ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Rap Sheet: Talks With Alex Smith Not Progressing Well (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=283410)

tk13 05-05-2014 11:52 AM

Since this is the Chiefs, watch us not sign him, then he goes out and plays like the playoff game all next season.

I think they'll get something done, but I don't think people give Dorsey and Reid enough credit. Neither one of them are Pioli. They both are from organizations that would let guys walk. I don't believe they'll treat him like Pioli did Cassel.

R8RFAN 05-05-2014 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brainiac (Post 10603148)
I've always like Alex Smith, and I completely agree with this. If a QB is going to Flacco us, he needs to win a Super Bowl first.

Jesus could not bring a SB to KC as the QB ROFL

ViperVisor 05-05-2014 11:54 AM

They don't want a contract before the draft.

They want teams to think they could go QB in the 1st.

That means if you want 1 of the QBs you trade ahead of KC. Ipso Facto another player that is not a QB falls into the pool of what is available.

keg in kc 05-05-2014 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ViperVisor (Post 10603162)
They don't want a contract before the draft.

They want teams to think they could go QB in the 1st.

That means if you want 1 of the QBs you trade ahead of KC. Ipso Facto another player that is not a QB falls into the pool of what is available.

Possible.

However, playing it that way may limit KC's own ability to move, which I would assume is something they're considering. Teams jumping over them are teams not trading with them.

loochy 05-05-2014 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3rd&48ers (Post 10603158)

That's because He's closer to a FB than a QB. He got kicked from the Broncos and Jets too.

Just Passin' By 05-05-2014 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3rd&48ers (Post 10603158)

Jesus has a hard time gripping the football, what with the hand injuries and all.

The Franchise 05-05-2014 11:56 AM

Joe Germano ‏@JoeGerm16 18m

@TerezPaylor - it feels like the chiefs leaked this intentionally so a QB needy team will move up and the chiefs can collect extra picks

Marcellus 05-05-2014 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 10603171)
Jesus has a hard time gripping the football, what with the hand injuries and all.

Heh.

Lzen 05-05-2014 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 10603059)
THE MOTHER****ER CLAPS FOR THE DAMN BALL

WHAT IN THE GODDAMN ****

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/MFtuTb9OYZI" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

Not impressed.

Mr_Tomahawk 05-05-2014 11:59 AM

Move back and pick up Justin Lawrence...

Mr. Laz 05-05-2014 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 10603130)
I dont think Alex is THAT guy...I think he knows what he's worth. He isn't going to ask to be the highest paid QB in the league.

He has a year left on his current deal, and then we can franchise him the following season. He knows that, and knows he came off one of his better seasons and that if the doesnt take the money now, he risks injury or a drop in his performance which would be reflected in any other contract offered down the road by us, or any other team.

Alex Smith does not have the leverage in this scenario.

We aren't drafting a QB in the first. Guranteed.

you don't know whether Smith is asking big or not

He absolutely has leverage, we gave the 34 pick of the draft and another 2nd for him.

The.34th.pick....

two 2nd rounders for a guy on the bench .....

we got robbed on that trade so to not have the contract situation work out now would be disastrous. The Chiefs have to sign him or trade him for similar value or they look like shit. Alex Smith's agent knows this.

Predarat 05-05-2014 12:06 PM

Stop cock blocking, @TerezPaylor!

Mr_Tomahawk 05-05-2014 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 10603194)
you don't know whether Smith is asking big or not

He absolutely has leverage, we gave the 34 pick of the draft and another 2nd for him.

The.34th.pick....

two 2nd rounders for a guy on the bench .....

we got robbed on that trade so to not have the contract situation work out now would be disastrous. The Chiefs have to sign him or trade him for similar value or they look like shit. Alex Smith's agent knows this.

Why do we HAVE to sign him...? We have him under his current contract for another year. He could shit the bed next year.... We don't HAVE to do anything with him this year.

He can take what we are offering...or risk shitting the bed.

The Franchise 05-05-2014 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 10603199)
Why do we HAVE to sign him...? We have him under his current contract for another year. He could shit the bed next year.... We don't HAVE to do anything with him this year.

This.

Mr. Laz 05-05-2014 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 10603199)

Yes, we can wait until next year but that doesn't change anything about what i said. It just delays it a year.