ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Texans reportedly not excited last night after getting Watson (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=307429)

jd1020 04-28-2017 11:53 PM

It's a glorious feeling that after all these years of sitting idle hoping the guy you want makes it those next handful of picks so the Chiefs can finally take their shot only to be let down by the inevitable leap frog trade.

This one's for you, Houston.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-RDJ5ZVnXpU...my-mcnulty.gif

Chiefshrink 04-28-2017 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PutQuinnIn (Post 12847707)
This is a franchise that backed up the Brinks truck for Brock without even conducting one interview with him.

And why if Watson does not work out Smith ought to be fired.

OldSchool 04-29-2017 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 12847988)
Rick Smith has definitely fumbled the ball these last two years when it comes to quarterbacks . He should've known teams were going to try to get up to the buffalo spot it would've taken very little just to move up two spots .

His biggest f-up was not taking Derek Carr. Texans would be kings of that division, and possibly the AFC, if they had Carr running the show for them paired with that defense.

Chiefshrink 04-29-2017 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldSchool (Post 12847997)
His biggest f-up was not taking Derek Carr. Texans would be kings of that division, and possibly the AFC, if they had Carr running the show for them paired with that defense.

Totally get your point but I think the political mojo of taking a second Carr brother and having him fail was just too spooky in my opinion from a PR perspective.

BryanBusby 04-29-2017 12:05 AM

Man I can't fault the Texans for not taking another Carr.

Nickhead 04-29-2017 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 12847998)
Totally get your point but I think the political mojo of taking a second Carr brother and having him fail was just too spooky in my opinion from a PR perspective.

it's the same reason so many teams didn't draft him earlier. i joke, i didn't know who carr was until he was drafted, but... :D

OldSchool 04-29-2017 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 12847998)

And now they're paying for it. Watson is essentially a less accurate, slower, and smaller version of Marcus Mariota.

Eleazar 04-29-2017 01:20 AM

Makes you feel good about Mahomes if other teams were trying to trade up for him.

As far as the Texans... they traded away Asswanker and had nothing else at QB. Obviously that's what they were going to do. They knew every other team in the league knew they were going QB and so anyone who wanted a QB would trade right in front of them, and they just sat there and let it happen.

This is the NFL, which is basically all QB. If they wanted to be sure they got their guy, they should have moved up.

ChiefGator 04-29-2017 04:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCDC (Post 12847777)
I think the Texans wanted to pay us back by taking the ILB from Vanderbilt in the second round. It seemed to be just who we would pick a couple picks later.

Yeah, I thought the same thing. Too bad we didn't leapfrog them again and grab Cunningham.

Red Dawg 04-29-2017 04:27 AM

Ho can predict 27 to 10? Nobody thought that would happen. Saints were taking him so Houston was hosed either way.

Bowser 04-29-2017 08:33 AM

Houston is going to insert Watson as their #1 QB due to attrition and ruin him. Sit Deshaun Watson, a guy you traded up 13 spots in the first round for, in favor of Tom Savage? Yeah, no.

Red Dawg 04-29-2017 08:45 AM

Watson needs to sit but probably won't. He will start and is on a very talented team for a rookie to be on like Dak.

I would start Savage and let Watson learn for a year but they probably won't.

B_Ambuehl 04-29-2017 08:49 AM

Wow people are really blowing this out of proportion. Erase everything that happened and start over and 99% of this board would have been ecstatic coming out of the draft with Watson.

Pasta Little Brioni 04-29-2017 08:49 AM

All this proves is if they actually wanted Lynch, they would have gotten him...like I said, they didn't.

Pasta Little Brioni 04-29-2017 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B_Ambuehl (Post 12848204)
Wow people are really blowing this out of proportion. Erase everything that happened and start over and 99% of this board would have been ecstatic coming out of the draft with Watson.

Bullshit. Wanted no part of that noodle armed duck launcher.