ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Random guy: Chiefs leaning toward Dion Jordan with 1st pick (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271927)

Sorter 04-09-2013 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9573936)
I dont know much about Mingo. Is it possible we could get him in the third? It seems to me they'd want to address the interior first. Everyone keeps saying "Tamba is old"' but DJ is no spring chicken either, and he's not exactly Ray Lewis consistent out there anyway. To be fair, he's not Donnie Edwards either, so that's good.
Posted via Mobile Device

LMAO

Titty Meat 04-09-2013 11:25 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7etMElFWvb4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

RealSNR 04-09-2013 11:25 PM

Quote:

I dont know much about Mingo. Is it possible we could get him in the third? It seems to me they'd want to address the interior first. Everyone keeps saying "Tamba is old"' but DJ is no spring chicken either, and he's not exactly Ray Lewis consistent out there anyway. To be fair, he's not Donnie Edwards either, so that's good.
Posted via Mobile Device

Apparently all you need to do is plant some weed on a guy, turn him in, and you should be able to get him in the 3rd round.

I'm continually astounded that we were able to draft Justin Houston when we did.

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-09-2013 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ponderception (Post 9573963)
LMAO

Hence my admission of "not knowing much about Mingo". Why would I spend time researching defensive players when this shit was very clear cut when we started?

What was the weakest link on this team?

We are picking where again?

Duhhhhhhhh.....
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-09-2013 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9573978)
Apparently all you need to do is plant some weed on a guy, turn him in, and you should be able to get him in the 3rd round.

I'm continually astounded that we were able to draft Justin Houston when we did.

I'm convinced that was pure ass over teakettle for Peeholi. He really sucked at his job. In hindsight, I'd let Herm draft my DB's from now until Jesus returns.
Posted via Mobile Device

Saccopoo 04-09-2013 11:33 PM

Quote:

Posted via Mobile Device

Mingo might be gone by the fifth pick in the draft.

He's built a bit better than Jordan, has better pass rush moves, better feet and seems to be more naturally acclimated to the game.

They are nearly identical in terms of size and athletic ability. I just think Mingo is a better football player at this point. He's got a little nasty in him and seems to find the plays better.

Saccopoo 04-09-2013 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9573989)
I'm convinced that was pure ass over teakettle for Peeholi. He really sucked at his job. In hindsight, I'd let Herm draft my DB's from now until Jesus returns.
Posted via Mobile Device

Actually, I think he drafted a couple of guys really well.

I thought Rod Hudson was the best offensive line player in his draft, regardless of position.

Many guys had Houston as a later first round pick prior to the weed thing.

He picked up Powe as a sixth rounder. (Though he shelved him in favor of playing his 2012 first round project even though many here thought that Powe had the better pre-season.)

Don Stephenson, had he stayed in school and came out this year, would have been in consideration for the first offensive tackle taken in the draft. I think he was a steal in the third last year.

Succop was a terrific pick.

But he also shit the bed far too many times in his draft picks.

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-09-2013 11:48 PM

That man loved him some fatties. And the picks you've laid out make a strong case for why it's time to move away from the lines for at least ONE draft, and continue to develop the in-house talent.
Posted via Mobile Device

Jiu Jitsu Jon 04-09-2013 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9571775)
They have brought in a staggering amount of piss poor players in free agency. I caught a second of Petro and that boob Teicher talking about the Raiders - they're both convinced that Oakland will have the first overall pick next season.

And then we'll get Clowney, Manziel or Bridgewater. You had your turn crapping the bed last year. What's sad is you had all that cap space and all your draft picks.

RealSNR 04-09-2013 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jiu Jitsu Jon (Post 9574021)
And then we'll get Clowney, Manziel or Bridgewater. You had your turn crapping the bed last year. What's sad is you had all that cap space and all your draft picks.

Manziel is garbage.

penbrook 04-10-2013 12:14 AM

Ryan Riddle the guy whos saying Jordan is going to KC was actually a former NFL player and bleacherreport writer.

gvtheogioG 04-10-2013 04:37 AM

Y? kiê?n cu?a anh hay qua. Du?ng la` mi`nhh kô nghi~ ra nhi?.
Râ?t u?ng hô?.
Ca?m on nhiê`u nhe?.
Trân tro?ng.

ChiefMojo 04-10-2013 05:02 AM

Manziel will get drafted a lot lower than most think. Once people start breaking him down, he will drop like a rock imo. He will be one of those guys that were great college QB's but meh NFL prospects.

As for Jordan I'm a huge fan of his. Imo he has a much higher upside than Mingo!

Mr_Tomahawk 04-10-2013 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gvtheogioG (Post 9574096)
Y? kiê?n cu?a anh hay qua. Du?ng la` mi`nhh kô nghi~ ra nhi?.
Râ?t u?ng hô?.
Ca?m on nhiê`u nhe?.
Trân tro?ng.

Q

patteeu 04-10-2013 07:04 AM

Quote:

I dont know much about Mingo. Is it possible we could get him in the third?

Yeah, he should go somewhere around where Geno Smith is drafted, so that shouldn't be a problem.