ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs What are some things we learned today? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=302135)

Aspengc8 09-12-2016 06:04 AM

The pass rush was significantly better when Jones and Hali were in. Ford and Zombo are both atrocious. Might as well let Dadi get some looks now.

kepp 09-12-2016 06:34 AM

I learned to not turn the game off after the third quarter to mow the lawn :facepalm:

TEX 09-12-2016 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kgrund (Post 12420821)
I am worried about the DL. This goes back to preseason. The DL is getting manhandled.

Yep. There should be concern. In preseason there were tons of excuses for it, mostly the ,"It's just preseason" explanation. Deal is, that time is over and they got their asses kicked for real - for a longer period of time. Not good at all as it effects everything on defense.

I will say they picked it up late 4th quarter, so that could be a sign they are working things out, but also could mean SD changed their approach with the big lead and / or got gassed from kicking their asses all game up to that point...

KChiefs1 09-12-2016 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeyChuckles (Post 12420804)
The first game of the season is often one of the most flukey.

Excellent take.

I remember several Super Bowl teams who looked like dogshit in the first game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beef Supreme 09-12-2016 08:37 AM

DAT, a healthy scratch ... again. WTF is up with this guy?

FloridaMan88 09-12-2016 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 12421470)
Was today the best you guys have ever seen Alex look? It was for me. How about you 49ers fans who have followed him forever...has he ever looked elite like he did throughout this game???

I just still can't believe it.

First three quarters of the Indy playoff game was as good as I have seen Alex Smith play, at least as a Chief.

The fourth quarter and OT of yesterday's game was close though.

threebag 09-12-2016 09:26 AM

We had absolutely the worse commentators yesterday.

Mav 09-12-2016 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 12421470)
Was today the best you guys have ever seen Alex look? It was for me. How about you 49ers fans who have followed him forever...has he ever looked elite like he did throughout this game???

I just still can't believe it.

The Saints playoff game will always be my favorite Alex Smith game just because of what he had to do to get the win.

But yesterday from the 3rd quarter on was the only time I've seen Alex Smith play at an elite level. Not saying he is elite, but he played elite. That throw to Kelce and that back shoulder to Maclin for the TD are throws that Alex hasn't shown the ability to make.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CupidStunt 09-12-2016 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 12420337)
-Chiefs need to stop the bullshit game management. Play every game like you expect your defense to give up 30 points. I don't know how you preach that mentality to Alex Smith after 10 years. But he has to get that into his head. Play every down like they're down by 10

-I hope we can put to bed the argument that Houston isn't worth his contract. Man do they need him. The D needs to limp on until they get him back in November.

-1 or 2 big plays doesn't change Ford's mostly invisible performance. He wasn't good. I have more confidence in him now as a depth rusher, but he has to prove much more to be a starter

-First game I've seen Peters this riled up. If they don't control that, Denver will be very interesting. We can't afford for him to get kicked out of games

-Dorsey continues to do pretty well with secondary depth. Nelson and White didn't have great games, but they were better than I expected

-Mauga is a bigger loss than I realized. Our interior run D is really leaky and March took himself out of the play a few times. More disappointing... what the **** is up with our DL? They got manhandled today

I agree a LOT with all of this, except Mauga.

They could've replaced him with any Average Joe, but so far it's been with Dumpster Dave. And more to the point, every single other member in that front seven has been playing worse than when Mauga was in the lineup. The more that I think about it, it seems like each guy playing like ass is making the guy next to him play worse. DJ has always been a consistent, great player but with the DL blowing chunks, maybe he's trying to do too much, worrying about too many angles, etc. Hali is the only guy with a genuine excuse IMO - age and lingering injuries. Ford is just a giant, wet pussy. March is young and has all that enthusiasm, but is fragile and so inexperienced. He's gonna make all kinds of mistakes and look outright stupid often - the hope is he learns.

BTW, people seemed to enjoy the idea that Berry is the leader of this D, but to me it was always Houston and everyone really seems to miss his leadership and obviously the fact he's the best player on D. He seemed to hold people accountable after big plays etc. When they were getting gashed every play early yesterday, no one stood up. You can tell Peters cares out on the edge, but it's hard for a corner. Hali and DJ have never been vocal enough, and Sutton definitely isn't tough enough on the sidelines. Say what you will about meathead coaches, you definitely need at least one somewhere on the bench lighting a fire under these guys. It's hard to complain when you get no performance out of no talent, but we genuinely have the talent in terms of draft status/salary/coaching, so these guys need to step the **** up.

O.city 09-12-2016 09:37 AM

Houston is unbelievable as a player, but he's not solving what happened yesterday alone.

That was a coaching issue, player issue and well, everything issue.

WhawhaWhat 09-12-2016 09:38 AM

It was a nice 9 year run for Jamaal Charles as a member of the Chiefs.

I wasn't paying attention to it at all yesterday but did anyone notice Ware's pass blocking abilities. Jamaal Charles did a pretty good job in his prime and I hope Ware keeps that going.

The Franchise 09-12-2016 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 12421819)
Houston is unbelievable as a player, but he's not solving what happened yesterday alone.

That was a coaching issue, player issue and well, everything issue.

Even DJ looked like shit. No idea why.

tomahawk kid 09-12-2016 09:50 AM

A consistent knock on Andy Reid has been his team's "starting slow".

I think that's what we saw yesterday. Neither side of the ball looked ready to play, and we couldn't match the Chargers intensity for 2 & 1/2 quarters.

Side note: I'd bet $10 that Dez Moses is re-signed this week.

pr_capone 09-13-2016 03:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 12420435)
If Keenan doesn't tear his ACL, Chiefs start the season 0-1

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 12420553)
You haven't been the same since the banner flying.

God dammit... I must have infected Sam. He isn't the same after the banners either!!!

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt...101410552.html

Quote:

▪ Keenan Allen’s injury really changed a lot, for both teams. He was open, basically every snap. The Chiefs had nothing for him. That injury changed so much.

Bob Dole 09-13-2016 05:57 AM

Bob Dole learned that we still have people blaming Alex for Andy's play calling.