ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals Grading the Royals at the Halfway Mark (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274519)

Prison Bitch 07-14-2013 07:38 PM

Our middle relief has been abysmal, esp as of late. Collins and Crow have just killed this team the past month costing us a few wins. Hererra was awful early and JC Gutierrez is a fat loser who's now applying for welfare. Funny but Hoch and Chen have been our best options out of the pen until Holland.

The myth that Dayton knows bullpen talent and can just reconstruct good pens has been shot down. He's had a few good pens and a few bad ones here. This year we got a bad performance out of them.

Ace Gunner 07-14-2013 08:45 PM

after the CLE series I'm going with yik.

petegz28 07-14-2013 08:53 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/642kB411kRc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

petegz28 07-14-2013 08:58 PM

I am not breaking down individual players. All I will say is this is a giant ****ing F

ya hear me? I said

A GIANT ****ING F

Why an F?

When you have the kind of starting pitching we have had and you are under .500 in a shit division you ****ing suck!

2 hitting coaches already gone..

Frenchy who never should have started the season....gone

Getz who never should have started the season....gone

Yost, who never should manage another game....still here

It took over half a season before Ned moved Escobar out of the #2 spot which was the right thing to do but then proceeded to move Hosmer to #2 and not Lough which completely invalidates moving Escobar

It's a shit ****ing sandwich. Our GM is a ****ing moron.

Our coach is a ****ing moron.

Our players are just collecting paychecks.

petegz28 07-14-2013 09:01 PM

From this point forward there should be only 1...1 single question that should ever be asked to DMGM.

And there should be only 1 ....1 single answer that is acceptable...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Bnvvn0xrV24" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

gblowfish 07-14-2013 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 9812678)
I am not breaking down individual players. All I will say is this is a giant ****ing F

ya hear me? I said

A GIANT ****ING F

Wow, and over the years you guys have called me a cynic.
Petegz28 IS George Blowfish, circa 2006.

I went through this phase. Now I just come to expect and accept their failure. It's what it is.

CoMoChief 07-14-2013 09:28 PM

Pitching - B+ only reason why it's not in the A range is because other than Santana and Shields, our starting staff has been very inconsistent. Other than Herrera, the bullpen for the most part has done it's job.

Coaching - F There were just so many games this year already where Yost or some other Royals has cost this team games. Messing around w/ the ****ing lineup so much etc.

Hitting - F Other than a couple people...this team hasn't hit for shit all season long. This team needs to hit the long ball. That's the only way we're going to compete w/ teams like CLE and DET. We're on the brink of the season being over. These Royals bats need to wake the **** up!

petegz28 07-14-2013 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 9812745)
Wow, and over the years you guys have called me a cynic.
Petegz28 IS George Blowfish, circa 2006.

I went through this phase. Now I just come to expect and accept their failure. It's what it is.

We have not had a rotation like this in a long, long time. You had Shields, Santana and Guthrie dealing nasty sauce game after game and couldn't do anything but lead the league in the least amount of runs scored.

It's ****ing sad and ****. Yost don't have a ****ing clue of how to manage in the AL. GMDM as well. This team is soft and weak. Gordon and Salvy are really the only 2 every-day players that go out there game after game and get after it on both sides.

Then there is Billy "Love me some SS" Butler who, if you ask me, fell in love with himself after last year and for what he is on this team to do, is flat out stinking up the joint. Why? Because he can. Because Yost and GMDM treat these guys like Kiddy-Kings.

Nightfyre 07-14-2013 10:34 PM

I don't get why Pete thinks it is so bad to stick Hos in the 2 hole. :shrug:

salame 07-14-2013 10:44 PM

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Wy52vEj8Sz...humbs-down.jpg

Bambi 07-14-2013 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 9812665)
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/642kB411kRc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

JFC it's been right here in front our faces the entire time!

Mama Hip Rockets 07-15-2013 12:09 AM

Jarrod Dyson gets an F for standing there and staring at strike three with the bases loaded and two outs in the ninth inning on Friday.

BWillie 07-15-2013 03:43 AM

I dont really see how Hosmer deserves a C-

Hes been offensively as good as Gordon this yr

B for Hos IMO. He actually gets more pts for turning things around

petegz28 07-15-2013 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9812871)
I don't get why Pete thinks it is so bad to stick Hos in the 2 hole. :shrug:

Because he needs to be hitting #3. You know what I have been noticing a lot of? When we have a guy on 1st and the next batter gets a single the runner on 1st stops at 2nd. Other teams? The runner on 1st goes to 3rd.

Hosmer right now is our power. It would be nice to see him moving runners before BB hits a DP to SS.

Nightfyre 07-15-2013 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 9813023)
Because he needs to be hitting #3. You know what I have been noticing a lot of? When we have a guy on 1st and the next batter gets a single the runner on 1st stops at 2nd. Other teams? The runner on 1st goes to 3rd.

Hosmer right now is our power. It would be nice to see him moving runners before BB hits a DP to SS.

Hos and Gordon have adequate speed on the bags. Put your best OBP guy number one and your best hitter number two. Gordon/Hos does that.