ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Housing market is down? LOL, yeah right. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272824)

KChiefs1 05-06-2013 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9661934)
Good to hear. If KC is good, it will trickle down here. :thumb:

I'm putting my house on the market & every real estate agent is telling its a fantastic time...buyers have been put on hold for so long they are bursting at the seams to move & with % rates low its a great time to sell. One agent told me houses are selling in less than 30 days.

mdstu 05-06-2013 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9663695)
Meh. Thats real estate business for you. Its part of the job IMO.

I feel you. She was really nice and a good sport. We tried to give her a $100 gas card after we closed and she wouldn't take it.

Nirvana58 05-06-2013 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9663526)
Oh, so you can bid lower than the price that's shown on the web site?

Yeah. You never want to bid full price unless its an insanely good deal. It really depends on how long the house has been on the market as to what percent under the asking price they will take. They usually go by a standard equation like 5 days best offer or 85% asking price. 30 days 75%. 60 days basically whatever they can get. There are some good websites that will do the equations for you. But if your patient and know how to bid you can find some real steals.

ThadEugenia 05-06-2013 10:24 PM

I had my house appraised 7 years ago at 234k. Appraised two months ago at 275k. Go figure.

lewdog 05-06-2013 10:28 PM

We are waiting another year or so until we buy to save up a larger downpayment. Hope the prices don't get too out of control in the next few years but based on reports, interest rates are at least going to stay steady.

BWillie 05-07-2013 12:04 AM

The house I live in Olathe has went down about 15k since I bought it 4 yrs ago. Every year the county appraiser has lowered the value on my home. The county appraised value has even went down 20k

007 05-07-2013 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 9663704)
I'm putting my house on the market & every real estate agent is telling its a fantastic time...buyers have been put on hold for so long they are bursting at the seams to move & with % rates low its a great time to sell. One agent told me houses are selling in less than 30 days.

They are lying to you. What they aren't telling you is that you will have to sell your home for less than it is worth.

mikeyis4dcats. 05-07-2013 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9664406)
They are lying to you. What they aren't telling you is that you will have to sell your home for less than it is worth.

not necessarily true. houses around us are selling like hotcakes. The longest a home in our neighborhood has sat was about 3 months, and that was because it has structural issues, and even it finally sold. There are 4 houses within 2 blocks that have sold in under 2 weeks, including the one across the street our friends just bought the day it hit the market.

El Jefe 05-07-2013 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThadEugenia (Post 9664019)
I had my house appraised 7 years ago at 234k. Appraised two months ago at 275k. Go figure.

I would say that is a favorable ROI!

El Jefe 05-07-2013 08:42 AM

Quote:

Not always. I have seen many sell for asking price within 3-4 weeks of listing.

BigRedChief 05-07-2013 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Jefe (Post 9664704)
Not always. I have seen many sell for asking price within 3-4 weeks of listing.

If its at market value, most here within a day or two. A week at the most.

El Jefe 05-07-2013 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9664712)
If its at market value, most here within a day or two. A week at the most.

Listen to this little predicament I find myself in. My wife and I have been looking to purchase our first house. We offer on a short sale, and then find another we like better, so we retract offer on said short sale house. We then look at this house a couple times, we like what we see, so we decided to put an offer on it. We bartered back and forth, and came to an acceptable price for both parties. We sent in the inspector and he found some major issues. We then (per our written agreement/contract) withdrew our offer from the house. They now are threatening to take us to court (which they really cant), the bad thing is that the legal counsel has said we cannot do anything for a week. The reason this sucks is a house we direly wanted fell out of contract yesterday, so we cannot see it for a week, I hope it lasts lol.

BigRedChief 05-07-2013 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Jefe (Post 9664751)
Listen to this little predicament I find myself in. My wife and I have been looking to purchase our first house. We offer on a short sale, and then find another we like better, so we retract offer on said short sale house. We then look at this house a couple times, we like what we see, so we decided to put an offer on it. We bartered back and forth, and came to an acceptable price for both parties. We sent in the inspector and he found some major issues. We then (per our written agreement/contract) withdrew our offer from the house. They now are threatening to take us to court (which they really cant), the bad thing is that the legal counsel has said we cannot do anything for a week. The reason this sucks is a house we direly wanted fell out of contract yesterday, so we cannot see it for a week, I hope it lasts lol.

The realtor told us we had a legally mandated 15 day window to withdraw our offer post inspection.We found a few termites but nothing major. They tented the house at their expense. We moved forward. Damn glad too.

doomy3 05-07-2013 10:02 AM

Quote:

That isn't close to true, as a blanket statement.

mikeyis4dcats. 05-07-2013 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Jefe (Post 9664751)

why can you not see the house? you may not be able to withdraw your offer and tender a new one, but no reason you can't keep shopping.