ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Sporting KC New York Times | Soccer in the U.S. Heartland: Kansas City Transformed (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274740)

|Zach| 07-23-2013 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 9829843)
Most of that shit is contained to one thread which can be easily ignored. Zach starts as many soccer threads as possible just to piss people off.

Nah I rarely start them outside of the thread. Both of these instances were thread worthy.

If you don't think so than that just seems to be your problem!

|Zach| 07-23-2013 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9829854)
and forces you to read them too

even worse, this might push the 'what is mansion' thread off the board...where the **** is mod when you need one?

In fairness I **** started his face and talked about SKC during the whole process.

DaveNull 07-23-2013 04:47 PM

What's up with all the hate? I had a better time at the one sporting game I caught than any of the home chiefs games last year.

Pitt Gorilla 07-23-2013 04:47 PM

The royals are kill inning them in TV ratings? Good lord.

JoeyChuckles 07-23-2013 04:54 PM

Why does soccer illicit such a strong reaction from non-soccer fans?

Agent V 07-23-2013 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 9829843)
Most of that shit is contained to one thread which can be easily ignored. Zach starts as many soccer threads as possible just to piss people off.

And I suppose he also sits you down at a computer, opens the thread and forces you to read it and angrily respond, too.

Titty Meat 07-23-2013 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveNull (Post 9829878)
What's up with all the hate? I had a better time at the one sporting game I caught than any of the home chiefs games last year.

Reaper16 07-23-2013 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveNull (Post 9829878)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9829935)
That's because u are a ****ing moron

I have to say: the game experience at the Sporting Kansas City game I went to a couple of weeks ago far surpassed that of even playoff football at recent Arrowhead (2010, Ravens).

Bugeater 07-23-2013 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9829854)
and forces you to read them too

even worse, this might push the 'what is mansion' thread off the board...where the **** is mod when you need one?

I read them for the same reason he starts them, because they fill up with hate and it's somewhat entertaining.

'Hamas' Jenkins 07-23-2013 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeyChuckles (Post 9829900)
Why does soccer illicit such a strong reaction from non-soccer fans?

Chuck Klosterman covered it pretty well in an essay he wrote called "George Will v. Nick Hornby."

The jist:

--People have been bludgeoned with the idea that soccer is the next big thing since the 70s.
--Youth soccer in this country is a sport for people who don't like to play sports, as you can run around w/o being singled out for humiliation (save being a goalie) like you are in Little League, basketball, and other sports.
--Our best athletes don't play soccer (somewhat circular, but nevertheless true).
--Soccer fans. Like Apple fans, their obnoxiousness (perceived and real) turns more people against the product than the actual product itself.

Similar example: I'm a huge golf fan, but you don't see me spamming the board whenever Missouri or Kansas natives do anything important on the PGA or other tours, or when a course in the area is about to host a large event. Instead, everything goes into the golf thread. Just like all Cardinal stuff goes in the Cardinal thread.

Every time a turd plops from the ass of a SKC player, there's a thread on here about that, and it gets tiring.

Bugeater 07-23-2013 05:24 PM

I'm going to go check nascar.com and see if there are any stories that are too important to post in the NASCAR thread.

The Bad Guy 07-23-2013 05:35 PM

Soccer is just fantastic live. The best sporting event I've been to has been to and that was just for a friendly between the US and Mexico.

I've become a huge fan over the last 4 years.

|Zach| 07-23-2013 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9829942)
Every time a turd plops from the ass of a SKC player, there's a thread on here about that, and it gets tiring.

Completely untrue.

OnTheWarpath15 07-23-2013 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9829942)
Chuck Klosterman covered it pretty well in an essay he wrote called "George Will v. Nick Hornby."

The jist:

--People have been bludgeoned with the idea that soccer is the next big thing since the 70s.
--Youth soccer in this country is a sport for people who don't like to play sports, as you can run around w/o being singled out for humiliation (save being a goalie) like you are in Little League, basketball, and other sports.
--Our best athletes don't play soccer (somewhat circular, but nevertheless true).
--Soccer fans. Like Apple fans, their obnoxiousness (perceived and real) turns more people against the product than the actual product itself.

Similar example: I'm a huge golf fan, but you don't see me spamming the board whenever Missouri or Kansas natives do anything important on the PGA or other tours, or when a course in the area is about to host a large event. Instead, everything goes into the golf thread. Just like all Cardinal stuff goes in the Cardinal thread.

Klosterman is spot on, and you can add these to the list:

--Non-soccer fans see a 1-0 game as boring, not exciting.

--The flopping is ****ing ridiculous, and the fact that nothing is done about it is even more ridiculous.

--Games ending in ties or on PK's? Make those ****ers play until a goal is scored - maybe they'll actually make more of an effort to score instead of sitting on the ball playing for a tie.

--Injury time isn't shown to everyone watching. Shady.

--America is apparently the only country in the world where the fans don't go 50 shades of batshit and make world news. Riots, fires, beheadings. Can't imagine why the game has an image problem to those in the states.

I'm not a soccer fan in the slightest, but good for Sporting and good for KC. The town needs a ****ing winner to root for, and it seems as if ownership does everything first class.

Frazod 07-23-2013 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9829832)
You'd hate Springfield. This town bleeds red.

He'd also hate it because it's not crawling with queers and liberals. Probably aren't a lot of frontrunner Heat/Yankee fan douchebags, either.