ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Your final 53 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=339559)

neech 08-28-2021 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 15804733)
LDT contract is fully guaranteed. It is highly unlikely that he gets cut.

Mecca says that doesn’t matter and LDT gets the hook anyway.

oldman 08-28-2021 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 15804716)
Our final 53 will not be on Tuesday. It will be Sept. 2cd or 3rd.

Perhaps I should have said the "official roster per league rules". I agree, we probably won't know until later that week. But for the purposes of who's cut and who can be placed on IR, it's 4 PM (Eastern) on Aug. 31.

Quote:

Originally Posted by neech (Post 15804738)
Mecca says that doesn’t matter and LDT gets the hook anyway.

Not happening. He has a $4.75 M cap hit. We've already paid him the prorated $2 M signing bonus, so we're still paying him $2.75M this year. He'd be the starter this year except Smith has exceeded all expectations. TBH, I doubt he'll come back next year, he'll retire and play doctor in Montreal.

frozenchief 08-28-2021 02:50 PM

Even if we disagree, I love this discussion because it shows that KC has a problem for which most teams would kill: we have too many good players and we are struggling to find a way to keep them all.

I still remember Reid's first year here. The week after the final cut down, we wound up picking up 6 or 7 guys who were cut from other teams. 10% of our squad came to us because they weren't good enough to play for another team. This year, though, other teams are going to be combing through the guys that we cut. These are great days to be Chiefs fans.

ThyKingdomCome15 08-28-2021 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldman (Post 15804809)
Perhaps I should have said the "official roster per league rules". I agree, we probably won't know until later that week. But for the purposes of who's cut and who can be placed on IR, it's 4 PM (Eastern) on Aug. 31.

Not happening. He has a $4.75 M cap hit. We've already paid him the prorated $2 M signing bonus, so we're still paying him $2.75M this year. He'd be the starter this year except Smith has exceeded all expectations. TBH, I doubt he'll come back next year, he'll retire and play doctor in Montreal.

What's the difference in paying a cut player and paying a bench player? He's a back up and not a great one at that. He's on the wrong side of 30 and took a year off.

oldman 08-28-2021 03:42 PM

If it comes down to Blythe vs. LDT, I'll take LDT. LDT is a proven commodity and would be the starter without Smith. He won't be 31 until next year. Andy is going to keep at least 9 OL and I hope one of them isn't Wylie. As to your question about paying a cut player to a bench player, you have to pay that bench player that took his place too.

But Frozenchief brings up a good point. We're the team with the riches now, not the beggars of 2013. Take a look at the final roster, especially on the O and all the transactions it took to get there. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_K..._Chiefs_season

Chief Roundup 08-28-2021 03:56 PM

Quote:

I wasn't saying that as much because I disagreed with your list or any of that. Just that they will make the first 53 man roster to make a couple/few changes. Then there will be changes when some get healthy also.

neech 08-28-2021 04:15 PM

Quote:

I agree that we’re keeping him you can bet your boots.

Marcellus 08-28-2021 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15 (Post 15804210)
Williams is broke dick, PUP. Gore stays.

For the 2,000 time you cant put players who have practiced on PUP.

IowaHawkeyeChief 08-28-2021 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldman (Post 15804909)
If it comes down to Blythe vs. LDT, I'll take LDT. LDT is a proven commodity and would be the starter without Smith. He won't be 31 until next year. Andy is going to keep at least 9 OL and I hope one of them isn't Wylie. As to your question about paying a cut player to a bench player, you have to pay that bench player that took his place too.

But Frozenchief brings up a good point. We're the team with the riches now, not the beggars of 2013. Take a look at the final roster, especially on the O and all the transactions it took to get there. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_K..._Chiefs_season

Blythe is just as proven, if not more, than LDT...

R Clark 08-28-2021 05:49 PM

Quote:

Blythe is just as proven as the doc ,more so in my opinion

Chief Roundup 08-28-2021 06:26 PM

Interesting, a vested vet can be cut but not go through waivers allowing us to cut say, Blake Bell and then resign him the next day after we have made some of the IR/PUP moves. I am now wondering who else we might consider doing that with.

R Clark 08-28-2021 06:29 PM

Belll ain’t getting cut , did you not see that shoestring catch

Mecca 08-28-2021 06:35 PM

Quote:

Other than you know Blythe has experience at all 3 interior spots and LDT has played 1 position.

Chief Roundup 08-28-2021 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R Clark (Post 15805100)
Belll ain’t getting cut , did you not see that shoestring catch

Do you have reading comprehension problems? I said that it is just a move to allow us to not expose someone that we cannot just resign the next day to the roster to the same contract and all that.

Mecca 08-28-2021 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 15805111)
Do you have reading comprehension problems? I said that it is just a move to allow us to not expose someone that we cannot just resign the next day to the roster to the same contract and all that.

They'll expose the RBs, why? Cause every team has 5 RBs they like, it's a dime a dozen position.