ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports Is golf a sport tom watson wears depends and a 14 year old ? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272046)

'Hamas' Jenkins 04-12-2013 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 9581455)
Depending on the course it can be even worse too...i remember walking Augusta when I went there and just walking it I thought I was going to keel over. I can't even imagine what it'd be like to caddy there.

There is a course in CoMo called A.L. Gustin. Aside from being a sack of shit golf course, it is the hilliest mother****er imaginable. Every hole is like a goddamned Stairmaster.

I was in Scotland two years ago w/ my brother-in-law and for one round he wore Footjoys that have wood built into the sole's support structure. Since the ground over there is like concrete, he wanted to kill himself at the end of the round.

barry_smilez20 04-12-2013 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief_For_Life58 (Post 9581165)
san marcos texas is breeding some winners

Alright **** nut

Braincase 04-12-2013 09:55 PM

Sports are as much about finesse and accuracy as they are about shear power. Golf is a sport, and one of the most difficult sports to master. Get you handicap below 10, and then grunt/groan/bitch/moan.

Tell you what, 20 dollar Nassau, any golf course in KC, your choice. Week of April 22nd.

EdmontonChiefsFan 04-12-2013 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barry_smilez20 (Post 9581123)
Non sport

Ok then, go out and play golf. When you can play 18 holes and shoot par, only then can you come back here and say it isn't a sport. And IF you ever manage to shoot par you will understand why it is a sport. Until then STFU !!!!!!

lcarus 04-12-2013 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EdmontonChiefsFan (Post 9582319)
Ok then, go out and play golf. When you can play 18 holes and shoot par, only then can you come back here and say it isn't a sport. And IF you ever manage to shoot par you will understand why it is a sport. Until then STFU !!!!!!

Go play Call of Duty. Play 18 whole matches of Team Deathmatch and IF you manage to get a kill death ratio of 2.0 or higher come back here and say it isn't a sport. Until then STFU !!!!!! (but really I agree with you that golf is a sport)

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 04-12-2013 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braincase (Post 9582308)
Sports are as much about finesse and accuracy as they are about shear power. Golf is a sport, and one of the most difficult sports to master. Get you handicap below 10, and then grunt/groan/bitch/moan.

Tell you what, 20 dollar Nassau, any golf course in KC, your choice. Week of April 22nd.

Yeah. That'll convince him. ****ing moron

Hammock Parties 04-12-2013 10:27 PM

Golf is a sport!

http://www2.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/P...hX3qVxuv7l.jpg

http://o.static.foxsports.com/conten...07_600_400.JPG

TribalElder 04-12-2013 10:38 PM

Tom Watson is the man

Depends or not

You can suck it

EdmontonChiefsFan 04-12-2013 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9582336)
Go play Call of Duty. Play 18 whole matches of Team Deathmatch and IF you manage to get a kill death ratio of 2.0 or higher come back here and say it isn't a sport. Until then STFU !!!!!! (but really I agree with you that golf is a sport)

Fair point, but it's not quite the same. There are many things that are hard and require hours/days/weeks/years of dedication and persistence. My point was, nobody could become a par golfer without being able to recognize it as a sport, which it most definitely is.

lcarus 04-12-2013 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EdmontonChiefsFan (Post 9582364)
Fair point, but it's not quite the same. There are many things that are hard and require hours/days/weeks/years of dedication and persistence. My point was, nobody could become a par golfer without being able to recognize it as a sport, which it most definitely is.

I'm not sure I understand. Out of all the activities that require large amounts of time and dedication in order to succeed, golf is one of those activities, but on top of dedicating the same time and dedication you would in other activities, you'd have to define the activity as a "sport" in your mind? What if someone wanted to get good at golf but didn't think it was a sport at all, but rather a fun activity no different than chess, competitive video games, or guitar playing?

EdmontonChiefsFan 04-12-2013 11:12 PM

It's not up to me to define what "is" and what "is not" a sport, and I am not trying to do so. My only point is I challenge anybody to shoot par and then say "golf is not a sport". That is all.

Simply Red 04-12-2013 11:26 PM

but my thing is - Golf is not really a sport.

lcarus 04-12-2013 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EdmontonChiefsFan (Post 9582387)
It's not up to me to define what "is" and what "is not" a sport, and I am not trying to do so. My only point is I challenge anybody to shoot par and then say "golf is not a sport". That is all.

I agree with you that golf is a sport. A sport requires physical athleticism and/or physical dexterity. The people who don't consider it a sport feel that way because they perceive the word to mean something more in line with how they personally see the word used. In one person's world of "sports" they may watch or play football, basketball, and wrestling, and golf just doesn't seem to fit.

Now if they wanna call it a pussy sport, fair enough lol.

Hammock Parties 04-12-2013 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EdmontonChiefsFan (Post 9582387)

It's definitely a sport.

And so is bowling!

Simply Red 04-12-2013 11:37 PM

there's just nothing reactionary - it's more like bocce ball or billiards, maybe snooker - yes - it's very similar to Snooker. I don't consider Snooker a sport, it's just like that - it's a game, at best.