ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Game Consoles Are Already Dead — And Developers Know It (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270721)

candyman 03-06-2013 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandusksuna (Post 9468816)
Yes that's true. But I am talking about the top tier, the high end of high end. But with a console they can't offer such a thing and gouge you with pricing. My point is, there is so much crap to build a gaming PC and so many types and competitors and prices to choose from. You could easily be fooled and waste money. With a console, what you see is what you get. You save more money is the bottom line and NO ONE can argue that.

Only if you're a dumbass that doesn't know how to do a little research. So you basically have no point.

Imon Yourside 03-06-2013 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by candyman (Post 9470063)
Only if you're a dumbass that doesn't know how to do a little research. So you basically have no point.

Yup, all you really need is Microcenter and a friend with decent knowledge on how to build the system. It really is so much easier than it used to be. Research a little and save a lot.

DaveNull 03-06-2013 06:36 PM

http://www.lolsauce.com/RandomBS/ThreadDelivers.jpg

QuikSsurfer 03-06-2013 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandusksuna (Post 9469025)
:eek: :eek: :eek: Would it? Well dang then.

Especially if you started going crazy with the cooling that you need in order to keep it together... I mean, if we're talking best of the best. You would go well over that, sir!

lcarus 03-07-2013 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 9464926)
I certainly hope so, PC is so much better than the crap consoles.

As someone who used to be a strictly console guy, I've turned more to the PC for a few reasons. I have my PC hooked HDMI to my HDTV now. Most games on PC have gamepad support. So it's exactly the same as playing on a PS3 or 360, only...the graphics are a ton better. Now I'm not a big graphics guy, but when I have a choice, why NOT go with the way better graphics? My PC basically IS a console now. And a console is a computer that pretty much only allows you to play games and do a few other things. The line between a PC and console grows thinner all the time.

lcarus 03-07-2013 12:32 PM

Also, if it weren't for exclusive games to the Xbox, PS, and Nintendo...it would be rather stupid to purchase a console when you could spend a little bit more and get a PC, which you can upgrade as years go by, and of course it's a PC which allows you to do so much more than gaming. I'm thinkin about bypassing consoles altogether next gen and just build me a good PC.

Deberg_1990 03-07-2013 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9473771)
Also, if it weren't for exclusive games to the Xbox, PS, and Nintendo...it would be rather stupid to purchase a console when you could spend a little bit more and get a PC, which you can upgrade as years go by, and of course it's a PC which allows you to do so much more than gaming. I'm thinkin about bypassing consoles altogether next gen and just build me a good PC.

How many people just keep upgrading their PCs for 7 or 8 years? (The amount of time these consoles systems have lasted) Maybe for 3-5 years...but after that, usually people start talking about buying a whole new system.

lcarus 03-07-2013 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9473776)
How many people just keep upgrading their PCs for 7 or 8 years? (The amount of time these consoles systems have lasted) Maybe for 3-5 years...but after that, usually people start talking about buying a whole new system.

That's true, but I have a relatively old PC with relatively old graphics card (in technology years I guess), but games still look incredible compared to consoles. Plus you know...I can do so many other things on my PC. I still own a PS3, 360, and Wii, but for most titles I'm trying to get them on PC. For instance, Arkham City, a great game on all consoles and systems, is just stunning on PC.

Imon Yourside 03-08-2013 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9473784)
That's true, but I have a relatively old PC with relatively old graphics card (in technology years I guess), but games still look incredible compared to consoles. Plus you know...I can do so many other things on my PC. I still own a PS3, 360, and Wii, but for most titles I'm trying to get them on PC. For instance, Arkham City, a great game on all consoles and systems, is just stunning on PC.

I own a 360, PS3 and Wii and WII-U and I play them never..PC is the shiznitz!

Deberg_1990 03-08-2013 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 9475988)
I own a 360, PS3 and Wii and WII-U and I play them never

Then why did you buy them then?

007 03-08-2013 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9476277)
Then why did you buy them then?

Because he is a Chiefs fan.

Dayze 03-08-2013 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9476280)
Because he is a Chiefs fan.

LMAO

Dayze 03-09-2013 10:33 PM

Did some looking to weekend at a dedicated gaming computer.
I was also able to get my hands on a throttle/yoke/pitch combo and switch panel for my flight sim.

I took a picture of the specs of the computer.

AMD A10 quad core
3.4Ghz
MS 8 64 bit
8GB DDR3'-1600 RAM
2TB 7,200 RPM Serial ATA hard drive
DVD etc
AMD 4G video memory
Wireless etc

I cleaned up my laptop and re-installed MS Flight Sim. My laptop is a 2MB and like a 1.7GHZ. It runs the sim pretty well, though I can't get the level of scenery and detail I'd like. Otherwise it gets really iffy.

Would a desktop like the one above run the sim a lot more smoothly? Allow me to run more detail etc?

hometeam 03-09-2013 10:46 PM

I wouldn't put any AMD in a gaming rig when I could pick an intel processor. I am also willing to spend money for the performance I want.

Also, when you say amd 4gb graphics that doesn't tell us a lot.

edit : a10 is an APU. Please dont.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fFCsWafmNi8?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Core-i...-AMD-A10-5800K

Dayze 03-09-2013 11:20 PM

Thanks. I really wanted to just get a rough ballpark since I know jack shit.
Definitely gonna hit you up when I'm ready.