ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Misc Pot Legal in Colorado and Washington for Recreational Use (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266302)

Rain Man 01-03-2014 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 10331842)
Even as a big proponent to this whole thing, this stuff worries me. I'm all for pot tourists coming in and spending money in our state, but I don't want the quality of our workforce to suffer in the long run.

On the other hand, I also believe it's a remote possibility that there are a ton of productive pot smokers out there in the world that we've never heard about because of the obvious social stigma associated with it. Who knows - it's not completely out of the question that many perfectly productive people will be attracted to the state too.

Time will tell.

I wasn't a fan of legalization from a social perspective, but I can see the other side's argument and had moved toward the fence. If 50+ percent of the people in the state want it I'm willing to go along with the experiment. My business thrives on uncertainty and change, so I'll probably come out a winner personally.

And yeah, I'm sure that a majority of the population of smokers are productive people. If 10 percent of the population over 25 smokes marijuana (the latest estimate I've read), the numbers argue for it. And I personally know people that I respect a lot who use it.

My concern is that those people already have jobs in Chicago or Charleston or Boise, and they have actual lives. They're probably not going to say, "Ohhh, weed", and pack up the car and move here. The ones who say, "Ohhh, weed", and pack up and move here are the ones who have nothing else to do and are just watching TV all day. Of course, they're also the group who probably will get distracted or bored halfway through the trip, so they'll all end up living in Kansas or Utah.

As your bit of trivia for the day, I read estimates recently that 2/3 of marijuana consumption by volume is by the 18 percent of users who smoke more than 20 days per month. So if 20 percent of the adult population uses marijuana, 2/3rd of the market volume is being purchased by less than 4 percent of the population.

jspchief 01-03-2014 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 10331832)
It will take a cultural change rather than a legal change. If an employer loses out on too much talent because they drug test, they'll stop doing it. I'm fine with that. The Feds have said that they are backing off states where it is being decriminalized to allow the experiment. There will still be specific instances where they will get involved, but the AG stated that the administration wants to see how this pans out.

Employers still have to deal with insurance. What will it do to their workman's comp rates if they don't drug screen?

ToxSocks 01-03-2014 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 10331921)
Heh...in looking around just now, apparently the Denver Post now has a completely separate website specifically for weed news.

http://www.thecannabist.co/

That website is hilarious. I never thought i'd see the day...commercialized MJ.

It's kinda neat to take a look at the subculture that prohibition played a huge hand in creating.

ToxSocks 01-03-2014 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 10331937)
I wasn't a fan of legalization from a social perspective, but I can see the other side's argument and had moved toward the fence. If 50+ percent of the people in the state want it I'm willing to go along with the experiment. My business thrives on uncertainty and change, so I'll probably come out a winner personally.

And yeah, I'm sure that a majority of the population of smokers are productive people. If 10 percent of the population over 25 smokes marijuana (the latest estimate I've read), the numbers argue for it. And I personally know people that I respect a lot who use it.

My concern is that those people already have jobs in Chicago or Charleston or Boise, and they have actual lives. They're probably not going to say, "Ohhh, weed", and pack up the car and move here. The ones who say, "Ohhh, weed", and pack up and move here are the ones who have nothing else to do and are just watching TV all day. Of course, they're also the group who probably will get distracted or bored halfway through the trip, so they'll all end up living in Kansas or Utah.

As your bit of trivia for the day, I read estimates recently that 2/3 of marijuana consumption by volume is by the 18 percent of users who smoke more than 20 days per month. So if 20 percent of the adult population uses marijuana, 2/3rd of the market volume is being purchased by less than 4 percent of the population.

I think you're overly worried about the amount of people who are going to want to move to CO just for the weed. I'd guess it'd be an extremely small group of people.

Pot is abundant everywhere and it being illegal in certain states never stopped anyone from smoking it.

Pot is legal in CO. Great. But i've been smoking it for years here in CA with no repercussions and it's very, very easy to get. Pot being legal simply isn't incentive enough to get up and switch states....especially for a stoner.

I could imagine there being a shit load of tourism though.

jspchief 01-03-2014 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 10331973)
I think you're overly worried about the amount of people who are going to want to move to CO just for the weed. I'd guess it'd be an extremely small group of people.

Pot is abundant everywhere and it being illegal in certain states never stopped anyone from smoking it.

Pot is legal in CO. Great. But i've been smoking it for years here in CA with no repercussions and it's very, very easy to get. Pot being legal simply isn't incentive enough to get up and switch states....especially for a stoner.

I could imagine there being a shit load of tourism though.

People have been making stupid choices in the name of smoking weed for a long time. This will bring in morons in droves.

ToxSocks 01-03-2014 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 10331980)
People have been making stupid choices in the name of smoking weed for a long time. This will bring in morons in droves.

I disagree. I don't see how you can come to that conclusion at all as far as permanent residency. Tourism, of course. But people packing up and moving to CO? I don't think so. There will likely be an extremely small group of smokers and entrepreneurs.

Anyone who is so in love with Pot that they'd consider moving likely already has an abundant source. Most smokers already have a source for getting weed.

Being able to walk into a store to buy pot simply isn't enough incentive to make a permanent residency change for most users. It's just as easy to drive to your dealers house or call for a delivery.

underEJ 01-03-2014 02:59 PM

There may be an initial surge of morons particularly ones who see an opportunity to supply non-green states, but dust settles and the benefit of open use for regular people free from the risk of prosecution and 'just say no' rhetoric will likely spread legalization to other states faster than the destruction of Colorado's workforce could happen. Just add a when and why did you relocate section to your interview process if you are a business owner worried about inadvertently hiring some of those morons when they run out of people in other states to do pot business with and finally do have to get a job.

jspchief 01-03-2014 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 10331995)
I disagree. I don't see how you can come to that conclusion at all as far as permanent residency. Tourism, of course. But people packing up and moving to CO? I don't think so. There will likely be an extremely small group of smokers and entrepreneurs.

Anyone who is so in love with Pot that they'd consider moving likely already has an abundant source. Most smokers already have a source for getting weed.

Being able to walk into a store to buy pot simply isn't enough incentive to make a permanent residency change for most users. It's just as easy to drive to your dealers house or call for a delivery.

People risk their jobs daily to smoke pot.

ToxSocks 01-03-2014 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 10332047)
People risk their jobs daily to smoke pot.

There is a huge difference between taking the risk of MAYBE getting caught with a dirty piss test and completely leaving behind your community, friends, family and Job simply because store bought pot is slightly more convenient than calling your friend.

We have to apply some common sense here and not just stick to your preconceived idea of a pothead.

Also, any pothead that can afford to pack up and start a new life in a new state is likely already a productive person and will only continue to be productive in CO.

Im sorry, but the lazy, has no job, sits at home with ma and has no ambition kind of pot head won't have the resources or desire to move to CO. How is a poor, lazy stoner going to move to another state?

Again, apply some common sense to the situation.

listopencil 01-03-2014 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 10332087)
There is a huge difference between taking the risk of MAYBE getting caught with a dirty piss test and completely leaving behind your community, friends, family and Job simply because store bought pot is slightly more convenient than calling your friend.

We have to apply some common sense here and not just stick to your preconceived idea of a pothead.

Also, any pothead that can afford to pack up and start a new life in a new state is likely already a productive person and will only continue to be productive in CO.

Im sorry, but the lazy, has no job, sits at home with ma and has no ambition kind of pot head won't have the resources or desire to move to CO. How is a poor, lazy stoner going to move to another state?

Hitchhiking (or tagging along) with someone else. It happens a lot.

listopencil 01-03-2014 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 10331948)
Employers still have to deal with insurance. What will it do to their workman's comp rates if they don't drug screen?

From my brief research it could screw them over quite a bit.

Rain Man 01-03-2014 03:21 PM

So detoxing, it sounds like you assume that the risk of arrest is zero? I was assuming that that would be the draw to the archetypal stoner, not just convenience.

I would swear that one of the big arguments for legalization was that assertion that millions of innocent marijuana users are languishing in jails.

KC native 01-03-2014 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 10332087)

ROFL You are aware you're posting on overreactionplanet right?

Rain Man 01-03-2014 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 10332100)

You're a Coloradan or former Coloradan, right? Drugs or no drugs, we get a fair number of those people. Colorado has always been seen as a good place to escape for people.

ToxSocks 01-03-2014 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 10332100)

I'd venture to say that hitchhiking potheads traveling the country is going to be an extremely small minority, especially with this generation.

My point is, there won't be any "droves" like others are saying.

I just don't believe there will enough of "that type" to make any substantial impact on CO.

jspchief 01-03-2014 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 10332124)
I'd venture to say that hitchhiking potheads traveling the country is going to be an extremely small minority, especially with this generation.

I just don't believe there will enough of "that type" to make any substantial impact on CO.

Colorado already attracts an inordinate number of those types.

listopencil 01-03-2014 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 10332113)
You're a Coloradan or former Coloradan, right? Drugs or no drugs, we get a fair number of those people. Colorado has always been seen as a good place to escape for people.

Yup. I lived in Boulder and Longmont back in the 80's. Went to High School in both places. As I recall there has been a massive migration to Colorado over the last several decades. There were "Native" license plates back then and a huge backlash against the migrants.

listopencil 01-03-2014 03:28 PM

Quote:

They do it out here in California all of the time. It's not unusual for the responsible smokers to ferry their loser friends around, up and down the state and across into others.

ToxSocks 01-03-2014 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 10332107)
So detoxing, it sounds like you assume that the risk of arrest is zero? I was assuming that that would be the draw to the archetypal stoner, not just convenience.

I would swear that one of the big arguments for legalization was that assertion that millions of innocent marijuana users are languishing in jails.

The risk of arrest isn't large enough to make the majority of users skip states. Unless of course you are a grower/seller. Simple users usually don't wind up in jail.

Pot is simply too easy to NOT be caught with.

Katipan 01-03-2014 03:32 PM

You can't be a lifetime pot aficionado without a measure of discretion. If I get caught with it, I'm probably doing something else wrong. So it being illegal is silly to me, but not anything that determines whether or not I'll do it.

I think pot heads all over are rah rah rahing not because they plan a mass exodus but because CO offers a glimpse at what could be.

Katipan 01-03-2014 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 10332156)
The risk of arrest isn't large enough to make the majority of users skip states. Unless of course you are a grower/seller. Simple users usually don't wind up in jail.

Pot is simply too easy to NOT be caught with.

Yeah what he said.

ToxSocks 01-03-2014 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 10332149)
They do it out here in California all of the time. It's not unusual for the responsible smokers to ferry their loser friends around, up and down the state and across into others.

I've never seen one.

Again, that kind of person would be such a small minority it's almost not even worth mentioning. The vast majority of smokers aren't going skip states to CO for permanent residency. It's simply not worth it. Pot isn't that great, it's not hard to get at all and the repercussions for using it simply isn't that harsh. Im not saying that people won't go, just saying that it won't be enough to matter.

I have plenty of pot smoking friends....none of them are making plans to move to CO.

ToxSocks 01-03-2014 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katipan (Post 10332163)
You can't be a lifetime pot aficionado without a measure of discretion. If I get caught with it, I'm probably doing something else wrong. So it being illegal is silly to me, but not anything that determines whether or not I'll do it.

I think pot heads all over are rah rah rahing not because they plan a mass exodus but because CO offers a glimpse at what could be.

This.

Katipan 01-03-2014 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 10332178)
I have plenty of pot smoking friends....none of them are making plans to move to CO.

How many are planning a fun Easter vacation tho? :D

ToxSocks 01-03-2014 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katipan (Post 10332184)

THAT i wouldn't doubt.

Gonna see a lot of hitchhikers that week i suppose.

Rain Man 01-03-2014 03:40 PM

Quote:

Define "drove" and show me where anyone has said that. I'm not expecting an Oklahoma land rush, but it would be naive to think that there won't be some migration into the state as a result.

Rain Man 01-03-2014 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katipan (Post 10332184)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 10332193)
THAT i wouldn't doubt.

Gonna see a lot of hitchhikers that week i suppose.

So this is perhaps what I don't understand, then. If marijuana is easy and convenient in one's home state, and there's no risk of arrest, why come to Colorado just to smoke marijuana? Is it just a novelty thing that you'd do once?

ToxSocks 01-03-2014 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 10331980)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 10332194)
Define "drove" and show me where anyone has said that. I'm not expecting an Oklahoma land rush, but it would be naive to think that there won't be some migration into the state as a result.

I agree that there will be some migration. Just not enough to have a significant impact. You should be more worried about your own potheads rather than another state's.

ToxSocks 01-03-2014 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 10332204)
So this is perhaps what I don't understand, then. If marijuana is easy and convenient in one's home state, and there's no risk of arrest, why come to Colorado just to smoke marijuana? Is it just a novelty thing that you'd do once?

Why do potheads flock to Amsterdam?

Why do partiers flock to Vegas?

listopencil 01-03-2014 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 10332178)
I've never seen one.

Again, that kind of person would be such a small minority it's almost not even worth mentioning. The vast majority of smokers aren't going skip states to CO for permanent residency. It's simply not worth it. Pot isn't that great, it's not hard to get at all and the repercussions for using it simply isn't that harsh. Im not saying that people won't go, just saying that it won't be enough to matter.

It may be an age/demographic thing. The ones I am thinking of are young, mostly childless, and have jobs (careers) that they can easily relocate with. There is a second group who are older, have children who are 5+ years old, and are pretty settled in their lifestyles. I don't think people from this second group would move.

listopencil 01-03-2014 03:45 PM

Quote:

The communal experience of being around other people who share your lifestyle, even when they really don't.

Katipan 01-03-2014 03:46 PM

Quote:

Because I will get to stand in a store in front of a bright and friendly probably semi alternative pierced chick and legally buy a bag of beautiful stuff. Stuff I can't get here for that price or quality.

I feel the same way about people that go to Vegas. I don't gamble and I've certainly seen enough tits and ass to cover 1000 men. But flock to Vegas they do.

Rain Man 01-03-2014 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 10332210)
Why do potheads flock to Amsterdam?

Why do partiers flock to Vegas?

I always assumed that potheads went to Amsterdam because of the fear of arrest in other places. But apparently that's not accurate at all, since I heard the other day that marijuana is actually illegal there too, but it's just "tolerated". I would've sworn it was legal there.

The Vegas thing is interesting. Why do partiers go to Vegas? Is it because there's an infrastructure there of bars and strip clubs and stuff? I don't really think it's just that. I figure it's more of a culture where "I can misbehave and probably won't get arrested or see anyone I know". I hope people don't do the marijuana tourism thing in Colorado for that reason. I don't envision this place becoming a big outdoor party.

Now that I think about it, where will the marijuana tourists smoke? I don't think they can smoke at the shops that sell it. They can't smoke in public on the streets. They can't smoke in restaurants or bars. Maybe they can smoke in their hotel rooms if they get a smoking room, but that doesn't seem like a wild time. I've never thought about that.

Rain Man 01-03-2014 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katipan (Post 10332227)
Because I will get to stand in a store in front of a bright and friendly probably semi alternative pierced chick and legally buy a bag of beautiful stuff. Stuff I can't get here for that price or quality.

I feel the same way about people that go to Vegas. I don't gamble and I've certainly seen enough tits and ass to cover 1000 men. But flock to Vegas they do.

I'm a babe in the woods on marijuana buying, so I didn't know this. I assumed that the underground market was like a big supermarket where you could shop around and find the type and quality you wanted. I guess this would be more organized with glass cases and stuff, eh?

Donger 01-03-2014 03:53 PM

At least when we have a north wind, it doesn't smell only like horseshit from Wyoming now.

Donger 01-03-2014 03:53 PM

I'm surprised the stoners haven't freaked out about the tax rate yet. They are all probably too high to notice.

hometeam 01-03-2014 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 10332250)
I'm a babe in the woods on marijuana buying, so I didn't know this. I assumed that the underground market was like a big supermarket where you could shop around and find the type and quality you wanted. I guess this would be more organized with glass cases and stuff, eh?

Just sayin, I can get the same quality pot here in MO.

.. .Because I know a guy who makes frequent trips to Colorado.

ZAM!

hometeam 01-03-2014 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 10332256)
I'm surprised the stoners haven't freaked out about the tax rate yet. They are all probably too high to notice.

It started out yesterday at approx. 80-90 an OZ for top shelf, which is slightly less than black market value, so no, they aren't going to bitch, its still savings.

Now, I hear the shit is bringing 4 or 500 an OZ. Supply and demand, 'merica.

Donger 01-03-2014 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 10332265)

ZAM!

It's illegal to take it over Colorado state lines, IIRC.

Katipan 01-03-2014 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 10332250)

Heh, I wish. Obviously the bigger the city the better the supply but lets talk about where I live. :p Not only are you at the mercy of sometimes unpredictable schedules, but also unpredictable quality. Mexican brick weed, for lack of a better term, you can't find in Colorado. And if I showed it to you, even your untrained eye would recognize the difference between wine and a wine cooler. And an ounce of brick is sold here for what an ounce of medicinal grade is being sold there.

Can I get medicinal? Sure. But the competition for it is stronger and the prices 4 times higher. $80 eighths aren't uncommon. Plus it stinks. And I have kids. And a town where we are all pretty much related.

And my pot dealer is kind of rude to men. Which is inconvenient for me when I bring men around her.

hometeam 01-03-2014 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 10332268)
It's illegal to take it over Colorado state lines, IIRC.

Your right.

We are talking about black market here, so legalities really mean nothing, and REALLY meant nothing until this week.

ToxSocks 01-03-2014 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 10332245)
I always assumed that potheads went to Amsterdam because of the fear of arrest in other places. But apparently that's not accurate at all, since I heard the other day that marijuana is actually illegal there too, but it's just "tolerated". I would've sworn it was legal there.

The Vegas thing is interesting. Why do partiers go to Vegas? Is it because there's an infrastructure there of bars and strip clubs and stuff? I don't really think it's just that. I figure it's more of a culture where "I can misbehave and probably won't get arrested or see anyone I know". I hope people don't do the marijuana tourism thing in Colorado for that reason. I don't envision this place becoming a big outdoor party.

Now that I think about it, where will the marijuana tourists smoke? I don't think they can smoke at the shops that sell it. They can't smoke in public on the streets. They can't smoke in restaurants or bars. Maybe they can smoke in their hotel rooms if they get a smoking room, but that doesn't seem like a wild time. I've never thought about that.

Denver and every other city that can accommodate tourists is going to get $$$$. People are going to want to smoke with like minded people, try the local product out and experience a new scene that is developing in CO. Im sure there will be an abundance of places and people celebrating 420 there.

Im also sure that large CO cities will be more than accommodating for that special day.

$$$$$

Rausch 01-03-2014 04:03 PM

Wake me when it's "shroom" time...

hometeam 01-03-2014 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10332296)
Wake me when it's "shroom" time...

You live in JC? Pm me! LOL

ps: satire.

Donger 01-03-2014 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 10332294)
Denver and every other city that can accommodate tourists is going to get $$$$. People are going to want to smoke with like minded people, try the local product out and experience a new scene that is developing in CO. Im sure there will be an abundance of places and people celebrating 420 there.

Im also sure that large CO cities will be more than accommodating for that special day.

$$$$$

It's only legally sold in nine cities and seven counties in Colorado. I'll see if I can find a map or something.

Katipan 01-03-2014 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 10332256)

They've already been paying that tax rate their entire pot lives.

It's not a pretty map, but a nice list.
http://www.coloradonorml.org/recreational-marijuana/

KC native 01-03-2014 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 10332265)

ZAM!

Cali is still miles ahead of Colorado in terms of overall quality. There's great stuff coming out of both places, but Cali is more consistent.

Also, the highways coming from the direction of Colorado are hot as **** in terms of law enforcement. I know 2 people who have been busted coming back from Colorado in the Texas panhandle.

Texas gets a steady supply from both states (also there's a healthy grow scene in Houston which puts out good stuff too).

Rausch 01-03-2014 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 10332304)
You live in JC? Pm me! LOL

ps: satire.

Pm: really do PM me if you get some shrooms...

KC native 01-03-2014 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 10332245)

It's easy to discreetly smoke in public. I do it when I travel all the time.

ToxSocks 01-03-2014 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 10332384)
It's easy to discreetly smoke in public. I do it when I travel all the time.

Especially with the new "E-Cigs".

Completely odorless, small, portable electronic vaporizers. And they get you high as **** too.

KC native 01-03-2014 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 10332422)
Especially with the new "E-Cigs".

Completely odorless, small, portable electronic vaporizers. And they get you high as **** too.

They're not completely odorless but yes. I love my micro g pen (uses BHO).

58-4ever 01-03-2014 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10332380)
Pm: really do PM me if you get some shrooms...

I'd love to be a part of this thread.... allegedly

Katipan 01-03-2014 04:44 PM

I want infused water. Or trail mix. Someone needs to corner the market on healthy organic edibles. Cookies and brownies are fun and all but we're going to have an increase in obese people.

Rausch 01-03-2014 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 58-4ever (Post 10332436)
I'd love to be a part of this thread.... allegedly

Relax.

Think of the last time someone's door got kicked in for cow-aCid..

58-4ever 01-03-2014 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katipan (Post 10332444)
I want infused water. Or trail mix. Someone needs to corner the market on healthy organic edibles. Cookies and brownies are fun and all but we're going to have an increase in obese people.

They have breath strips and all kinds of stuff with zero calories

Katipan 01-03-2014 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 58-4ever (Post 10332449)
They have breath strips and all kinds of stuff with zero calories

Well now that's pretty exciting!

58-4ever 01-03-2014 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10332446)
Relax.

Think of the last time someone's door got kicked in for cow-aCid..

Oh I'm calm!

58-4ever 01-03-2014 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katipan (Post 10332451)
Well now that's pretty exciting!

Gotta be real careful with edibles though... its a much different high and turns into a completely different chemical than when smoked.

Rausch 01-03-2014 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 58-4ever (Post 10332453)
Oh I'm calm!

Cool.

Cool.

Now watch the flick.

It's H U G E

No...I have no idea why Bob Geldof was the lead until...yeah.....

KC native 01-03-2014 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 58-4ever (Post 10332458)
Gotta be real careful with edibles though... its a much different high and turns into a completely different chemical than when smoked.

Same chemical. There's no wasted amount and it has a different onset time. Definitely more intense if the edibles are overly strong.

58-4ever 01-03-2014 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 10332479)
Same chemical. There's no wasted amount and it has a different onset time. Definitely more intense if the edibles are overly strong.

wrong. your liver metabolizes it into a different chemical than when you smoke it. I'd google it but I'm on a plane and lazy.

58-4ever 01-03-2014 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 58-4ever (Post 10332520)
wrong. your liver metabolizes it into a different chemical than when you smoke it. I'd google it but I'm on a plane and lazy.

Ok, here you go

http://www.marijuanagrowershq.com/ho...and-tinctures/

Rain Man 01-03-2014 05:31 PM

Here's an interesting article on "64 questions about marijuana in Colorado":

http://www.denverpost.com/marijuana/...ce=most_viewed

Cannibal 01-03-2014 08:17 PM

I tried the marijuana soda a couple of years ago. Of course it was purchased in Denver.

But the soda was a totally overpowering, intense experience. Made us very paranoid. We were watching an episode of Breaking Bad and it was totally trippy, but we were so paranoid that it just sucked as an overall experience.

Cannibal 01-03-2014 08:19 PM

Current job doesn't allow me to do weed, but if I could, I'd would just do a couple of shots of the weed soda along with my beer. That would be so much more enjoyable.

ShowtimeSBMVP 03-10-2014 03:24 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Colorado officials report roughly $2 million in recreational pot taxes in January, 1st month of sales - <a href="https://twitter.com/AP">@AP</a></p>&mdash; Breaking News (@BreakingNews) <a href="https://twitter.com/BreakingNews/statuses/443135017334870016">March 10, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

BigMeatballDave 03-10-2014 03:27 PM

I fully expect other states to fall in line soon.

****ing cash cow.

saphojunkie 03-10-2014 03:28 PM

Paging California...

Pitt Gorilla 03-10-2014 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 10477459)
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Colorado officials report roughly $2 million in recreational pot taxes in January, 1st month of sales - <a href="https://twitter.com/AP">@AP</a></p>&mdash; Breaking News (@BreakingNews) <a href="https://twitter.com/BreakingNews/statuses/443135017334870016">March 10, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I'm a bit surprised Iowa hasn't already done it.

Katipan 03-10-2014 04:07 PM

Hey I'm part of that number. You're welcome, Colorado!

Katipan 03-10-2014 04:08 PM

Oh. It's for Jan. No I'm not. February should be huge tho :p

-King- 03-10-2014 04:35 PM

Thats not even the actual number. The actual number is much higher.
Posted via Mobile Device

Frosty 03-10-2014 04:51 PM

Washington seems to be doing everything they can to stymie this, like freezing permits to grow or sell it. You would think they would want a piece of the tax dollars. :shrug:

DaFace 03-10-2014 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katipan (Post 10477574)
Hey I'm part of that number. You're welcome, Colorado!

On behalf of Colorado, thank you!

aturnis 03-11-2014 12:04 AM

Why would you think Iowa would legalize? Of course I wish they would, but we're still fighting for medical. We're actually projected to be one of the later states to legalize.

philfree 03-11-2014 12:17 AM

So all that money isn't going to the cartels. What a pity that is. Now multiply that by 50 and imagine that not going to the cartels but instead to law biding tax paying US citizens.

Rausch 03-11-2014 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 10479250)
So all that money isn't going to the cartels. What a pity that is. Now multiply that by 50 and imagine that not going to the cartels but instead to law biding tax paying US citizens.

This is my main argument. I don't even like pot.

I am amazed this is happening so quickly though. Back in high school we'd all talked about how it'd finally be legal once we were too old to smoke it...

philfree 03-11-2014 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10479261)
This is my main argument. I don't even like pot.

I am amazed this is happening so quickly though. Back in high school we'd all talked about how it'd finally be legal once we were too old to smoke it...

If it's legal how could you be to old to smoke it? Be down there with Granny smokin' crawdads with the hippies. Ya'll come back now. Ya hear?

Rausch 03-11-2014 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 10479272)
If it's legal how could you be to old to smoke it? Be down there with Granny smokin' crawdads with the hippies. Ya'll come back now. Ya hear?

I have nothing against it, it's just not my thing.

It's like...ranch dressing.

Can't stand it. If you like it good for you.

Let's hurry up and pass this $3it so we can legalize shrooms...

philfree 03-11-2014 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10479277)
I have nothing against it, it's just not my thing.

It's like...ranch dressing.

Can't stand it. If you like it good for you.

Let's hurry up and pass this $3it so we can legalize shrooms...

Too old for the shrooms. Yikes!