02-07-2013 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9386178)
I could *see* them trading down, then taking Milliner or Moore or Star, then taking Manuel at the top of the second.

It's just difficult for me to believe they'll actually take a QB because, well, it's the Chiefs.

Yeah, could "see" them doing that. Even with that though, it seems you would be "reaching" for a QB as I don't see Manuel as that high of a guy at this point, but you know how the QB goes.

I just have a hard time figuring a guy is "worth" the 4 or 8 pick, but not at 1.

Strongside 02-07-2013 09:34 PM

Quote:

I just have a hard time figuring a guy is "worth" the 4 or 8 pick, but not at 1.
This. This pisses me off more than anything about draft analysis this year. "There isn't a quarterback worth the #1 overall pick."

And in the same piece:

"The Oakland Raiders need answers at quarterback. I think they take Geno Smith here."

YOU PAINT CHIP EATING MOTHER****ERS YOU.

R8RFAN 02-07-2013 09:34 PM

a 2-14 team has more needs than just a QB WITH THE BEST PICK, I see you guys taking a QB in the 2nd

O.city 02-07-2013 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9386203)
a 2-14 team has more needs than just a QB WITH THE BEST PICK, I see you guys taking a QB in the 2nd

Your troll attempts are getting tired. Go **** your hand somewhere else. :cuss:

DaneMcCloud 02-07-2013 09:39 PM

Quote:

As of today, the Chiefs need a starting QB, Safety, Cornerback and Inside Linebacker. Those needs may change once free agency begins.

That said, I don't believe there is a safety, cornerback or ILB worth the #1 overall pick. There *may*, however, be a QB worth the #1 overall pick.

O.city 02-07-2013 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9386218)
As of today, the Chiefs need a starting QB, Safety, Cornerback and Inside Linebacker. Those needs may change once free agency begins.

That said, I don't believe there is a safety, cornerback or ILB worth the #1 overall pick. There *may*, however, be a QB worth the #1 overall pick.

Don't take the bait, he's been trollfishing for days now. He's quite cunning.

O.city 02-07-2013 09:41 PM

So my question is, if a guys is worth a top 10 pick, isn't he worth the first overall pick?

Messier 02-07-2013 09:41 PM

A lot of people are expecting the Chiefs to do the wrong thing, and assuming they won't have a rookie QB, because they've never seen it before, but remember, this is Andy Reid's team. I know they've said the GM and coach have equal say, but Reid will have the say. It's Reid's decision on draft day. When has Reid not had a QB in the system to groom? Even in the Vick years, he had Kolb and Foles right behind him, and they're both better than any QB the Chiefs had under SP.

I guess I understand all the doubt, but we've never, and I'm going back to Marty's days, has a QB guru as a coach. It'll be different, and the one thing I'm almost counting on, is the Chiefs will develop their own QB under Reid.

Strongside 02-07-2013 09:42 PM

Quote:

While it's true that we have other needs than just a quarterback, we also have THE MOST PROFOUND NEED AT QUARTERBACK OF ANY TEAM IN PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL. Not to mention that, of the players considered the best in the draft, none are big needs on this team. Jarvis Jones? We're great at OLB. Luke Joeckel? We have a franchise LT waiting to be resigned.

Simply put, you either sell out to best player available or draft based on need...you can't mix the two here...not this year. If you even begin to sneak the word need into the conversation then it HAS to be a quarterback, no question about it. We have a hole at that position (the most important position at that) the size of a small planet. In fact, NASA is considering sending a manned mission to our need at the quarterback position.

O.city 02-07-2013 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9386232)
A lot of people are expecting the Chiefs to do the wrong thing, and assuming they won't have a rookie QB, because they've never seen it before, but remember, this is Andy Reid's team. I know they've said the GM and coach have equal say, but Reid will have the say. It's Reid's decision on draft day. When has Reid not had a QB in the system to groom? Even in the Vick years, he had Kolb and Foles right behind him, and they're both better than any QB the Chiefs had under SP.

I guess I understand all the doubt, but we've never, and I'm going back to Marty's days, has a QB guru as a coach. It'll be different, and the one thing I'm almost counting on, is the Chiefs will develop their own QB under Reid.

Thats fine for you to think that, but until they actually pull the trigger and do it, well, you know the rest. We've had this before. Coach X is different, GM Y is different. Well, yeah they are yet here we are.

And like has been said before, better doesn't always equal good.

Messier 02-07-2013 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9386236)
Thats fine for you to think that, but until they actually pull the trigger and do it, well, you know the rest.

And like has been said before, better doesn't always equal good.

I'm just asking, when has Reid not had a QB he developed? He'll have his QB, and it won't be a cast off.