ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Group of Chiefs fans wants to turn up volume at Arrowhead (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274608)

In58men 07-18-2013 12:08 PM

SOC needs to get involved in this.

Hammock Parties 07-18-2013 12:10 PM

Guinness just confirmed this group as going after the record. They have to beat 131.7 dB.

In58men 07-18-2013 12:50 PM

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-crowd-record/

007 07-18-2013 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9819182)
Guinness just confirmed this group as going after the record. They have to beat 131.7 dB.

no, we just have to beat Seattle.

pr_capone 07-18-2013 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 9819100)
Yep you are right- wait until they are winners again then jump on the bandwagon.

Just let the Seahags take the title that BELONGS to Arrowhead without even trying because LAST year was a bad year. :rolleyes:

I love it that they are trying to bring back home field advantage-plus helping some local charities in the process.

SAVE OUR CHIEFS needs to get behind this. That was the whole point of the movement to bring back the Chiefs to respectability?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 9819177)
SOC needs to get involved in this.

My first inclination is a BIG no. Just look at the feedback on this in the thread alone.

Even if we were to win, which I sincerely doubt we even crack 115db, it would be a hollow and meaningless victory. It is one thing to hold the record because the fans are into it and are just out of their minds with emotion for the team... it is a completely different thing to "manufacture" the sound just to get in a stupid world record book. Especially when it a reaction to Seattle doing it first.

Monkey see... monkey do.

*edit - SOC was created to get the attention of ownership and let them know we were pissed off and demanded a better product for our money and time. There is nothing "respectable", IMHO, about creating an artificial environment just for the sake of being in a record book.

Mr. Arrowhead 07-18-2013 03:19 PM

Ya Seattle is so loud that Matt Cassel won a important late season game there

Discuss Thrower 07-18-2013 03:21 PM

Too many factors going against KC here:

1) CenturyLink was designed to be a madhouse of noise.
2) prices are wayyyyy to high for anyone outside of the whine and cheese set to sit anywhere lower besides the upper deck.
3) Not enough young idiots to be loud and act like hooligans.

Raiderhater 07-18-2013 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 9819100)
Yep you are right- wait until they are winners again then jump on the bandwagon.

Bandwagoning has nothing to do with this. That word has become so bastardized... A bandwagon fan jumps on board ANY team that is successful at the moment. Just because someone expects to see results before they go and get overly excited does not make them a bandwagon fan.

Quote:

Just let the Seahags take the title that BELONGS to Arrowhead without even trying because LAST year was a bad year. :rolleyes:

I love it that they are trying to bring back home field advantage-plus helping some local charities in the process.

SAVE OUR CHIEFS needs to get behind this. That was the whole point of the movement to bring back the Chiefs to respectability?
No, no it doesn't. Just because it did at one time does not mean that the title is autmatically ours for all of time. We lost it. More to the point, the franchise lost it when they kept trotting crap out onto the field.

Raiderhater 07-18-2013 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 9819452)
My first inclination is a BIG no. Just look at the feedback on this in the thread alone.

Even if we were to win, which I sincerely doubt we even crack 115db, it would be a hollow and meaningless victory. It is one thing to hold the record because the fans are into it and are just out of their minds with emotion for the team... it is a completely different thing to "manufacture" the sound just to get in a stupid world record book. Especially when it a reaction to Seattle doing it first.

Monkey see... monkey do.

*edit - SOC was created to get the attention of ownership and let them know we were pissed off and demanded a better product for our money and time. There is nothing "respectable", IMHO, about creating an artificial environment just for the sake of being in a record book.

Could not agree more.

Hog's Gone Fishin 07-18-2013 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theelusiveeightrop (Post 9818680)
A 3-13 team is not setting any decibel records.

What about when Cassel went down ??? That had to be deafening !

Raiderhater 07-18-2013 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 9819605)

Thickening!

Bugeater 07-18-2013 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 9819605)

http://nocoastbias.com/wp-content/up...nstons-mug.jpg

Hog's Gone Fishin 07-18-2013 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 9819625)

That's why he was really upset. His eardrums got bursted ! ROFL

Halfcan 07-18-2013 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 9819452)

Monkey see... monkey do.

To be honest I am very disapointed with this. They are picking either Home Opener or Faders game- so there won't be one thing Manufactured about it. The fans that started it- X factor I believe- want to get the home field advantage back. All through the 90's Arrowhead was the "LOUDEST STADIUM IN THE NFL." It wasn't just one game it was a decade and even into the DV years.

It is a shame my kids and this generation don't realize what it was like to be a part of that.

And a handful of Eeyore- Alex Smith- haters on here don't represent the Chiefs fans at all. It started on Sunday- I think I was one of few hundred people to join- now it is 4,000 strong. It just made the paper and other media chanels.

I thought Save our Chiefs was about restoring our team back to respectability- and it worked. It was a Negative campaign to fight a Negative system. Now you have a chance to do something Positive for the team and the community-including charities. It is bringing much needed positive attention to the Chiefs.

I hope you reconsider your stance on this.

Halfcan 07-18-2013 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhader (Post 9819490)
Bandwagoning has nothing to do with this. That word has become so bastardized... A bandwagon fan jumps on board ANY team that is successful at the moment. Just because someone expects to see results before they go and get overly excited does not make them a bandwagon fan.

No, no it doesn't. Just because it did at one time does not mean that the title is autmatically ours for all of time. We lost it. More to the point, the franchise lost it when they kept trotting crap out onto the field.

Yes we did lose it- and you are absolutely right. But it is time to get it back. Screw the Seahags. Most of them don't even know what it was like when their teams came in here to the Loudest stadium and were beat up on. I was there when DT was setting the sack record against them- yes we ended up losing on a fluke play when he barely missed another sack- but the place was electric and I will Never forget it.

This is more than just some record-it is setting the tone for the whole season. Chiefs are Back!!

If you see the post on facebook- the "REAL FANS' you guys make fun of on here. It is a stark contrast to the "fans" on the planet. They are posting pics of their families, basement bars, telling stories about their favorite games and are excited to bring back Arrowhead. It is far different from the cess pool of negativity on here. Maybe after you see the Chiefs kicking ass this year- the fans bringing back Arrowhead and having fun at the games again- you guys will join us.