ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Computers Deleted Facebook Account (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=275737)

mr. tegu 08-30-2013 05:07 PM

I have never had one which is strange considering I'm not exactly old. My wife has one though so the only thing I would use it for at this time is for our poker group. So whenever there is an event it shows up for her.

The funny thing is how often employers use that on employees or potential employees. Before I got my job they said they searched for me before hiring me. I never really made the connection that I could have one anyways and they wouldn't have seen it.

Bugeater 08-30-2013 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuckdaddy (Post 9927089)
Facebook is a joke. If you care about family then you will keep in touch. Friends the same. I hate facebook. As if a person can really care about or even know their 300000000000 facebook friends.

You're such a little bitch I doubt anyone wants to interact with you in any way anyhow.

007 08-30-2013 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 9927204)
I have never had one which is strange considering I'm not exactly old. My wife has one though so the only thing I would use it for at this time is for our poker group. So whenever there is an event it shows up for her.

The funny thing is how often employers use that on employees or potential employees. Before I got my job they said they searched for me before hiring me. I never really made the connection that I could have one anyways and they wouldn't have seen it.

yeah, I have never been big on having coworkers on my facebook profile. I have one right now, but I knew him before I was employed at my job and he is a CPer.

I have my profile pretty locked down though. You can't really find me at all if you don't know me. Not saying it is impossible but the average user won't know how to do it.

Bugeater 08-30-2013 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9927219)
You can't really find me at all if you don't know me.

So what you're saying is, if I saw you and didn't know who you were, I wouldn't know that it was you?

Phobia 08-30-2013 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 9927144)
Yeah I literally took my list down from 350 to 100 yesterday. I used the question, "would I invite this person to my home?" as the qualifier. If the answer was no they didn't make the cut. 250 poor souls are friendless today because of my actions.

Crap. I'm dumped, huh?

InChiefsHeaven 08-30-2013 05:46 PM

Still need to cull the FB friends list...there are a ton I could not give one half a shit about...

Bearcat 08-30-2013 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 9927177)
You care too much. I have like 900 facebook friends, 700 of which are barely acquaintances and many from college that I met like 1 or 2 times. I don't have enough desire to go through the entire list and pick and choose who is worthy of my virtual friendship, who gives a shit

Seems kind of pointless if you want to see updates from specific people, but to each their own. I got into adding a bunch of people at one point, just to realize how many people just aren't that interesting on there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuckdaddy (Post 9927089)
Facebook is a joke. If you care about family then you will keep in touch. Friends the same. I hate facebook. As if a person can really care about or even know their 300000000000 facebook friends.

Maybe... there are certainly many ways to keep up with people, but being fairly anti social and working 50-60 hours/week, it's nice to have one place to kind of catch up with what's going on with people without texting them all, and also update several people without telling the same story 50 times.

Chief Roundup 08-30-2013 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 9927204)

I have seen that debated. I don't know which way is true. I have heard that others can't see your stuff if you have your settings done correctly.
I have also heard you can't stop them from seeing your page and or finding you. I can tell you I have mine set up to friends only can see my stuff and I have had employers and others that have found out things on facebook and been told it is because you agree to the terms of facebook.

SAUTO 08-30-2013 06:29 PM

I deleted my Facebook before ever even starting it...
Posted via Mobile Device

DaFace 08-30-2013 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9927342)
I have seen that debated. I don't know which way is true. I have heard that others can't see your stuff if you have your settings done correctly.
I have also heard you can't stop them from seeing your page and or finding you. I can tell you I have mine set up to friends only can see my stuff and I have had employers and others that have found out things on facebook and been told it is because you agree to the terms of facebook.

You can absolutely keep people from seeing your page or finding you. And you can turn off search engine indexing so that no one can find you on Google too.

Chief Roundup 08-30-2013 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9927358)
You can absolutely keep people from seeing your page or finding you. And you can turn off search engine indexing so that no one can find you on Google too.

Damn cool. Thanks for the google search indexing info I just changed that as well.

DaFace 08-30-2013 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9927362)
Damn cool. Thanks for the google search indexing info I just changed that as well.

Cool - that's the big one. If you do that, everyone will just get a "page not found" error even if they have the exact address to your profile.

I suppose I'll mention that I don't THINK you can hide your profile pic and header for people who are logged into Facebook (though they'd have to know your page address to get there if you've got the searching stuff turned off). I believe the rest of your profile stuff has to be hidden on a case by case basis.

Liberal use of the little "View as..." gizmo in the upper-right of your profile under the gear icon is your friend in making sure you get it locked down sufficiently for your liking.

BigRedChief 08-30-2013 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 9927144)
Yeah I literally took my list down from 350 to 100 yesterday. I used the question, "would I invite this person to my home?" as the qualifier. If the answer was no they didn't make the cut. 250 poor souls are friendless today because of my actions.

I don't even think we are friends on Facebook or I'd be pissed.:p

BigRedChief 08-30-2013 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9926941)
Sounds to me like he got hacked.

Well played sir, Well played!

Pasta Little Brioni 08-30-2013 06:52 PM

Don't have one to delete or I would