ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Expectations and Alex Smith (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271413)

Sorter 03-25-2013 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9528429)
Unless he totally sucks ass, the team has no excuse not to win 10 games.

I think KC loses to Donks 2X, Houston, Indy, Dallas, NYG, Washington.

Probably split with Oakland and SD, win against Jacksonville.

Cleveland, Buffalo, Philly Tennessee are all toss ups IMO.

IMO, this team would be lucky to be 8-8.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-25-2013 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ponderception (Post 9528637)

Sorry. If they are giving up those kind of picks for a vet QB, I expect better than conceding games already to meh teams like Indy, Dallas, and Wash. Not saying I think they'll win that many, but those should be our expectations with that move. If Alex is the turd many think he is, they'll win 8 or less.

BigMeatballDave 03-25-2013 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ponderception (Post 9528637)

I think people are forgetting a huge reason why the offense was SO bad last year, other than overall QB play, was the amount of turnovers.

Cutting that in half last season wins them 6 or 7.

9-10 wins is not a stretch.

BigMeatballDave 03-25-2013 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9528438)

I love her.

ChiefsCountry 03-25-2013 01:58 PM

8-8. That's all the Chiefs want, so why should I want anymore.

KC_Lee 03-25-2013 02:06 PM

My prediction / expectation for Alex Smith; 2750 yard, 18 TD, 10 INT

Giving KC a record of 9 - 7.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-25-2013 02:33 PM

Sub 3k? Not if he plays 16 games. Reid isn't going to turn into Herm. He'll throw the ball much more than in SanFran.

opposition 03-25-2013 03:39 PM

Season stats:
Alex Smith-19-0

458 yards, .00043 ypc, 24 td's, 3 int's

Geno Smith-0-0
0/4, 0%, -4 td's, 4 int's, -395 yards, 45 sacks

Beeker 03-25-2013 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9524942)
Then you have not been listening to the cynics at all. The cynics (such as myself) recognize that Alex Smith will play us straight to first-round playoff exit mediocrity. And then we will never again be in position to draft a franchise QB who can actually take us to the dance.

Yeah, because Franchise QB's ONLY ever come out of the first round, right?

Discuss Thrower 03-25-2013 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beeker (Post 9529329)

Outside of Brad freaking Johnson, Tom Brady and Drew Brees yes.

Beeker 03-25-2013 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9527769)
A second round pick and a third round pick equate to a mid to late first.

The 34th pick is worth 580 draft value points. The 16th pick in the second round is worth 420 points....that equates to 1000 points, which is what the 16th pick in the first round is worth. If we only give up a third next year That's worth 190 points, added to the 580 we give up this year, that's 770 points given up...the equivalent of the 21st pick in the first round.

So, yes, we did give up a first round pick worth of draft compensation for Alex Smith.

Draft pick value blah blah blah

The ONLY value in a draft pick is what the player does for your team. All these arbitrary numbers you keep spitting out mean absolutely NOTHING. It's a second and a conditional third ... NOT A FIRST ... jfc

Nightfyre 03-25-2013 08:16 PM

Quote:

The fact is, at some point in the playoffs, your QB will have to pick up the team and carry them to the next game. Alex Smith has had eight goddamned years in the league and has proven time and time again that he does not have that capability. Take Alex Smith in one hand and shit in the other. You've got the same stuff in both hands.

Hammock Parties 03-25-2013 08:19 PM

The interesting thing about the Alex Smith trade is we're literally going to ask someone to do something they've never done before. Alex Smith needs to more in KC than he did in SF. A lot more.

We didn't even do that with Cassel. If he had replicated his NE performance, that was probably going to be good enough for us.

Alex needs to do things he has never done before for us to be successful.

Great ****ing trade.

OrtonsPiercedTaint 03-25-2013 08:19 PM

He will get paid millions of dollars. Find out he can buy a mansion in kansas for the price of an apartment in San Fran. The KC Star sports columnists will fluff him once a month. Including a saving feral cats from a praire fire type story. This wife will have an affair with McCLuster and he will leave for Buffalo in 2014.

patteeu 03-25-2013 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 9529375)

Joe Montana? Brett Favre?

Tombstone RJ 03-25-2013 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beeker (Post 9529386)

The ONLY value in a draft pick is what the player does for your team. All these arbitrary numbers you keep spitting out mean absolutely NOTHING. It's a second and a conditional third ... NOT A FIRST ... jfc

:rolleyes:

I don't think you have a clue.

Discuss Thrower 03-25-2013 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9529431)
Joe Montana? Brett Favre?

This decade. IE Years after the rules committee totally slanted the game in favor of passing offense.

Beeker 03-25-2013 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 9529375)

Joe Montana
Colin Kaepernick
Russell Wilson

There's 3 more for ya!

Unless of course you meant SUPER BOWL WINNING QB's... amirite?

Tombstone RJ 03-25-2013 08:32 PM

Tom by-god-Brady!!!!!!!

KC_Lee 03-25-2013 08:33 PM

Quote:

Great, wake me up when the Chiefs draft and develop a QB taken in any round in the draft.

Maybe I might care then, until then not so much.

Beeker 03-25-2013 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 9529439)
:rolleyes:

I don't think you have a clue.

I think you freaking morons place too much value on a draft pick. So somebody somewhere decided each draft pick is worth "X" number amount. What's a 1.1 worth? Does that equate to Jalardass Russell? Ryan potLeaf? Alex Smith Hmm??

Whatever "draft pick value" number you all claim to use has zero meaning outside of whomever invented it.

ChiefsCountry 03-25-2013 08:36 PM

How in the hell does a shitty player like Alex Smith have fans that go out of their way to defend a worthless POS like him. Amazing.

OrtonsPiercedTaint 03-25-2013 08:37 PM

The Chargers did fine after Leaf. The Raiders well...3/4ths of Al Davis picks are just silly. Strangely Seabass may be one of his better moves.

Discuss Thrower 03-25-2013 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beeker (Post 9529442)

Unless of course you meant SUPER BOWL WINNING QB's... amirite?

That's exactly what I meant.

If you're making a decision based off a sample size of 10, wouldn't you want to go with most common denominator among those 10?

Tombstone RJ 03-25-2013 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beeker (Post 9529454)
I think you freaking morons place too much value on a draft pick. So somebody somewhere decided each draft pick is worth "X" number amount. What's a 1.1 worth? Does that equate to Jalardass Russell? Ryan potLeaf? Alex Smith Hmm??

Whatever "draft pick value" number you all claim to use has zero meaning outside of whomever invented it.

the chart is used for trade negotiation purposes and that is its primary purpose. If team X wants a certain pick or a certain player, it has to trade something of equivolent value. It's a tool, nothing more and nothing less.

Kaepernick 03-25-2013 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 9529441)
This decade. IE Years after the rules committee totally slanted the game in favor of passing offense.

Russell Wilson was taken in the 3rd round.

Most franchise QBs are taken in the first round. Once in a while a reach below that, like Montana, Brady, or Wilson sticks.

It can be done. The odds just aren't very good. Your best chance is to be so bad you get a high 1st round pick for a top QB prospect. The problem is the years when nobody is worth it. Then what do you do?

Kaepernick 03-25-2013 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9529460)
How in the hell does a shitty player like Alex Smith have fans that go out of their way to defend a worthless POS like him. Amazing.

Battered fan syndrome?

Stockholm syndrome. Been hostages of Alex too long?

Alex is a vampire who sucks their blood?

Beats the shit out of me.

I've known some loser types who had to sabotage themselves at everything and pull defeat from the jaws of victory. Maybe it is just loser types who identify with another loser and want to wallow in Loser World.

"Hey, my QB is a loser. See, it's not so bad after all. We can all be losers together. One big loser family. Group hug!"

Beeker 03-25-2013 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Lee (Post 9529448)
Great, wake me up when the Chiefs draft and develop a QB taken in any round in the draft.

Maybe I might care then, until then not so much.

I can't argue with that .... not in the least bit. Maybe they take a QB in the 3rd/4th rd this year. Maybe next year. Who knows? Maybe that guy turns out to be the QBotF you all are hoping for.

If Alex Smith turns out to be the turd most here think he is, you get 6-10, 5-11, and you get a fairly high draft pick both years ... top 15, and then he gets shitcanned. If you get 9-7, 10-6 then you get playoffs and possibly a win - you draft mid 20's. If you draft EJ Geno Ryan Barkley Glennon this year at 1.1, and he gets you 4-14 and 5-11 - WHAT'S THE FREAKING DIFFERENCE?????

Some of the folks on this forum seriously just can't stand the thought of a winning team because it's been that way for 30 years. I get it. I really do. I don't know what it's like to have my favorite team go 2-14 and draft a QB at 1.1 who for 6 years turns out to be a bust.

I HOPE Alex wins a playoff game this year for KC. I really do. I can't realistically sit here and say he'll win a SB with KC. I hope he DOES win a SB with KC, just not against the 49ers. :LOL:

Beeker 03-25-2013 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 9529465)
the chart is used for trade negotiation purposes and that is its primary purpose. If team X wants a certain pick or a certain player, it has to trade something of equivolent value. It's a tool, nothing more and nothing less.

That's fair. And I happen to believe it's a tool that is worthless except to whatever mathematician invented it.

Tombstone RJ 03-25-2013 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beeker (Post 9529476)
I can't argue with that .... not in the least bit. Maybe they take a QB in the 3rd/4th rd this year. Maybe next year. Who knows? Maybe that guy turns out to be the QBotF you all are hoping for.

If Alex Smith turns out to be the turd most here think he is, you get 6-10, 5-11, and you get a fairly high draft pick both years ... top 15, and then he gets shitcanned. If you get 9-7, 10-6 then you get playoffs and possibly a win - you draft mid 20's. If you draft EJ Geno Ryan Barkley Glennon this year at 1.1, and he gets you 4-14 and 5-11 - WHAT'S THE FREAKING DIFFERENCE?????

Some of the folks on this forum seriously just can't stand the thought of a winning team because it's been that way for 30 years. I get it. I really do. I don't know what it's like to have my favorite team go 2-14 and draft a QB at 1.1 who for 6 years turns out to be a bust.

I HOPE Alex wins a playoff game this year for KC. I really do. I can't realistically sit here and say he'll win a SB with KC. I hope he DOES win a SB with KC, just not against the 49ers. :LOL:

the thing is, Matt Moore can get kc just as many wins, so why trade a second and a high conditional for Alex Smith? As for taking a young QB high in the draft, yes, it's a gamble but there is a chance he could be something special (granted, with this year's crop a smaller chance, but still).

Beeker 03-25-2013 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 9529486)
the thing is, Matt Moore can get kc just as many wins, so why trade a second and a high conditional for Alex Smith? As for taking a young QB high in the draft, yes, it's a gamble but there is a chance he could be something special (granted, with this year's crop a smaller chance, but still).

Agreed, although I'm not so sure Matt Moore is equal to Alex. And for the record, I'm no Alex lover - he is what he is. Also for the record, I've said it repeatedly that NONE of this year's QBs will EVER win a playoff game. EVER.

Tombstone RJ 03-25-2013 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beeker (Post 9529481)
That's fair. And I happen to believe it's a tool that is worthless except to whatever mathematician invented it.

lol... Jimmy Johnson invented it as a tool. Granted, he's just a coach but he still invented it.

B14ckmon 03-25-2013 08:51 PM

http://uranus.ckt.net/~gochiefs/alexalien2.gif

Discuss Thrower 03-25-2013 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaepernick (Post 9529468)
Then what do you do?

Then you evaluate who exactly is the best quarterback in the draft and you take him before you get the inclination someone else will.

Beeker 03-25-2013 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 9529490)
lol... yep, I knew your were clueless. Jimmy Johnson invented it as a tool. Granted, he's just a coach but he still invented it.

Your opinion. Mine is that it's worthless. A second round pick is a second round pick. Period.

Tombstone RJ 03-25-2013 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beeker (Post 9529489)
Agreed, although I'm not so sure Matt Moore is equal to Alex. And for the record, I'm no Alex lover - he is what he is. Also for the record, I've said it repeatedly that NONE of this year's QBs will EVER win a playoff game. EVER.

There's no Elway or Marino or Luck or RG3 in this draft ad of right now and I agree, this years crop is subpar. However you still gotta try. Look at Cleveland, they have taken McCoy and Weeden the last few years and it wasn't like McCoy a total waste of space. The point is they keep trying and they probably will draft anothe QB this year (maybe). Point being, until you have that franchise guy, you keep looking until you have him.

Beeker 03-25-2013 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 9529509)
There's no Elway or Marino or Luck or RG3 in this draft ad of right now and I agree, this years crop is subpar. However you still gotta try. Look at Cleveland, they have taken McCoy and Weeden the last few years and it wasn't like McCoy a total waste of space. The point is they keep trying and they probably will draft anothe QB this year (maybe). Point being, until you have that franchise guy, you keep looking until you have him.

Let me preface this:

IN NO WAY AM I COMPARING ALEX SMITH TO STEVE YOUNG OR DREW BREES.

Young was considered a bust in Tampa after going 3-19 in his starts there.
Brees went 8-8 and was benched his second year for Doug Flutie. He then went 12-4 and followed that up with a franchise tag year of 9-7.

Hmmmmm ... I guess FA signings never work out, either.

Tombstone RJ 03-25-2013 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beeker (Post 9529523)
Let me preface this:

IN NO WAY AM I COMPARING ALEX SMITH TO STEVE YOUNG OR DREW BREES.

Young was considered a bust in Tampa after going 3-19 in his starts there.
Brees went 8-8 and was benched his second year for Doug Flutie. He then went 12-4 and followed that up with a franchise tag year of 9-7.

Hmmmmm ... I guess FA signings never work out, either.

FA can be effective, yes. But Alex Smith was traded for so he was never a FA.

milkman 03-25-2013 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beeker (Post 9529489)

I'm betting the next college football game you watch will be your first.

I'm also betting you have Mel Kiper fathead hanging on yourf wall.

Dave Lane 03-25-2013 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beeker (Post 9529386)

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...stuff/LMAO.gif

Beeker 03-25-2013 09:41 PM

http://i311.photobucket.com/albums/k...n/original.jpg
http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/c...g?t=1351634179
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...89039883_n.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...0497662819.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3.../Smithcopy.jpg

Beeker 03-25-2013 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9529569)
I'm betting the next college football game you watch will be your first.

I'm also betting you have Mel Kiper fathead hanging on yourf wall.

I'm betting you have not a single clue as to anything about me other than your fat mouth running off.

And, have a nice day!

Beeker 03-25-2013 09:47 PM

http://s16.postimage.org/nc6xrlh79/0...ith_Header.jpg

Beeker 03-25-2013 09:47 PM

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/...ryoung/MI1.jpg

Ebolapox 03-25-2013 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beeker (Post 9529622)
double post

double the post, double the reerun! :thumb:

Beeker 03-25-2013 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebolapox (Post 9529629)
double the post, double the reerun! :thumb:

Oops ... I fixed it ... oh well

ayleswbj 03-26-2013 01:15 AM

This years QB class is weak and a total waste of a pick. Grab them in the late rounds, wait for next years Elite class. If all of the Chiefs fans think Alex is so bad then you will have a choice at the Cream of the Crop next season. Not one QB this year could even carry these guys jocks straps on the field. Including GENO!!

mcan 03-26-2013 03:45 AM

I'm hoping Alex can win us 10 games, and push Denver while throwing a 2:1 or better TD:INT ratio and keep his rating in the high 80s. Lets say something akin to Eli's numbers from last year.

321 for 536 (33 att/game sounds a tad low for Reid)
59.9 completion % (modest, but attainable goal)
3948 yards (won't crack the top 10, but paired with a jamaal...)
26 TD: 15 INT (I think it's reasonable to put 30 up as a goal)
87.2 QB rating (Not top 10, but for KC it would be a breath of fresh air)
19 sacks (this would be incredible)

I think those numbers are attainable and if our oline plays as well as that last number would indicate then its safe to assume that we are really firing as an offense and our run game is complementing nicely, keeping those rush ends honest. Playoffs would be possible. Manning put up these numbers with a middle of the pack rush offense and found 9 wins. I think we'd be capable of putting up MUCH better rushing numbers, so 10 or 11 wins would be conceivable. Denver may go 13-3 though, so... Wildcard or bust.

patteeu 03-26-2013 08:59 AM

Quote:

a) You didn't say this decade and Brad freaking Johnson wasn't this decade so don't move the goal posts.

b) It's way too early to talk about this decade. We don't know if people like Russell Wilson, Colin Kaepernick, and Andy Dalton will pan out or not.

Katie 03-26-2013 09:23 AM

I don't know if we'll win a play off game. We couldn't do that with a good QB, but I do think we have a winning record.

Mav 03-26-2013 12:58 PM

Quote:

Rolls eyes.

Russell Wilson, Colin Kaepernick, Andy Dalton.

It can be done.........

Mav 03-26-2013 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9529460)

The same way you believe that matt barkley is anything other than a worse version of alex smith, or mark sanchez......

Thats what amazes me with you.......He was on a loaded ****ing usc team and blew monkey balls, yet you want to sit here and rag on smith? bitch, please......

Mav 03-26-2013 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaepernick (Post 9529474)
Battered fan syndrome?

Stockholm syndrome. Been hostages of Alex too long?

Alex is a vampire who sucks their blood?

Beats the shit out of me.

I've known some loser types who had to sabotage themselves at everything and pull defeat from the jaws of victory. Maybe it is just loser types who identify with another loser and want to wallow in Loser World.

"Hey, my QB is a loser. See, it's not so bad after all. We can all be losers together. One big loser family. Group hug!"

says the reerun with the major hard on for the franchise qb drafted in the second round who couldnt get 7 yards on four attempts thus becoming the first 49ers qb to ever lose a super bowl....

Back to your blow up doll gay pirate......

Sorter 03-26-2013 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9530096)
a) You didn't say this decade and Brad freaking Johnson wasn't this decade so don't move the goal posts.

b) It's way too early to talk about this decade. We don't know if people like Russell Wilson, Colin Kaepernick, and Andy Dalton will pan out or not.

I think it is fairly safe to say that the first 2 QBs you listed are likely to "pan out".

Reerun_KC 03-26-2013 01:05 PM

Every time I read the title for this thread "Expectations and Alex Smith"

I just start ROFL then LMAO, then start to :hmmm: then I quickly turn to :( then it ends in :crybaby:

Smiff ends any expectations for anything meaningful...

Mav 03-26-2013 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 9530734)
Every time I read the title for this thread "Expectations and Alex Smith"

I just start ROFL then LMAO, then start to :hmmm: then I quickly turn to :( then it ends in :crybaby:

Smiff ends any expectations for anything meaningful...

Right because things we so hopeful with MATT CASSEL......:thumb:

Reerun_KC 03-26-2013 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith Fan (Post 9530735)
Right because things we so hopeful with MATT CASSEL......:thumb:

Right, so go trade for an identical clone... Yeah that makes sense... :thumb:

Ace Gunner 03-26-2013 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ponderception (Post 9530731)
I think it is fairly safe to say that the first 2 QBs you listed are likely to "pan out".

really. I would not say that. both are "system QB" players so far.

ChiefsCountry 03-26-2013 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith Fan (Post 9530722)
The same way you believe that matt barkley is anything other than a worse version of alex smith, or mark sanchez......

Thats what amazes me with you.......He was on a loaded ****ing usc team and blew monkey balls, yet you want to sit here and rag on smith? bitch, please......

You are a whiny **** so nothing amazes me with you. **** off troll.

Sorter 03-26-2013 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzz_TinBalls (Post 9530738)
really. I would not say that. both are "system QB" players so far.

ROFL

Please define "System QBs" then explain how both are "system QBs".

Mav 03-26-2013 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 9530737)
Right, so go trade for an identical clone... Yeah that makes sense... :thumb:

Thats a myopic opinion. I have never understood the comparison at all.

They are very disimilar.

Matt cassel is porta potty poop at a country music festival from a big hairy fat guy, and alex smith is more like fancy restaurant quality turd squirt from the ass of a beautiful girl.

Two way different grades of poop here......

Mav 03-26-2013 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9530739)
You are a whiny **** so nothing amazes me with you. **** off troll.

Truth hurt there silly boy?

I insult your hero and you get all ass sensitive.

Cute. Hilarious, you rip me for liking a mediocre qb, yet, you slobber all over one that prolly will never even be as good as the one you hate.

Hilarious......

Pasta Little Brioni 03-26-2013 01:14 PM

In the end, they are both Shit Puppets.

Mav 03-26-2013 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ponderception (Post 9530752)
ROFL

Please define "System QBs" then explain how both are "system QBs".

Got me. Good call.

Alex Smith is defintely a system qb. He has to be surrounded by talent and not asked to do too much. I saw Matt Cassel as a beneficiary of Randy Moss, and Wes Welker, being taken by a clueless gm and being paraded as the franchise savior. Not really sure WHAT system would help matt cassel.....

Mav 03-26-2013 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9530761)
In the end, they are both Shit Puppets.

Truth.....

Pasta Little Brioni 03-26-2013 01:17 PM

The Shit Winds are blowin at Arrowhead boy only they are a bit less smelly this time.

Sorter 03-26-2013 01:18 PM

Still waiting for Lou_Zare...

patteeu 03-26-2013 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ponderception (Post 9530731)

That's what people around here were saying about Mark Sanchez a few years ago. I'm content to take a wait and see approach.

Sorter 03-26-2013 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9530877)
That's what people around here were saying about Mark Sanchez a few years ago. I'm content to take a wait and see approach.

I would argue that both showed more throughout the regular season and post-season than Sanchez but it is just an opinion.

Mav 03-26-2013 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ponderception (Post 9530899)
I would argue that both showed more throughout the regular season and post-season than Sanchez but it is just an opinion.

I would concur. The bust probability for Wilson, is near zero, and Kaepernicks is not much higher than that......

Alex Smith 4Ever 03-26-2013 03:53 PM

Alex Smith is a hero. He will change this franchise and he will change your hearts. Just wait

HemiEd 03-26-2013 04:02 PM

Late to the thread, as I have been traveling.

My expectations are for Alex Smith to be able to put his hat on his head without missing and having to fake scratching his noggin.

I also expect him to do the occasional TD celebration without missing his team mates entirely and stupidly falling on his ass in front of the world.

Furthermore, I expect him to be able to overthrow a receiver in the endzone, without hitting a goal post.

Other than that, I expect the same of what we have been seeing for years, since the team is doing the same thing it has done for years.

milkman 03-26-2013 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ayleswbj (Post 9529808)
This years QB class is weak and a total waste of a pick. Grab them in the late rounds, wait for next years Elite class. If all of the Chiefs fans think Alex is so bad then you will have a choice at the Cream of the Crop next season. Not one QB this year could even carry these guys jocks straps on the field. Including GENO!!

I am fairly certain that I've read this same god damn post every yearf ince I joined the old Star board back in '97.

Dumbass true fan mantra.

Wait til next year.

milkman 03-26-2013 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith Fan (Post 9530753)
Thats a myopic opinion. I have never understood the comparison at all.

They are very disimilar.

Matt cassel is porta potty poop at a country music festival from a big hairy fat guy, and alex smith is more like fancy restaurant quality turd squirt from the ass of a beautiful girl.

Two way different grades of poop here......

So, what you're saying is that you'd eat the pretty girl's shit.

Mav 03-26-2013 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9531777)
So, what you're saying is that you'd eat the pretty girl's shit.

not exactly where i was going with it. More like, they are both shit, just one is more high grade of shit.

Dave Lane 12-23-2014 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9523891)
Just to give mine, I expect that in 2013 Alex will play 14-15 games, complete around 64% of his passes for a bit over 3,000 yards, throw maybe 17-18 TDs against 9-10 INTs. I expect that we'll start the year trying to be pass-happy with Alex and it won't work (hence the 9-10 picks). I expect a trajectory much like when we "discovered" Priest Holmes in 2001 and began to run the offense through him as the season progressed (although I do think Trent Green was a better QB than Alex will be). Things will settle down and I expect that Jamaal Charles will have a career best in total yardage, and the Chiefs will be top 10 in rushing, while bottom 10 in passing. I expect Dwayne Bowe to be underutilized, with most of the focus on short passing to backs and slot receivers, although he'll still manage his requisite 800-1000 yards despite that. I think Donnie Avery may have a second consecutive career year, again pushing 800 yards. I expect that we'll all see Reid try to incorporate McCluster into the offense, and it still won't work. End result is 7-8 wins, with a lot of losses under 7 points (the defense is going to be pretty good), so close but not quite there for a wild card. I expect Alex Smith to get his extension after this season (if he doesn't get it before that).

Then in 2014 I expect Alex Smith to have what will be, for him, a career year. 65% passing for 3500 yards, 20 TD, 6 INT. Jamaal Charles (or a backup, he may be run into the ground by season's end) will post another career year. The passing offense's rank will rise into middle-of-the-league, while the rushing offense will remain top-5. The defense will be a bit better, giving us some victories in close games we lost in 2013. The team will win 9-10 games and make the playoffs, where they'll lose a low scoring wild card game to a team they should beat (or may have beaten during the season).

'15-'17 will be more of the same, falling somewhere between 7-9 and 11-5 every year, 3000-3500 yards annually for Alex, probably not much more than 20 TDs in any season. We'll be back to full martyball, basically, with everything centering around defense and running game, although that's obviously counter to Andy Reid's career trends. I think it's possible we win a playoff game or two. I don't think we'll be a super bowl contender, although there have been fluky wins by teams in the past, so anything's possible.

Some of this was pretty close. Not the good parts though.

Dave Lane 12-23-2014 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith 4Ever (Post 9531127)
Alex Smith is a hero. He will change this franchise and he will change your hearts. Just wait

This one not so much.

Hammock Parties 12-23-2014 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Elvis (Post 9524287)
If Alex Smith can post Trent Green type numbers, .

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL: