ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Justin Houston (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=309907)

pugsnotdrugs19 09-09-2017 03:14 PM

Please guys, let's not derail this thread...

RunKC 09-09-2017 03:31 PM

It's great having the old Houston back. I fully expect the Eagles to double him next week, which is fine because Ford is going to get sacks. He almost sacked Brady on 2 plays where Brady released it in 2.5 seconds.

Every player on the front line (except Ford) demands a double team. It's going to be difficult to block. We might see 6 blockers which is huge for the defense.

The best part is we haven't even seen Tanoh yet and Tamba will come back fresh to play 10 ish snaps in the 2nd half of the year.

pugsnotdrugs19 09-09-2017 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 13070833)
It's great having the old Houston back. I fully expect the Eagles to double him next week, which is fine because Ford is going to get sacks. He almost sacked Brady on 2 plays where Brady released it in 2.5 seconds.

Every player on the front line (except Ford) demands a double team. It's going to be difficult to block. We might see 6 blockers which is huge for the defense.

The best part is we haven't even seen Tanoh yet and Tamba will come back fresh to play 10 ish snaps in the 2nd half of the year.

I talked about this last year before Houston came back from his knee surgery--it makes a world of difference having a guy like that who teams have to chip. They either have to single block him and hope like hell he doesn't destroy your game plan, or you have to manipulate your offense by taking TEs or RBs off their pass routes and make them help with blocking Houston. Either way, the offense loses something.

TigeRRUppeRRcut 09-09-2017 04:19 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/FRBMvXk7egk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Grab a few tissues

ChiefRocka 09-09-2017 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigeRRUppeRRcut (Post 13070908)
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/FRBMvXk7egk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Grab a few tissues

That was a safety BTW.

RunKC 09-09-2017 04:54 PM

5 tackles
2 TFL
2 sacks
4 QB hits
Killed Amendola

Worth every bit of the $22 million we're paying him this year LMAO

ThaVirus 09-09-2017 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy (Post 13070472)
Look I love J Houston but that's homerism. Ask any NFL fan that isn't a Chiefs fan who is better Von Miller or J Houston you know who they are going to say. Im pretty sure you ask any GM who they would rather have they are going to say Von Miller.

J Houston needs to get it done in the playoffs like Von Miller did if he wants to be considered just as good. Von Miller was so dominant the last year Broncos won their SB it was almost impossible to pass on the Broncos because he would get to the QB so quick.

I want to see J Houston get it done in the playoffs before I say he is as good as Von Miller. So far in his career when playoffs come J Houston is usually hurt or a no show.

I don't think the gap is as big as most ppl make it seem though. J Houston is absolutely awesome when he is healthy...

Yeah, I'm sure the fact that they have two CBS who could have placed a legitimate claim on the #1 CB spot in the NFL had nothing to do with their stellar pass defense..

milkman 09-10-2017 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefRocka (Post 13070927)
That was a safety BTW.

No it wasn't.

PAChiefsGuy 09-10-2017 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 13071049)
Yeah, I'm sure the fact that they have two CBS who could have placed a legitimate claim on the #1 CB spot in the NFL had nothing to do with their stellar pass defense..

I never said it didn't have anything to do with it.

Typical Chiefplanet overreaction. Justin Houston has a great gm now he is better than Von Miller. Heard nothing about that last season. Pats lose a game, they are not going to make the playoffs. Chiefs win and they are the best team in the AFC.

Lets all calm down and relax. I like J Houston as much as anyone but I want to see him do it in the playoffs.

I know he can do it. He has probably just been slowed by his injuries. But as of right now

Von Miller > Justin Houston

RunKC 09-10-2017 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy (Post 13071769)

Typical Chiefplanet overreaction. Justin Houston has a great gm now he is better than Von Miller. Heard nothing about that last season. Pats lose a game, they are not going to make the playoffs. Chiefs win and they are the best team in the AFC.

Lets all calm down and relax. I like J Houston as much as anyone but I want to see him do it in the playoffs.

I know he can do it. He has probably just been slowed by his injuries. But as of right now

Alex has "turned the corner" after 1 great game and now you're calling him Joe freaking Montana, but we need to "calm down" for Houston's great game.

At least try to be logical

PAChiefsGuy 09-10-2017 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 13071783)
Alex has "turned the corner" after 1 great game but we need to "temper expectations" for Houston's great game.

At least try to be logical

I never said temper expectations I just said he hasn't had as good of a career as Von Miller.

As far as my Alex 'Montana' Smith prediction. You'll see:)

Best22 09-10-2017 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy (Post 13071769)

Miller deservedly got more hype because he was healthier. It's like the Kelce/Gronk debate. One is athletic and healthy, the other is strong and injured.

pugsnotdrugs19 09-10-2017 08:53 AM

With beast Houston back in the fold, we immediately become a more front-seven oriented defense. I like that, we look really good up front which is more important than the secondary in all likelihood.

I mean, if Houston and Ford (with a sprinkle of Hali/KPass) are bringing heat off the edge week in and week out, that's going to be hard for defenses to handle. Not to mention we are stacked on the interior with quality and depth. The ILB situation appears to be vastly improved, although I am not counting on Ragland this season for much.

And honestly, our corners were great Thursday night. Peters is Peters. Gaines' was as good as he has been since before his injury. And even despite T-Mitch's penalties, the guy was being asked to cover Brandin Cooks (a vertical speedster) one-on-one while Mitchell does not primarily rely on long speed. I thought he competed like crazy, made a few spectacular plays, and will only continue to improve. Nelson coming back later won't hurt either.

If we can get just a little bit of a luck in terms of health, the defense could feast like never before in the Reid era, considering what they did against New England on the road.

PAChiefsGuy 09-10-2017 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 13071877)
With beast Houston back in the fold, we immediately become a more front-seven oriented defense. I like that, we look really good up front which is more important than the secondary in all likelihood.

I mean, if Houston and Ford (with a sprinkle of Hali/KPass) are bringing heat off the edge week in and week out, that's going to be hard for defenses to handle. Not to mention we are stacked on the interior with quality and depth. The ILB situation appears to be vastly improved, although I am not counting on Ragland this season for much.

And honestly, our corners were great Thursday night. Peters is Peters. Gaines' was as good as he has been since before his injury. And even despite T-Mitch's penalties, the guy was being asked to cover Brandin Cooks (a vertical speedster) one-on-one while Mitchell does not primarily rely on long speed. I thought he competed like crazy, made a few spectacular plays, and will only continue to improve. Nelson coming back later won't hurt either.

If we can get just a little bit of a luck in terms of health, the defense could feast like never before in the Reid era, considering what they did against New England on the road.

It'll be good but not great. We need Berry to be great but yeah this D can be very good. Top 5.

KChiefs1 09-12-2017 09:06 PM

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...ea532f1499.png