ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Packers lose LT Bulaga to ACL (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=275078)

Dayze 08-05-2013 12:23 PM

trade him for a 2nd; then have an incentive that he'll roll up onto Rodgers knee; trade Smiff for a 2nd.

winning

RealSNR 08-05-2013 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9859895)
I was thinking more along the lines of some long-in-the-tooth guy sitting out there on the waver wire who comes in and resurrects himself for a couple years in yet another one of those heart-warming stories that seems to happen everywhere but here.

Damien McIntosh is still available, I hear

RealSNR 08-05-2013 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 9859906)
Yeah and the only other viable tackles are Derek Sherrod (is he injured yet?) and rookie David Bakhtiari.

Most likely they will move Newhouse back to LT then hope and pray that Sherrod stays healthy while Bakhtiari gets up to speed.

The more I think about it.. it'd be tough for them to sign Albert to a long term deal. In 2014 they'd have 3 first round Tackles on the roster...

Sherrod is still on PUP from last year's injury. He hasn't been cleared to practice at training camp yet.

DaneMcCloud 08-05-2013 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9859880)
Or it could be because we drafted a guy who never really faced top talent in college and only elevated his status based on combine workouts.

Potential over production...

I seriously doubt it

Rausch 08-05-2013 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9859969)
I seriously doubt it

I don't...

DaneMcCloud 08-05-2013 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9859971)
I don't...

Oh, come on. Fisher was the consensus top pick in the draft. This is nothing like a Tyson Jackson move, where they pulled a rabbit out of their asses.

Rausch 08-05-2013 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9859972)
Oh, come on. Fisher was the consensus top pick in the draft.

No, Joekel was a 4 year starter vs. legit competition.

Fisher was a workout warrior with less starting experience in an inferior conference.

The Rick 08-05-2013 12:44 PM

No use in even dreaming about any of this. The Packers aren't going to make a panic trade. It's not what they do. They'll plug someone else in and probably pick up someone off the street for depth.

AustinChief 08-05-2013 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Rick (Post 9859983)
No use in even dreaming about any of this. The Packers aren't going to make a panic trade. It's not what they do. They'll plug someone else in and probably pick up someone off the street for depth.

True. Newhouse was the starter at LT all of last year and most of the year before so they should be comfortable with him there this year.

jspchief 08-05-2013 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9859769)
How is the Stephenson homerism ridiculous?

Alberts combine analysis:

STRENGTHS Positives: Rare size and athleticism for the guard position. ... Good initial quickness. ... Can get to and block effectively at the second level. ... Flashes violence in his initial hand punch. ... Good recoil and settle in pass protection. ... Massive player who can absorb the bull rush and anchor effectively. ... When he plays with leverage can be a very effective drive blocker. ... Ascending prospect who flashed foot quickness and balance in two starts at left tackle in 2007.

Negatives: A bit top-heavy. ... Can struggle against lesser players when he tires and plays with too high of a pad level. ... Good quickness to generate initial block, but too often doesn't sustain long enough. ... Flashes nastiness, but needs to play with more consistency. ... Marginal lateral quickness to pull.

Stephenson's combine analysis:

STRENGTHS Stephenson is very quick out of his stance, and this is his one shining quality. Has good footwork and is a lateral mover who can get beat by strength but recovers well to not allow sacks. Good when puling and working in the open field; has more value as a mover and second-level blocker. He can be nasty when finishing plays and is reliable to not allow sacks.

WEAKNESSES Stephenson is not very strong despite his size. Always in a stalemate and forces himself to use footwork. Quick off the line, but not explosive. Can get blown back by more explosive players in pass blocking

homerism liking the younger player with more potential and is cheaper on the salary cap? That also has the ability to be an NFL starter today? If that's homerism by all means.

The guy hasn't done shit in the NFL and you are ready to trade away a proven LT in favor of him.

To save cap money and get a ****ing 2nd round pick. Ridiculous.

AustinChief 08-05-2013 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 9859996)
The guy hasn't done shit in the NFL and you are ready to trade away a proven LT in favor of him.

To save cap money and get a ****ing 2nd round pick. Ridiculous.

It's not ridiculous at all. It is highly unlikely that we will resign Albert. Why waste a year ****ing around and maybe getting a 3rd when you could get a 2nd?

Saul Good 08-05-2013 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9859972)
Oh, come on. Fisher was the consensus top pick in the draft. This is nothing like a Tyson Jackson move, where they pulled a rabbit out of their asses.

There wasn't a consensus number one pick.

DaneMcCloud 08-05-2013 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9859976)
No, Joekel was a 4 year starter vs. legit competition.

Fisher was a workout warrior with less starting experience in an inferior conference.

Whatever, Dude.

jspchief 08-05-2013 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 9860002)
It's not ridiculous at all. It is highly unlikely that we will resign Albert. Why waste a year ****ing around and maybe getting a 3rd when you could get a 2nd?

So is stephenson the LT or RT?

We should be inking Albert unless his back injuries are legit.

AustinChief 08-05-2013 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 9860009)
So is stephenson the LT or RT?

We should be inking Albert unless his back injuries are legit.

Pretty sure if we were going to sign Albert we would have by now. From everything I have heard, Albert isn;t being anything close to reasonable. If that's the case then **** him and move on.

Stephenson would be RT and Fisher would start learning how to be an NFL LT this year instead of starting over next year.

The ONLY reason to keep Albert is if you think you can resign him or you think we can win it all this year. I don't think either is a remote possibility at this point.