ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Books COMIC BOOK PEOPLE (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=277123)

ThaVirus 10-14-2013 10:05 PM

The **** is going on there?

ThaVirus 10-14-2013 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 10087298)
One misstep and spidey loses his arm. Fight over.

We've already established that Spidey would give Wolverine the business.

Someone like Captain America or Batman would be more Wolverine's speed.

Direckshun 10-14-2013 11:46 PM

Superman vs. Thor.

Go.

Rausch 10-15-2013 03:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 10087756)
Superman vs. Thor.

Go.

Superman, and I hate superman.

Thor can't beat the Hulk and we've already witnessed Hulk vs Supes.

Really the only marvel character that could possibly compete with supes would be Gladiator or the Sentry (extremely lame character.)

Sentry
http://th02.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/...uk-d5jbghw.jpg

Gladiator
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__.../fa/19753L.jpg

Jamie 10-15-2013 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10087900)
Superman, and I hate superman.

Thor can't beat the Hulk and we've already witnessed Hulk vs Supes.

You have to remember, Superman is vulnerable to magic, including enchanted weapons.

http://i.imgur.com/RlB4Cic.jpg

Rausch 10-15-2013 03:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamie (Post 10087910)
You have to remember, Superman is vulnerable to magic, including enchanted weapons.

http://i.imgur.com/RlB4Cic.jpg

Good call. Forgot about that...:hmmm:

Even Dr. Strange (coolest Marvel character they've failed to use) might put up a fight...

Rausch 10-15-2013 05:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamie (Post 10087533)
Image: Not Safe for Work
NSFW Image

Is that new?

I haven't been actively collecting for about 10 years (or about 6 years ago when they shut down massive torrent sites based in Malaysia.)

Swanman 10-15-2013 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10087912)
Good call. Forgot about that...:hmmm:

Even Dr. Strange (coolest Marvel character they've failed to use) might put up a fight...

Adam Warlock would put up a better fight. You also have lesser characters like Quasar.

Swanman 10-15-2013 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 10074837)
Im trying to get my hands on it now.

Gonna be the first comics Ive read in years.

The Thanos initiative is the last story I really got into.

In other news. Guardians of the galaxy is shaping up to be an awesome movie.

Del Toro is actually going to be the collector, who is one of the guys who Thanos took one of the Infinity Gems from.

........Awsome.

They are being insanely ambitious with the plotline so I am curious how it will turn out. The overarching goal of the movie will probably be to introduce Thanos as the villain for Avengers 3. You have Ronan the Accuser and Nebula as the two main villains, which could be very good. You also have The Collector's role. And you have the Nova Corps involved as well, which is a world in and of itself.

Oh yeah, and Rocket ****ing Raccoon.

Aries Walker 10-15-2013 09:40 AM

Yeah, Thor would annihilate Superman because of that vulnerability to magic - unless, of course, the plotline and popularity required Superman to win, which it did in the Marvel-DC crossover from years back. Thor, however, did literally blow a hammer-shaped hole in the chest of Hyperion, Superman's Marvel equivalent. So, there's that.

Thor is also a better character, but that might be me being a liiiiiiiitle subjective.

Rausch 10-15-2013 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 10088409)
Yeah, Thor would annihilate Superman because of that vulnerability to magic - unless, of course, the plotline and popularity required Superman to win, which it did in the Marvel-DC crossover from years back. Thor, however, did literally blow a hammer-shaped hole in the chest of Hyperion, Superman's Marvel equivalent. So, there's that.

Thor is also a better character, but that might be me being a liiiiiiiitle subjective.

Always depends on the writer.

At one point (inner homer here) the Hulk's ability to grow stronger/adapt due to anger overcame the rigors of space and and ruined the best Marvel had to offer before he asked to be stopped.

It's why the character of the Hulk is more relatable.

No one wants to be Superman. No one wants all that power and all that responsibility. No one wants the burden of all that morality all the time.

The Hulk is Banner's "excuse." He get's to hide behind that and pretend it's never really "him" or what "he wants."

The Hulk is just what Superman would do if he ever let himself go...

Direckshun 10-15-2013 10:40 AM

I always thought Sentry was a cool character.

Figured that'd be far more realistic to a dude with off-the-charts physical powers. I'm guessing a guy like that is far less likely to be a well-adjusted boy scout like Superman, and more of a psychopath who's terrified of himself like Sentry.

Don't know anything about Gladiator, though.

Rausch 10-15-2013 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 10088596)
I always thought Sentry was a cool character.

Figured that'd be far more realistic to a dude with off-the-charts physical powers. I'm guessing a guy like that is far less likely to be a well-adjusted boy scout like Superman, and more of a psychopath who's terrified of himself like Sentry.

You have a point there...

beach tribe 10-15-2013 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanman (Post 10088377)
They are being insanely ambitious with the plotline so I am curious how it will turn out. The overarching goal of the movie will probably be to introduce Thanos as the villain for Avengers 3. You have Ronan the Accuser and Nebula as the two main villains, which could be very good. You also have The Collector's role. And you have the Nova Corps involved as well, which is a world in and of itself.

Oh yeah, and Rocket ****ing Raccoon.

All roads lead to Thanos.
Nebula, Drax, Gamora, the Collector.
I really dont know how you can introduce this side of the galaxy without being ambitious.

Looking at all these names and thinking about Galactus and the Surfur just burns me up.
How big of a ****up was it to sell those rights with the FFour?

Just a name to think about considering the IG plotline:
Warlock?
Never really liked him much, but Marvel sucked his dick for decades. Closest character to Thanos, and biggest protagonist of that era in Galactic affairs.
Strange that not a word of him has been mentioned. He is tied to every character in the Guardians universe, and may have been the biggest character in it, other than Thanos himself.

Swanman 10-15-2013 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 10088648)
All roads lead to Thanos.
Nebula, Drax, Gamora, the Collector.
I really dont know how you can introduce this side of the galaxy without being ambitious.

Looking at all these names and thinking about Galactus and the Surfur just burns me up.
How big of a ****up was it to sell those rights with the FFour?

Just a name to think about considering the IG plotline:
Warlock?
Never really liked him much, but Marvel sucked his dick for decades. Closest character to Thanos, and biggest protagonist of that era in Galactic affairs.
Strange that not a word of him has been mentioned. He is tied to every character in the Guardians universe, and may have been the biggest character in it, other than Thanos himself.

Assuming The Inhumans gets made before Avengers 3, you have a ton of options. It can be a full out battle royale in that movie if you include the core Avengers with pieces from the Guardians, Nova Corps and Inhumans (Black Bolt). Obviously you have Thanos as the villain but you also have villains like Annihilus and the Phalanx as well to draw from. It sucks that Galactus can't be involved yet but maybe Marvel will work some magic.