ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs What The Niners did with the Picks from the AS trade (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=283637)

Titty Meat 05-12-2014 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 10625081)
Commodity = something that satisfies wants and needs. The Chiefs fans want to win a SB and the Chiefs organization desperately needs to win a SB. Alex will satisfy none of the above.

49ers season records:

2007: 5-11
2008: 7-9
2009: 8-8
2010: 6-10
2011: 13-3
2012: 11-4-1
2013: 12-4

What year did you say he became GM again?

This thread = Lonewolfs ass

Great post.

Titty Meat 05-12-2014 10:10 AM

Also Baalke got Boldin for a 6th while Dorsey drafted a backup fullback

saphojunkie 05-12-2014 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 10625088)
The offer has yet to be good enough for Dorsey.

A 3rd wasn't good enough for Albert but a comp pick is.

one more year of playing + a comp pick. Albert was valuable last year.

This list of aquisitions by the 49ers looks good and all, but it doesn't mean dick if you don't have a quarterback.

The only reason they were able to wheel and deal like that is because they hit on their 2nd round pick of Kaepernick and had the first overall pick and a playoff winning QB available to deal.

If in three years, we have two different QBs on the team capable of winning deep in the playoffs, I'm fairly confident it will be Dorsey's turn to rape faces with a trade.

GordonGekko 05-12-2014 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 10625236)
DL Tank Carradine (second round, 2013)
LB Corey Lemonier (third round, 2013)
LB Chris Borland (third round, 2014)
RB Carlos Hyde (second round, 2014)
WR Stevie Johnson (acquired for 2015 fourth-rounder)

Would all of these players combined taken us from a laughing stock 2-11 team to a playoff team like Alex did?

To be honest, the defense did most of the heavy lifting for the first 9 wins against a very easy schedule. Heck, I think we won a couple games where AS didn't have a TD pass (not going to look up but think it happened).

It was only after the defense completey shit themselves did the real Chiefs team emerge, a team that closed the season out 2-6 in their last 8.

Alex Smith is getting A LOT OF CREDIT for an easy start to last season and beast mode play by the defense for the first half of the season.

AS did play great in the playoff game (for the first half that is).

Btw I am definitely not an AS fan but agree that he is our best option then and now to win now. I do very much want the Chiefs to use a first round pick on a QB and develop them properly, this is my wish as a fan.

The Franchise 05-12-2014 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chocolate Hog (Post 10625401)
Also Baalke got Boldin for a 6th while Dorsey drafted a backup fullback

29 other GMs are horrible then because they didn't trade for Boldin either.

RealSNR 05-12-2014 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10625443)
29 other GMs are horrible then because they didn't trade for Boldin either.

29 other GMs also didn't draft Braden ****ing Wilson

Hoover 05-12-2014 10:55 AM

The unknown possibly of draft picks are a lot like lottery tickets to people.

If given the choice between 10 dollar scratch tickets and a 20 dollar bill, I think most people would pick the lottery tickets because of their unknown potential. Yet the second they has scratched them off and realize they have a two dollar winner and a free ticket, they regret passing up the sure thing.

Alex Smith was the sure thing.

The picks we gave up for him were full of unlimited potential. Maybe they pan out, maybe they don't, but I'm not upset that the Chiefs have a legitimate signal caller under center. Smith is now a proven winner. I'm anxious to see how he fairs with the difficult schedule we face next year. If we make the playoffs again, I think the case should be closed for good.

ct 05-12-2014 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 10625071)
The 49ers were already established before they traded any "commodity." And Alex is not a commodity.

Before the Alex Smith trade the 49ers lone trade of a player, if I'm not mistaken, was ****ing Taylor Mays.

Whether you admit it or not, a qb who can win games in the nfl is most definitely a commodity, a damn valuable one.

What impresses me most about the OP laid out from the smith picks, is they essentially moved back one spot in the late 2nd round this year and got WR Stevie Johnson.

The Franchise 05-12-2014 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 10625446)
29 other GMs also didn't draft Braden ****ing Wilson

I'm not doing the research but I'd guess that a good number of the 6th round and 7th round picks before and after Braden ****ing Wilson aren't on their teams either.

-King- 05-12-2014 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 10625327)
What would you rather have again?

Someone like Carson Palmer in free agency + 2013's 2nd round pick (used possibly to draft Geno) + Cody Latimer?

Or Alex Smith?

Smith. We would have had a losing record with Palmer last year.
Posted via Mobile Device

OldSchool 05-12-2014 11:37 AM

The Niners would have been better off using those early picks on their perceived "weaknesses". CB and WR, taking other positions only if the player available is clearly better than anything else on the board. However, I guess that they kind of had little choice after the top 7 DBs already went well before their pick. Idiots should have used some to move up and grab Roby or something.

LoneWolf 05-12-2014 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chocolate Hog (Post 10625399)
This thread = Lonewolfs ass

Great post.

Nice post. All the words are spelled correctly and everything. You are agreeing with the poster who said Alex Smith wasn't a commodity and thinks Baalke has drafted well, but other than that it was a good post.

The Franchise 05-12-2014 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldSchool (Post 10625527)
The Niners would have been better off using those early picks on their perceived "weaknesses". CB and WR, taking other positions only if the player available is clearly better than anything else on the board. However, I guess that they kind of had little choice after the top 7 DBs already went well before their pick. Idiots should have used some to move up and grab Roby or something.

Yeah....it kind of surprised me that they just kept trading down.

ct 05-12-2014 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldSchool (Post 10625527)

they can always trade for flowers, 2nd round pick should do it

ok i'll stop

Mr. Laz 05-12-2014 11:45 AM

that as much about the 49ers trading around in the draft and the Chiefs just sitting there than it is the Smith trade

apparently we have another ultra conservative GM who either doesn't know how or doesn't believe in maneuvering around. Frustrating

That said, imo the 49ers would have been better moving up and grabbing 4 studs than a bunch of guys who probably won't be able to make their talented roster.