ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Aging sucks... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=273037)

tooge 05-14-2013 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9681382)
I'm 42 and feel like I've aged 10 years in the past 2. It's rough. But I stopped playing volleyball and started playing softball. I can play softball smarter and more efficiently providing more value to my team even without the blazing speed I once depended upon so frequently. It's humbling. I guess I'm trying to say that I refocused my energies to a less physically demanding sport.

you should take up tennis

keg in kc 05-14-2013 02:22 PM

Wait, this isn't a thread about blow jobs from older women?

Beef Supreme 05-14-2013 02:30 PM

I used to carry a condom in my pocket. Now I carry a pack of Rolaids.

penguinz 05-14-2013 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet (Post 9681995)
I used to carry a condom in my pocket. Now I carry a pack of Rolaids.

You should try and find condom flavored rolaids!

MahiMike 05-14-2013 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 9681027)
For those of you who have been very physically active how have you handled the depression (is very slight) when you realize your body can no longer do what you want it to do?

As far as this original post goes, I'm still not admitting I can't do what I used to. It may take me a week to recover, but I'm still gonna try. Ran a 15K in March. Lotta alcohol that week.

kepp 05-14-2013 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 9682021)
As far as this original post goes, I'm still not admitting I can't do what I used to. It may take me a week to recover, but I'm still gonna try. Ran a 15K in March. Lotta alcohol that week.

Try some ibuprofen. Alcohol is just empty calories and will only feed the problem. Although, I suppose it is more fun.

MahiMike 05-14-2013 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kepp (Post 9682024)
Try some ibuprofen. Alcohol is just empty calories and will only feed the problem. Although, I suppose it is more fun.

I know but I'm a wimp. Would take half a bottle of aspirin. Can't be good for your liver either.

Holladay 05-14-2013 03:03 PM

Quote:

I hate having more hair in and on my ears than on my head.
Tru Dat. And or on your back or back of your neck.

Another test of age. Only men can do this. Grab one of those nose hairs thats been bothering you. Usually takes a few yanks...they can be slippery. Then through the tears, you notice its white/grey.

Iowanian 05-14-2013 03:18 PM

Easy.

Do what you still think you can do....get physically punished for it on the way home and at night. Take aleve, put the heating pad or ice on what hurts, watch some tv or shoot some 12 year olds in the face on blackops.

I threw 100 pitches to little league kids in the batting cage yesterday and you'd think I dry walled a ceiling if you asked my back.

Mosbonian 05-14-2013 04:43 PM

I gotta admit....this place never disappoints. Bring out an issue we all face and some of you bring some great moments of levity that cause me to shoot water out my nose.

I'm just glad I'm not so old it's coming out the other end when I laugh.

OrtonsPiercedTaint 05-14-2013 05:08 PM

I hear hair can grow out our pee hole.

bevischief 05-14-2013 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mosbonian (Post 9681467)
It's probably all mental, but it gets harder as you get older doing those things. Bad habits are hard to break....especially if you have picked them up again after you dropped them for a while previously.

I've done that...but it still doesn't have the same effect as they did when I was late 30's and lost 60 lbs.

I did it when I turned 30. Lost over 30 pounds 7 years later I don't care for it. I have a cheat day or 2 a week but sugar is not one of them unless it is something homemade and that is around the holidays. Had to add grease/ fried foods this last fall was never a big deal anyway. Diabetes and gallbladder removal runs in the family. I way less than I did in high school and going to basic.

bevischief 05-14-2013 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 9681491)
Pasta is my weakness, we don't dare cook it, damn I love that stuff.
There you go, the not feeling full part is just so darn foreign after having probably over 60,000 meals.

I do eat some pasta but not daily. I leave 1 or 2 cheat days a week.

Do you include bread, buns etc. in the processed foods? Most carbs turn to sugar in the system, correct?

Yes I do if I do eat bread it is usually wheat.

bevischief 05-14-2013 05:30 PM

Basically I eat a Atkins diet.

lewdog 05-14-2013 05:43 PM

Won't read this thread. My biggest fear in life is getting older and not being able to hit the gym like I do now.