ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life The start of my juice cleanse/fast. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270599)

Carlota69 03-04-2013 09:22 AM

Get the Vitamix when you can. You can get a refurbished one from their website a a discounted rate. That way, you can juice veggies like spinach and kale, carrots etc.
Congrats on the qweight loss and big congrats on diminishing your headaches. Getting rid of the soda and replacing with not only water, but good juice is prolly a huge reason. Soda is ****ing terrible for us.
To continue to lose weight, drinking a gallon plus a day is good. But don't drink your weight in water. .for instance, maybe drink 150 oz a day? Just under 2 gallons from here on out? That's what my trainer ha told made in the past, altho mine is a gallon a day 120oz.
Keep it up. Your inspiration. Love to keep,seeing your progress:)

El Jefe 03-04-2013 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by La literatura (Post 9462447)

Yep^

El Jefe 03-04-2013 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9462586)
ROFL Nice catch.

You've lost 17lbs in 3 days? Holy jumping ****ing shitballs!

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 9462592)
Yes that Juice cleanse works VERY quickly, it's also very dangerous and should be watched over by a doctor...You can go a little slower as well.

Yep, I dropped 17lbs. I will check in with my doctor this week.

El Jefe 03-04-2013 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Bundy (Post 9462443)
I didn't go through the whole thread, but I imagine you have added blueberries to your diet?

Yes, all types of berries, but I actually have been eating them whole. I am not wasting them in the juicer. It takes like 3lbs of blueberries to make one shake, F that noise. I have been eating tons of different berries. Cancer runs in my family very deeply, and I am on a lifestyle change to combat any type of disease or illness I can. The show fat, sick and nearly dead really hit me in the eyes. I don't want to have a stroke or massive heart attack before fourty. If I can eat different types of berries to help me avoid cancer, even if it only matters a couple %, I am going to do it!

El Jefe 03-04-2013 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 9462522)
Are you going to update the OP or just keep it in line? And I'd be interested in weigh-in reports to see if/when there's a plateau. I know the HDL and LDL levels can't really be done daily, but I've heard this diet works quickly, so for the guy two offices down (peanut butter in his veins), I'd love to show him a real-life example of how quickly it works.

And thanks, this is awesome! So many folks (6!!!) in my office got lap bands, and it just seems to me that along with the lap band, this is about what they did. So what was it, the lap band or the diet. I know they say the lap bands "magic" is you feeling full almost right away, but that's a will thing, and they seem to have assumed a LOT of risk for lack of will....

Anyway, thanks, this is cool...

I didn't even think about updating the header, I think I will give that a shot. I wouldn't touch a lap band, my aunt did that and she regretted it. I know I can do it myself! I will definitely keep updating.

El Jefe 03-04-2013 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 9462460)
I pee pretty much hourly with the amount of water I drink, so I don't think you're that far off.

This is going to sound sad, but I used to drink so much diet soda that I wouldn't pee for 3 or 4 hours. I watched another documentary about diet sode and regular soda, and man ignorance is bliss. Needless to say, my diet soda intake will be cut by about 95%.

Mr. Flopnuts 03-04-2013 09:46 AM

This is the juicer the guy from the movie bought. Cheaper than the Vitamix.

http://www.amazon.com/Breville-JE98X...2411880&sr=1-2

RealSNR 03-04-2013 09:50 AM

Curious if you're subscribing to any mail-order places to buy all this produce in bulk. I imagine if you take a trip through the grocery store to collect all this, it comes out to damn near $20 a drink in some cases.

Mr. Flopnuts 03-04-2013 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9462661)
Curious if you're subscribing to any mail-order places to buy all this produce in bulk. I imagine if you take a trip through the grocery store to collect all this, it comes out to damn near $20 a drink in some cases.

$12-$15 a day. That's the cost at Walmart.

El Jefe 03-04-2013 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9462661)

Nope, I shop at Sam's Club, and their produce is ridiculously cheap, althought I do have to buy Kale from Wally World, because Sam's doesn't carry it. I priced my first four days, and with the sweet deals at Sam's I am looking at like 7-8 bucks a day. Well, maybe around 9 if I factor in the Kale. I used a bunch of spinach yesterday and that's pretty cheap. Fruit is ridiculously cheap at Sam's club. I got 10lbs worth of oranges for like 3.88.

Toadkiller 03-04-2013 10:04 AM

Curious why your going to alter the diet after 3 days.

El Jefe 03-04-2013 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toadkiller (Post 9462689)
Curious why your going to alter the diet after 3 days.

I won't alter it till after Friday. I said what I was going to alter, but I am keeping with this for a full week. Then on Saturday I will alter it. My doctor said a week is plenty to get everything out. To be honest, I wouldn't want to do this for 30days or 60days, could I? Sure, but the benefit to me isn't worth it. I am motivated to keep my change, but I also don't want to dred my meal time, life's to short IMO. I am probably going to eat my one meal a day at lunch, which will comprise of a lot of fruit, pretzels, some almonds and some form of lean protein. I will stay on that regiment for 60 days. Then I will probably go down to juicing for breakfast and a small juice to accompany lunch and/or dinner.

El Jefe 03-04-2013 10:12 AM

Side Note: If you put pineapple in the mean green juice recipe it makes it much better. I wouldn't say its awesome, but I actually won't mind drinking it for another week! A downside to juicing is your breath, birps and farts tend to smell like death. I drink a ton of water and it keeps your breath and birps ok. Farts on the other hand, tend to have a mind of their own! Im kidding, it hasn't been too bad. So I have been on for three full days and I really haven't had an issue with running poop, it hasnt been bad at all.

58-4ever 03-04-2013 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlota69 (Post 9454980)
Im a spicy bitch. I use a lot. I love ginger and its so damn good for you. I would say I use maybe 1/2 a ginger root for 32oz of juice?

Jesus Christ, I tried eating a lot of ginger this morning in my smoothie and I burned the shit out of my throat and ass. It certainly clears the pipes too.

Saulbadguy 03-04-2013 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Jefe (Post 9462702)
Side Note: If you put pineapple in the mean green juice recipe it makes it much better. I wouldn't say its awesome, but I actually won't mind drinking it for another week! A downside to juicing is your breath, birps and farts tend to smell like death. I drink a ton of water and it keeps your breath and birps ok. Farts on the other hand, tend to have a mind of their own! Im kidding, it hasn't been too bad. So I have been on for three full days and I really haven't had an issue with running poop, it hasnt been bad at all.

Dumbass.