ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports Cuban says he would draft Brittney Griner. Could she play in the NBA? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271718)

mikey23545 04-04-2013 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHENZ A! (Post 9552820)
I don't see the harm in letting her try, but I have no doubt in my mind that she would have zero success. Not big enough to bang with the 4's and 5's, and would look foolish trying to play wing.

I'm not big enough to bang with the 4's and 5's, and would look foolish trying to play anywhere on the court...

So I should definitely be given a chance, right?

Setsuna 04-04-2013 01:33 AM

She'd put all the men to shame in the locker room. That's not fair. War on Men!

Lzen 04-04-2013 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 9555372)
Yes.

What the **** do you care?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultra Peanut (Post 9555373)
you're p dumb fwiw

I have yet to see any good argument against Brendan's position.

Could you two explain your positions, plz?

Hootie 04-04-2013 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 9555470)
She couldnt play in D2 let alone the NBA. This isnt tennis or golf here. Only major sport I see a woman playing could be baseball as a slap hitter (honestly surprised there arent any) or as a kicker in the NFL but it would hafta just be FGs cuz she would get demolished in special teams running down the field.

Ppl that think she can make it against the men have obviously not played against a supposed upper level womens bball team. When I was a freshman in HS we scrimmsged against the #4 ranked varsity girls bball team. Keep in mind we were fr and had TWO freshman teams. I expected them to beat us handily. They didnt. We beat them by 60 and we played the scrubs most of the game. Ever since then ive never had the same view of womens athletics.

You think a woman could slap hit in baseball? Christ....

whoman69 04-04-2013 07:36 AM

I half expect she is a guy anyway

Deberg_1990 04-04-2013 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9555471)
there is not a single girl in the WNBA that could play division 1 men's basketball

So your telling me shes not as good as some Div. 1 teams 12th to 15th guy?

Buehler445 04-04-2013 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9555615)

Oh, probably in the Liberty league or something, but dude. They were keeping track of her dunks. Hell coming out of high school I could dunk. And I'm 5 inches shorter than she is and I probably would have sat the bench at a community college.

Hell, TCU and TTU were some of the NCAA's worst in 2012-13, and I don't think she plays on their team at all.

She has pretty slow feet, doesn't jump very high, and has virtually no power at all. She would have a tough time on almost every D-1 school.

Hootie 04-04-2013 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9555615)

Yes. I'm telling you she wouldn't start on a varsity high school basketball team that is worth a damn. Tyler Self would skunk her in 1 on 1.

Honestly...there is not a single WNBA player that could even walk on at a division 1 men's school

patteeu 04-04-2013 08:20 AM

On a somewhat related note:
Female Marines Fail Infantry Officer Course

BY: Washington Free Beacon Staff
April 3, 2013 10:28 am

The only two women to participate in the Marine Corps Infantry Officer Course (IOC) failed ongoing tests to determine which infantry positions should be available to women, according to the Marine Corps Times:
The women failed the introductory Combat Endurance Test, a punishing test of physical strength and endurance, officials at Marine Corps headquarters said Tuesday. The latest class began March 28 at Marine Corps Base Quantico, Va., with 110 lieutenants participating. Ninety-six men passed the initial endurance test. Twelve men and two women — the only female Marines taking part — failed.
The two women both volunteered to participate in the IOC. Two other women had previously volunteered in September but also failed.

Hootie 04-04-2013 08:20 AM

Sometimes, fundamentally, chicks are better shooters than dudes...but you're telling me a chicks team could maneuver against an aggressive full court defense like say VCU? VCU would beat the WNBA all star team by 100 in a half...

...and it's VCU