ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs I've never seen a delay of game penalty that shouldn't have been called (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=335478)

digger 12-07-2020 07:00 AM

This had all the markings of a "Trap" game and we over came a lot, add this to the list...

htismaqe 12-07-2020 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 15378447)
There was a problem with the clock earlier in the game. Wonder if that had anything to do with it and the TV clock wasn't lined up quite right with the actual on field clock.

Pretty sure they showed a replay with the actual game clock in PIP down in the corner and it showed the ball being snapped before the clock his zero.

oldman 12-07-2020 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 15378275)
For the record, this wasn't related to the clocks not working. They're fine.

https://i.redd.it/zguwfaff1p361.jpg

There was no excuse for that call. It was the game clock, not the play clock that had a problem. What you're seeing in the window is the actual play clock. I'm beginning to think the zebras are out to get us.
The TD that wasn't a TD wasn't on the officials because even Hill didn't think he had it. But there wasn't any need to hurry the punt.

Dunerdr 12-07-2020 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldman (Post 15378468)
There was no excuse for that call. It was the game clock, not the play clock that had a problem. What you're seeing in the window is the actual play clock. I'm beginning to think the zebras are out to get us.
The TD that wasn't a TD wasn't on the officials because even Hill didn't think he had it. But there wasn't any need to hurry the punt.

The punt wasnt hurried it was normal procedure. No one in that stadium thought he caught that ball. Not even Hill.

RedinTexas 12-07-2020 07:24 AM

There is the game clock and there is the play clock. The game clock may have been in the hands of the refs at the time, but why in the hell would the play clock be in the hands of the refs? The play clock is there for the players and the refs to see. How can the players get a play off in less than the allotted time unless they have access to a play clock that allows them to know how much time is left?

If the play clock was malfunctioning and "in the hands of the refs," why wouldn't the refs be cutting just a little bit of slack to the players that don't have the full knowledge that the players do? Why wouldn't the NBC crew explain that the refs had control and the play clock that we could see wasn't official?

The play clock that we could see was almost 100% certainly the official play clock. There was time left on the clock when the ball was snapped. The referee that called delay of game was wrong and not on a "close call." Calling a penalty for something that did not actually happen is pretty bad, but usually there is an explanation for it such as that it looked like it happened. There is no excuse for that penalty. It was wrong and the official that called it should be severely disciplined.

htismaqe 12-07-2020 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedinTexas (Post 15378482)
The play clock that we could see was almost 100% certainly the official play clock. There was time left on the clock when the ball was snapped. The referee that called delay of game was wrong and not on a "close call." Calling a penalty for something that did not actually happen is pretty bad, but usually there is an explanation for it such as that it looked like it happened. There is no excuse for that penalty. It was wrong and the official that called it should be severely disciplined.

Exactly this.

notorious 12-07-2020 07:29 AM

It was bullshit, plain and simple.

If you want to ever see a “nudge” to keep games close, watch last night.

tmax63 12-07-2020 07:54 AM

In years past this game would have been an upset loss and everyone would be screaming bloody hell about it but this year they still won the game. It's good to be the King.

rabblerouser 12-07-2020 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 15377923)
In the same game as a touchdown catch isn’t called a TD catch after never touching the ground.

Weird game.

Such
A
Weird.
Game

OrtonsPiercedTaint 12-07-2020 08:14 AM

They want Mahomes to pull some wild play out of his ass for ratings

FAX 12-07-2020 08:34 AM

I chalk that game up to Brain Freeze.

Everybody had it.

Wally, EB, Officials, Tyreek ... the whole show.

FAX THE EVALUATOR

Frosty 12-07-2020 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UK_Chief (Post 15378391)
Was there a clear offsides that wasn’t called on Denver too?

Yes and I'm still salty over that one. I believe it was on the Chiefs' second drive and it was 3rd and 4 so it would have kept the drive alive.:mad:

DaFace 12-07-2020 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 15378577)
Yes and I'm still salty over that one. I believe it was on the Chiefs' second drive and it was 3rd and 4 so it would have kept the drive alive.:mad:

Eh, the defender definitely jumped, but I don't know think he actually crossed the line.

FAX 12-07-2020 08:39 AM

I know think he did.

FAX THE EVALUATOR

IowaHawkeyeChief 12-07-2020 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redbled (Post 15378321)
The call appears to be crap.

What I don’t understand is why not take the TO with 1 second left allowing your kicker to kick it at any point in the play clock he wants to. Seems that it would almost always take more time off and certainly safer as well. You see that all the time where coaches say I want a TO with 1 second on the play clock.

Ice their own kicker?