ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU ****Official 2013-14 Missouri Tiger Football Repository Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271290)

duncan_idaho 05-14-2013 11:11 AM

Couple of recruits committed last night.

OL from the KS of KC metro. Decent enough prospect.

The second is a tiny DB/WR/RB from Tennessee that was viewed as a backup plan by Memphis.

It's bad, folks.

Good news is that I heard some good things about the next coaching targets and big boosters' willingness to spend over the weekend.

Worst case scenario: Pinkel wins 7 in regular season and the bowl game. They will stay with him in that case.

6 or less, and he's out.

8 or more, and he's obviously still in.

It seems the divorce wiped out some serious cash reserves for him, so he might stick around longer to build those back up.

'Hamas' Jenkins 05-14-2013 11:34 PM

I saw Elvis Fisher and another MU OL at TGI Friday's on Saturday. As I left I moved swiftly by Elvis' left shoulder, just like most SEC DL.

Jerm 05-15-2013 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9681531)
Couple of recruits committed last night.

OL from the KS of KC metro. Decent enough prospect.

The second is a tiny DB/WR/RB from Tennessee that was viewed as a backup plan by Memphis.

It's bad, folks.

Good news is that I heard some good things about the next coaching targets and big boosters' willingness to spend over the weekend.

Worst case scenario: Pinkel wins 7 in regular season and the bowl game. They will stay with him in that case.

6 or less, and he's out.

8 or more, and he's obviously still in.

It seems the divorce wiped out some serious cash reserves for him, so he might stick around longer to build those back up.

When Pinkel is toast after this year there's no doubt they're going to have to bring in a legit, culture changing hire to turn this around and make us competitive in the SEC.

I just don't trust Alden to do it....

Pepe Silvia 05-15-2013 12:59 AM

Damn it, I just don't think I can take another year of Pinkel and James Franklin, ugh. Its one thing to lose but **** we are going to get demolished in this league, its just not good.

KCinNY 05-15-2013 11:36 AM

The SEC defenses love Pinkel's sad devotion to that gimicky offense of his.

It's criminally stupid to leave any OT on Mizzou's roster one on one against Javedon Clowney. Any coach with half a brain will help his OT against that monster. Pinkel the other hand....

duncan_idaho 05-15-2013 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCinNY (Post 9684385)

It's criminally stupid to leave any OT on Mizzou's roster one on one against Javedon Clowney. Any coach with half a brain will help his OT against that monster. Pinkel the other hand....

Look, I'm not really optimistic about this staff's chances of succeeding (mainly because Pinkel insists on carrying slapdick recruiters like Walker, Jones, his nephew), but this is one area that is changing.

Seven yard shotgun + 5 WR + empty backfield + no help for tackles sounds like it is a thing of the past. Henson has been vocal about changing many of these things, especially attaching TEs to the line to help in pass pro.

From what I hear, this type of stuff isn't even Pinkel. He delegates EVERYTHING. Coordinators are given complete control over their areas. Henson has made some major changes that I think will help quite a bit.

'Hamas' Jenkins 05-18-2013 12:58 PM

Pinkel's delegation combined with the buffoons he's had running his units helps explain the pathetic lack of in-game adjustments for the entirety of his tenure.

Pepe Silvia 05-18-2013 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9684407)
Look, I'm not really optimistic about this staff's chances of succeeding (mainly because Pinkel insists on carrying slapdick recruiters like Walker, Jones, his nephew), but this is one area that is changing.

Seven yard shotgun + 5 WR + empty backfield + no help for tackles sounds like it is a thing of the past. Henson has been vocal about changing many of these things, especially attaching TEs to the line to help in pass pro.

From what I hear, this type of stuff isn't even Pinkel. He delegates EVERYTHING. Coordinators are given complete control over their areas. Henson has made some major changes that I think will help quite a bit.

I'll believe it when I see it. If James Franklin is the starter this year does it really matter?

Bowser 05-18-2013 06:14 PM

I really don't consider myself a Franklin homer, but it would have been nice to see what he could have been capable of if he hadn't gotten hurt last season.

HonestChieffan 05-18-2013 06:44 PM

Mizzou? Football? Come on. Really? ****em

'Hamas' Jenkins 05-18-2013 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9690902)
I really don't consider myself a Franklin homer, but it would have been nice to see what he could have been capable of if he hadn't gotten hurt last season.

He was rarely really hurt. He's soft and injury prone.

After Gabbert played after having his ankle ripped off I have little patience for someone who won't take a cortisone shot because they equate it to doing drugs.

Pitt Gorilla 05-18-2013 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9691414)
He was rarely really hurt. He's soft and injury prone.

After Gabbert played after having his ankle ripped off I have little patience for someone who won't take a cortisone shot because they equate it to doing drugs.

Fortunately, we have a backup this year. If Frank goes down, Mauk should be ready to go.

Jerm 05-18-2013 10:42 PM

Mauk should be the starter from day one but we know how Pinkel is...

Sorter 05-18-2013 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCinNY (Post 9684385)

As far as offenses go, Meyer's was/is far more "gimmicky".

'Hamas' Jenkins 05-19-2013 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9691504)
As far as offenses go, Meyer's was/is far more "gimmicky".

True. However, our OL splits were straight out of a carnival.