ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Jaworski rates Chiefs QB at No. 20 among NFL starters (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274325)

-King- 07-06-2013 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 9794914)
The 17 he has left NFC first:

Brees
Ryan

Rodgers

E. Manning

AFC:

Luck

P. Manning

Big Ben

Brady

Those are the only QBs I'd take over Cam.

Brock 07-06-2013 05:29 PM

15 or 16 sounds right.

Sandy Vagina 07-06-2013 05:33 PM

Says in this link that his ranking was 16 last season.

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2013/7...ion-chris-ault

[Sounds alarm to cue something important] Play-action! Keep that in mind. Smith is excellent at play-action. The Chiefs hired Chris Ault, the grandfather of the pistol, a formation in which the play-action pass could be very effective. Think play-action with Chris Ault. It's not all about the pistol. The play-action will only work with a guy like Jamaal Charles back there. Think how effective that could be.

Interesting note that Smith has been "outstanding" with multiple tight end personnel. The Chiefs have multiple tight ends who will see the field. If those tight ends can block AND catch, it helps sell that play-action.

I'm to the point, as a Chiefs fan, where I just want to see them not screw it up. Don't care so much about going for the jugular or things like that. I just want them to not screw it up. Don't look bad. Don't go 2-14. Just look like a normal dang team. Is it bad that my expectations have lowered like that?

I would LOVE to see an up-tempo offense that excels at short throws. Efficiency is the name of the game and that's where Smith makes his money. The Chiefs traded for him partially because he was so accurate, so you may as well put him in the best position possible to highlight that accuracy. An up tempo offense, focusing on quick throws and our guy Jamaal Charles ... I'm getting excited.

Mr. Laz 07-06-2013 05:34 PM

woo hoo ... our QB is bottom 3rd!!

PBJ

Pasta Little Brioni 07-06-2013 05:36 PM

This team is going to surprise some folks this year

OrtonsPiercedTaint 07-06-2013 05:38 PM

Sanchez, Freeman and Bradford are soooooooo awesome. Two-three years ago people slobberd on those nuts.

Brock 07-06-2013 05:39 PM

Just being competent would be a surprise.

Pasta Little Brioni 07-06-2013 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrtonsPiercedTaint (Post 9795528)
Sanchez, Freeman and Bradford are soooooooo awesome. Two-three years ago people slobberd on those nuts.

Jaws still went about balls deep on Marky Baywatch

Mr. Laz 07-06-2013 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9795524)
This team is going to surprise some folks this year

i'm hoping that decent coaching really turns it around.

Pasta Little Brioni 07-06-2013 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9795535)
i'm hoping that decent coaching really turns it around.

Nobody in this league can overcome 3-4 turnovers a game. We have the best coaching and talent in this division pretty easily right now. Unfortunately the Doncos own a chemically enhanced superior QB by far.

OrtonsPiercedTaint 07-06-2013 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9795533)
Jaws still went about balls deep on Marky Baywatch

Marky could be saved, he's only like 25. But the cost of keeping him around until his brain unfreezes. If it unfreezes is just too much.

Chief Roundup 07-06-2013 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9795412)
I think most of the reasonable guys who are anti-Alex Smith trade have a stance that is different than this.

Basically, that a shot a mediocrity with Alex Smith in 2013 and 2014 is less desirable than taking a shot with a QB who can potentially be better than 15-22nd best in the NFL.

Disliking the price given up for Alex Smith is not just about passing on a QB in Rnds. 1, 2, 3 in this year's draft. It's also about how much more difficult it will make it to acquire a QB early in next year's draft.

Not in position to take the guy you want because your team went 7-9 or 8-8, Andy Reid? Good luck moving up for that QB without your 2nd/3rd round pick.

That's not to mention the fear the Chiefs will commit to Alex Smith long-term before he proves he can be more than an average game manager that can't win playoff games (unless he's playing the 31st D in the NFL).

Those guys are few and far between on here.

Mr. Laz 07-06-2013 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9795556)

i don't believe we are as few as you might think

trading for Alex Smith costs us so much it just kills .... KILLS

still makes my stomach hurt

:banghead:

milkman 07-06-2013 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9795496)
Those are the only QBs I'd take over Cam.

The problem with Cam Newton is the lack of maturity and leadership.

duncan_idaho 07-06-2013 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9795556)

Me
Laz
Sacc
milkman
SNR

That's 5 off the top of my head. I'm sure I'm missing a few.