ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Intriguing training camp battles that are becoming evident (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=283619)

OldSchool 05-12-2014 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 10626026)
will anyone step up at WR?

Bowe, with his off-season workout and diet program, could pleasantly surprise everyone and return to his 70 rec, 1k yard, and 7+ TDs form.

Only real shot, outside of Bowe, is AJ Jenkins, judging from his late season play and also the fact that he had enough physical talent to get drafted in the 1st round.

Avery could increase his production but that depends entirely on his ability to not be such a pussy and walk off of the field every time he falls on the ground. Judging from how he's played his entire career, there's not much hope of that happening; he also needs to improve his focus and stop dropping passes but there's not too much hope of that at this stage of his career.

I'm not holding my breath on anyone else (Kelce, Fasano, McGrath). There's a chance that De'Anthony Thomas, based on his track record as a football player, can develop enough to contribute as a situational slot guy for the first half of the season and be a threat to take the ball the the house every time that he touches it.

In58men 05-12-2014 04:11 PM

Jon Jennings = Beast

Easy 6 05-12-2014 04:14 PM

I'm the definite minority here, but just watch... Jenkins is going to put it together under Reid.

Harbaugh gave up on the guy after like 2 minutes, thats BS... he'll be groomed the right way here and flourish, that's my big bet for 2014.

OldSchool 05-12-2014 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 10626097)
I'm the definite minority here, but just watch... Jenkins is going to put it together under Reid.

Harbaugh gave up on the guy after like 2 minutes, thats BS... he'll be groomed the right way here and flourish, that's my big bet for 2014.

Everyone hopes you're right. Reid would really love some Torry Holt or Isaac Bruce types right about now.

Wallcrawler 05-12-2014 04:21 PM

It would be worth a shot to put Flowers at FS. He's a zone coverage guy, not a press man corner that Sutton is in love with. He's better in zones, out in space, and he's always been a good tackler.

The corner we drafted is what Sutton likes to use. Press man cover corner that has a penchant for breaking up passes.

With Flowers and Berry over the top, the corners would have some room for error.

This could be the worst idea ever as well though, perhaps Ive played too much Madden these past couple weeks.

CoMoChief 05-12-2014 04:23 PM

Backup QB (3rd string)
Wide Receiver (pretty much anyone outside of Bowe)
Interior Oline
Middle LB
CB reserves
FS (Abdullah vs. Commings)
KR

Easy 6 05-12-2014 04:24 PM

I really want to see Commings beat out Abdullah by virtue of sheer athletic ability... he's big and he's fast, now he just needs to show some instincts.

I love Abdullahs football IQ but the guy is flat out too slow to cover the deep middle effectively, he needs to be spelling Berry and coming in on sub-packages... period.