ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Ten Things About Last Night's Game (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=276494)

Molitoth 09-20-2013 12:46 PM

I hope the Chiefs players are not as satisfied as some of the Chiefs fans. A couple of wins is great and all, but if you want to compete in the playoffs you have to find your faults and improve upon them.

This offense is regressing, and THAT is why people are negative. Most other teams would have taken all of those turnovers and whipped the Eagles 42 - 10.

petegz28 09-20-2013 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 10002186)
I hope the Chiefs players are not as satisfied as some of the Chiefs fans. A couple of wins is great and all, but if you want to compete in the playoffs you have to find your faults and improve upon them.

This offense is regressing, and THAT is why people are negative.

Regressing? We were without our starting TE's, we were on the road in a short week with a new offense and we won. 0 turnovers, ran 8:20 off the clock at the end of the game and walked away with a win.

It what way has this offense regressed? I ask because I can't remember the last time we did any of that.

Molitoth 09-20-2013 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 10002190)
Regressing? We were without our starting TE's, we were on the road in a short week with a new offense and we won. 0 turnovers, ran 8:20 off the clock at the end of the game and walked away with a win.

It what way has this offense regressed? I ask because I can't remember the last time we did any of that.

Ahh, so last night was the product of improvement since game 1 and 2.
I got it.

Marcellus 09-20-2013 12:56 PM

Spot on. Good read George. I cracked up a few times.

BoneKrusher 09-20-2013 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 10001579)
Love reading these. Thanks, George!

what he said.

petegz28 09-20-2013 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 10002200)
Ahh, so last night was the product of improvement since game 1 and 2.
I got it.

We scored a TD in the 4th quarter for the first time in 10 or 11 game so....yeah?

Otter 09-20-2013 01:02 PM

Good write up G!

Apparently a pretty big brawl broke out during the game between Chiefs vs. Eagles fans. Can't get the video to work but it's there.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...s__Eagles.html

Yeah, that stadium and fans can GFY.

Halfcan 09-20-2013 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DenverChief (Post 10002169)
How dare you say Duck Dynasty TE can't catch! He had clutch catches in the 4th!

Duck is in the Can't block anyone category. On one play he had to see the Eagle standing in front of him ready to blitz, but let him pass and tried blocking someone else. He didn't run a route either-so not sure wtf he was doing. The announcer said he will be back on the strett this week-lol ROFL

At least we have some time to get it worked out and bring in some new talent.

Halfcan 09-20-2013 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Otter (Post 10002228)
Good write up G!

Apparently a pretty big brawl broke out during the game between Chiefs vs. Eagles fans. Can't get the video to work but it's there.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...s__Eagles.html

Yeah, that stadium and fans can GFY.

Chiefs had the last laugh- they owned that stadium and were doing the chant during the ESPN wrap up. The only one that picked the Chiefs to win was marshal faulk. F the rest of those bums.

Lonewolf Ed 09-20-2013 01:06 PM

All this wailing about how the team needs this and that aside, the big difference for me this season is that seeing the team with 3 wins now has been FUN, while last year, over the last 5 or 6 games in particular, we dreaded another win which might screw the team out of the top draft pick and cleaning house.

Yes, they are 3 and 0 and it is great! Are they bound for a 12 win season? Probably not. Will they finish 4-12? Almost certainly not. But, dammit all, game days are going to be fun this season and that is something that has been lacking for a long, long time.

splatbass 09-20-2013 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 10002246)
All this wailing about how the team needs this and that aside, the big difference for me this season is that seeing the team with 3 wins now has been FUN, while last year, over the last 5 or 6 games in particular, we dreaded another win which might screw the team out of the top draft pick and cleaning house.

Yes, they are 3 and 0 and it is great! Are they bound for a 12 win season? Probably not. Will they finish 4-12? Almost certainly not. But, dammit all, game days are going to be fun this season and that is something that has been lacking for a long, long time.

Exactly.

cdcox 09-20-2013 01:13 PM

Regarding 5. Houston is a more rounded LB than DT ever dreamed of being. I don't know if Houson will ever match DT's sack numbers, but overall Houston is a more complete football player.

Hoover 09-20-2013 01:17 PM

One point about Poe that needs to be made. Sure, he didn't have a sack or or any backfield tackles last night, but he was the reason why the Eagles center was a effin mess. There are so many things that never show up in a box score, and last nights game was that way with Poe.

BigCatDaddy 09-20-2013 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 10002246)

See signature :D

Fritz88 09-20-2013 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 10001650)
Not to play debbie downer in your thread, since there's already one for that... but, out of that group of people, even though some may actually never be happy and do just want to complain, there's also a group who have seen this several times and know how it's always ended.... and to those people, it's not all about going 3-0 (which is nice), it's about making noise in the playoffs, or at least knowing they can make noise in the next year or two with who they have now.

After watching so many games over 20+ years, regular season wins are nice... they're like going to Worlds of Fun and enjoying the view on a nice day from the ferris wheel or riding the Viking Voyager. But, I've been on the Viking Voyager 800 times. I'll still go on it, but riding the Mamba without throwing up at the end would be really fun.

I see where you are coming from. I also see why the buzz over this squad and coaching stuff is justified. This team isn't the 2010 team.
Posted via Mobile Device