ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs at Jags prediction/discussion thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=275786)

quittripping 09-01-2013 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 9931961)
If we don't win this game, just cancel the rest of the ****ing season, 'cause it's over.

Blow out, i.e. Alex Smith Whine Party ROFLROFLROFL

mlyonsd 09-01-2013 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9932362)
Wow. I had no idea that they'd moved Joeckel to right tackle.

For real? Glad we didn't take him.

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-01-2013 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannibal (Post 9932358)
I'm concerned that our run blocking is going to suck balls.

Uh, no. For the investments this franchise had made on the goddamned, ****ing offensive line since 2008; I am NOT hearing this shit.

Running game or Axl-swallowers; you do NOT get the line as a valid excuse. Sorry.

Quote:

Originally Posted by quittripping (Post 9932367)
Blow out, i.e. Alex Smith Whine Party ROFLROFLROFL

Yes, Dane; I am CLEARLY the "worst poster" on this site!

:facepalm:

Cannibal 09-01-2013 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 9932378)
Uh, no. For the investments this franchise had made on the goddamned, ****ing offensive line since 2008; I am NOT hearing this shit.

Running game or Axl-swallowers; you do NOT get the line as a valid excuse. Sorry.

Yes, Dane; I am CLEARLY the "worst poster" on this site!

:facepalm:

The line failed at run blocking during preseason. We all saw it. I just hope it doesn't carry over to the regular season.

Chiefaholic 09-01-2013 08:33 PM

I don't see this defense giving up many big plays and finishing at least +2 in the turnover ratio. I expect to see a lot of man to man defense and plenty of pressure in the backfield in third and long situations.

On special teams, I see the offense playing on a short field the majority of the game while being a top five in the league in return yards. Ryan Succop will hit at least 3 field goals this week as players adjust the new offense.

On offense I see the running game tearing it up averaging 5+ yards per carry, while Avery leads the team in receptions. I look for Alex to keep it simple and rely on short passes to limit turnovers and let the running game and defense win it for us.

Final score Chiefs-27 Jags-10

Mav 09-01-2013 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefaholic (Post 9932364)
Clay discovers he's really a woman. This discovery explains frequent mood swings and your frequent cravings for the chocolate penis.

no, he made a mistake. He made a pathetic bet that is meaning he has to Hope that the Chiefs lose games.

8 wins and he gets a one year hiatus.

PATHETIC that a Chiefs fan would make a bet against their own team.

Rain Man 09-01-2013 08:34 PM

If we look at their offense versus our defense, we see:

HB - Jones-Drew - always hard to stop, but our D-line is big and our LBs are good run-stoppers.
FB - Will Ta'ufo'ou - I kn'ow no'th'ing abou't th'is g'uy.
QB - Gabbert - Good Week 1 guy to help our secondary get their legs under them.
WRs - Cecil Shorts and Ace Sanders (Blackmon suspended for associating with Von Miller.) Will Sean Smith destroy these hobbits on the line, or will one of them run wild?
TE - Marcedes Lewis. We'll see if Berry has learned to cover, I guess.
OL (left to right) - Monroe, Rackley, Meester, Nwaneri, Joeckel. Jackson vs. Joeckel will be interesting, and their interior doesn't seems well-suited to stop our Poe-rade.

We should do fine against the pass because, you know, Gabbert. Against the run, we'll see how well Poe holds against their non-scary interior, because Jones-Drew's not really an outside guy.

I like our odds on defense.

Comparing our offense against their defense, we see:

DL (left to right) - Alualu, Roy Miller, Sen'Derrick Marks, Jason Babin. No idea who Miller is, and I figure Albert can stop Babin on the pass rush. It's nice to have a 4-3 that doesn't line up on Hudson in Week 1. I think we can run left pretty well on these guys.

LBs (L to R) - Geno Hayes, Posluszny, Russell Allen. They seem reasonably strong here. We'll see if they can keep up with Jamaal Charles heading to the sidelines.

CBs and Ss - Dwayne Gratz, Alan Ball, Johnathan Cyprien, Dwight Lowery. Someone will have to educate me on the CBs. How will they stand up against Bowe and Avery?

It seems like the main question here will be their LBs against our short passes, and whether we pound the ball. I'm not sure we have much advantage here given our style, but I suspect we only need to score three points to win.

BigMeatballDave 09-01-2013 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gochiefs(exceptQB) (Post 9932327)
20-16 Jags or some other form of hell.

We will actually outgain the Jags but bog down in the red zone due to Alex's ineptness.

Do you ever get tired of being an attention whore?

Mav 09-01-2013 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannibal (Post 9932382)
The line failed at run blocking during preseason. We all saw it. I just hope it doesn't carry over to the regular season.

They failed? They showed absolutely nothing. No motions, nothing. They didn't even really try to run the ball. They threw 70 percent of the time.

CoMoChief 09-01-2013 08:37 PM

Jags are awful.

Defense unleashes hell on Gabbert and he turns the ball over 4-5 times.

Special Teams put us in great positions for both sides of the ball.

I say we score 30 pts against this team. They are awful, and so are their fans.

**** the god damn Jaguars. And **** all of the college and NFL teams in the state of Florida.

It's the god damn reg season and I'm ready for this offense to kick it up a gear or two. Eric Fisher better stay healthy and god i hope he doesn't turn into some soft pussy.

Cannibal 09-01-2013 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 9932385)
no, he made a mistake. He made a pathetic bet that is meaning he has to Hope that the Chiefs lose games.

8 wins and he gets a one year hiatus.

PATHETIC that a Chiefs fan would make a bet against their own team.

In my opinion, it highly likely he's getting a year vacation.

Chiefshrink 09-01-2013 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 9932338)
Cecil Shorts is no joke though. He has to be accounted for.

MJD is the starting RB but you can damn guarantee we will see Todman because he is no joke either:hmmm:

Titty Baby 09-01-2013 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannibal (Post 9931999)
I'll be attending Maiden/Megadeth at the Sprint Center the night before.

I'm going to miss the game. I'll have to DVR it and watch it Sunday evening when get back.

It takes a long time to drive back from 1987, apparently.

Mav 09-01-2013 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannibal (Post 9932394)
In my opinion, it highly likely he's getting a year vacation.

He knows it too.....

BradBigglestein 09-01-2013 08:47 PM

This may not correlate to the Chiefs, but Andy Reid's teams with the Eagles typically started off slow and played much better in the second half of the season. Some blamed it on his grueling training camps. Thinking players were worn out, and then got a second wind in the second half of the season. It's only theoretical.

There was a while where Reid's Eagles teams were very poor on opening days, but he sort of turned that around winning 4 of his last 5 opening days.

Again, new city, new team, new regime. It doesn't necessarily translate, but the information can't hurt in case anyone was curious. I'll be watching and hopefully they show quite a bit on NFL Red Zone. I'm really excited to follow the Chiefs and see what they do this year under Reid.

Good luck