ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   News Reputations of States - Some fun maps (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=276625)

NWTF 09-25-2013 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief_For_Life58 (Post 10016226)
does kansas seriously have the worst scenery?

Probably. We used to travel cross country over summer vacation when I was a kid. Kansas is definitely one of the worst. Even the deserts of Nevada, Utah, Arizona, New Mexico are way more intriguing and have much better scenery then Kansas. Flat, no mountains, no nothing Kansas was always one of the worst drives on those trips. Wed take different routes every year but every 3rd year or so you were repeating a previous route and the drive across Kansas always sucked.

DaneMcCloud 09-25-2013 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69 (Post 10018314)
Colorado and Texas are in the middle while California is towards the bottom.

Yeah, all those people in Silicon Valley are dumb.

DaneMcCloud 09-25-2013 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 10016265)
Any poll that has people voting that NY has hotter residents than Texas is immediately invalidated. NYers are troglodytes in comparison. NYers are freaking troglodytes compared to MISSOURI for ****s sake.

New York state in general or Manhattan?

If you think Manhattan women are ugly, you're doing it wrong.

:D

Hog's Gone Fishin 09-25-2013 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 10016413)
Yes, I need to fly up there some day.

Come down and pick me up , I'll bring the ammo and weapons and we'll go kill some stuff.

Frazod 09-25-2013 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 10019095)
LMAO Illinois is so ****ing bland it barely registers on any of those.

Gotta look hard for scenery, very socially conservative outside Chicago-land... BORE.RING.

I was a total idiot for not staying in Tennessee.

Yeah, it sucks pretty hard. There are a handful of nice areas (particularly the area around Galena in the northwestern part of the state) but they are few and far between. Around here, the Fox River valley is about as good as it gets. Some people get off on Lake Michigan, but I don't really give a crap. I guess seeing it out the window at work for 20 years will do that for you.

I've made that ****ing drive down I-55 between Chicago and St. Louis a thousand times. It sucks, sucks, sucks.

Frazod 09-25-2013 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canofbier (Post 10016238)
You think Kansas has good scenery? Having to drive through it to get to Colorado is worse than syphillis.

THIS!!!!!!!!!

Nightfyre 09-25-2013 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 10017774)

Also, Nevada is pretty dark in the "Worst Scenery" poll. last April, we drove straight north from Las Vegas to Twin Falls, ID and I was very surprised at the scenery. I was expecting flat desert and it wasn't like that at all (only around Vegas). The northeast is pretty mountainous.

Have you driven the salt flats?

Frazod 09-25-2013 07:25 PM

I made the drive from St. Louis to L.A. once. Kansas and eastern Colorado were horrific, but after that, it was great. Although much of that was just seeing it for the first time. I think the desert areas in Utah, Nevada and California would get old really damn quick if you had to see them every day.

Simply Red 09-25-2013 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 10016202)
People think alaska has the worst food? Pretty stupid.

what's it like there? The food?

Simply Red 09-25-2013 07:27 PM

Tennessee is quietly a mysterious state.

rockymtnchief 09-25-2013 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 10017863)
You lived in Joes? It must have devastated the local economy when you moved, given that you were a significant portion of the total population.

I sure did. I even witnessed water running in the Arickaree River on two different occasions. (It was dry 99% of the time)

IIRC, I made the population 36 when I moved there.

splatbass 09-25-2013 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ace Gunner (Post 10017880)
I could live on alaskan king crab. actually, I lived in alaska for a year and the food was not great. Hawaii has the best food imo.

Mmmmm, poke.

http://excellent-eats.com/files/2013/03/poke.jpg

splatbass 09-25-2013 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NWTF (Post 10019433)
Probably. We used to travel cross country over summer vacation when I was a kid. Kansas is definitely one of the worst. Even the deserts of Nevada, Utah, Arizona, New Mexico are way more intriguing and have much better scenery then Kansas. Flat, no mountains, no nothing Kansas was always one of the worst drives on those trips. Wed take different routes every year but every 3rd year or so you were repeating a previous route and the drive across Kansas always sucked.

Yeah, but if you keep your eyes peeled you might see the tree. ;)

Frosty 09-25-2013 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 10019625)
Have you driven the salt flats?

I was through there when I was a kid but I've never driven them myself.

On the trip that I mentioned, we drove down through Utah. The north part of that trip (through SLC) sucked hard. It's basically three hours of billboards and terrible drivers.

Once you are out of that metro area, the scenery is amazing but the drivers still suck.