ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Miami's Martin leaves team after 'emotional breakdown' (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=278125)

Gravedigger 11-04-2013 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 10160219)
There are a couple things wrong with your assessment:

1. This has gone far beyond simple name-calling.

2. This is a workplace environment.

1. Nobody knows how far this has gone, until it comes from Incognito, Martin, or the Miami Dolphins investigation into the matter it's all just speculation by media outlets trying to get ahold of texts and one sided dramatizations of what really happened.

2. Then handle it in the workplace. I don't need to see this on Sportscenter every twenty minutes like it deserves everyone's attention. A guy was being racist in a locker room.... wow. No way.... you're kidding me. Racism still exists?

IMO Riley Cooper was caught on tape being racist and angry and now everyone has kind of forgotten about it. There are assholes in every locker room. How many teams has Incognito been on? How many instances do they say this is now? Why are we hearing about it now like its a big deal? What after the fifth or sixth time in two years it's okay to now make it seem like a big deal? Martin should man up, Incognito is suspended, so he can come back to his precious workplace environment and play football again. Oh wait, he still hasn't come back. Martin is a drama filled pinata and anyone who hits him with the next stick will cause him to explode. This is a combination of a sensitive man being poked with a stick by a good ole boy dick. I saw it in College all the time, never did I see it on the evening news.

Gravedigger 11-04-2013 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 10160264)
He may be a huge pussy. Bullshit like this has no place in a professional environment regardless.

Then professionally file a report then, don't throw a tantrum and storm out on your teammates because one guy called you the N word, then let the media get ahole of the story for a few days, THEN file the report and get the guy suspended. He should've never walked out on his team because of racial slurs. That's bullshit.

SAUTO 11-04-2013 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 10160283)
Then professionally file a report then, don't throw a tantrum and storm out on your teammates because one guy called you the N word, then let the media get ahole of the story for a few days, THEN file the report and get the guy suspended. He should've never walked out on his team because of racial slurs. That's bullshit.

obviously it went farther than that, hell it even sounds like some extortion took place.

and im the first guy to say if he had a problem he should have punched incognito in the ****ing face, but am smart enough to understand everyone isn't wired that way.

AND maybe there were other teammates involved.

Garcia Bronco 11-04-2013 06:03 PM

It's more than racist comments...obviously

Brock 11-04-2013 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 10160283)

Why don't you read what happened before spouting off like an ignoramus? The team was aware of what was going on.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/m...ammates-103113

seaofred 11-04-2013 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10160252)
Continue to speculate and reach at straws.

So, are you saying we have all the facts? I think Richie is 100% guilty, but I don't think we know everything about this situation.

Gravedigger 11-04-2013 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 10160302)
Why don't you read what happened before spouting off like an ignoramus? The team was aware of what was going on.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/m...ammates-103113

Then why didn't they handle it before it became a media circus? Teams like to let things go if there isn't much hooplah about them, but when the media outlets start paying attention then it's time for action. Did you read my comments or did you feel like spouting off like an ignoramus (great word choice by the way)? Read my post of questions, I can assure you not all the answers are in that report.

planetdoc 11-04-2013 06:25 PM

PSA Features Richie Incognito Encouraging Fans To Be Civilized
youtube.com/watch?v=vDpVBZmqgls

(dont have ability to post links yet)

Marcellus 11-04-2013 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 10160277)
if pouncey was involved on incognito's side why would his dad throw pouncey under the bus over supposed drug use?

Where is it implied Pouncey is on Incognito's side?

ThaVirus 11-04-2013 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 10160279)
1. Nobody knows how far this has gone, until it comes from Incognito, Martin, or the Miami Dolphins investigation into the matter it's all just speculation by media outlets trying to get ahold of texts and one sided dramatizations of what really happened.

2. Then handle it in the workplace. I don't need to see this on Sportscenter every twenty minutes like it deserves everyone's attention. A guy was being racist in a locker room.... wow. No way.... you're kidding me. Racism still exists?

IMO Riley Cooper was caught on tape being racist and angry and now everyone has kind of forgotten about it. There are assholes in every locker room. How many teams has Incognito been on? How many instances do they say this is now? Why are we hearing about it now like its a big deal? What after the fifth or sixth time in two years it's okay to now make it seem like a big deal? Martin should man up, Incognito is suspended, so he can come back to his precious workplace environment and play football again. Oh wait, he still hasn't come back. Martin is a drama filled pinata and anyone who hits him with the next stick will cause him to explode. This is a combination of a sensitive man being poked with a stick by a good ole boy dick. I saw it in College all the time, never did I see it on the evening news.

Have you read any of the reports? There was simple name-calling, death threats, threats on family members, threats of physical violence, extortion.

And apparently it's not even just reports. Martin has turned over evidence of all of this in text and voice messages to the NFLPA for them to investigate.

SAUTO 11-04-2013 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 10160050)
I thought I heard Pouncey's name in there too

right here

SAUTO 11-04-2013 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 10160385)
Where is it implied Pouncey is on Incognito's side?

quote above looks like that.

it wasn't really pointed at you, **** I don't really know why I quoted your post...

Gravedigger 11-04-2013 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 10160392)
Have you read any of the reports? There was simple name-calling, death threats, threats on family members, threats of physical violence, extortion.

And apparently it's not even just reports. Martin has turned over evidence of all of this in text and voice messages to the NFLPA for them to investigate.

But if this was happening for 1 and a half years why now? If someone threatened my family on the first day of training camp I'm not waiting a year and a half to tell my coaches about it. I'm sorry, I feel for him being bullied but he should've stopped it long ago. If he had the evidence he should've turned it in when it happened.

notorious 11-04-2013 06:35 PM

Pouncy is a buddy of Hernandez and this piece of trash?

Damn, he is a piece of shit by association.

SAUTO 11-04-2013 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 10160398)
But if this was happening for 1 and a half years why now? If someone threatened my family on the first day of training camp I'm not waiting 1 year and half to tell my coaches about it. I'm sorry, I feel for him being bullied but he should've stopped it long ago. If he had the evidence he should've turned it in when it happened.

it was obviously still ****ing happening. maybe he was embarrassed, ashamed, scared of what would happen if he told, you know all the feelings that keep the people bullied being bullied...

Marcellus 11-04-2013 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 10160400)
Pouncy is a buddy of Hernandez and this piece of trash?

Damn, he is a piece of shit by association.

I dont think Incognito and Pouncey are buds, his "dad" goes off and him and Martin in a post on that message board and calls them both druggies.

SAUTO 11-04-2013 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 10160409)
I dont think Incognito and Pouncey are buds, his "dad" goes off and him and Martin in a post on that message board and calls them both druggies.

that was my point. I knew you weren't saying they were on the same side.

notorious 11-04-2013 06:42 PM

My mistake.

listopencil 11-04-2013 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco (Post 10160301)
It's more than racist comments...obviously

I think the racist comments just kind of crystallized it for a lot of people. It made Martin more of a sympathetic figure.

the Talking Can 11-04-2013 06:47 PM

Carter, on espn, just said, "if an NFL player says 'I'm going to kill you' then you should be scared"....and brought up Hernandez

funny, but also true

patteeu 11-04-2013 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 10160392)

I don't know how literally we should be taking those "death threats" and "threats to family members". Do you really think he planned on shitting in Martin's mouth?

I'm convinced that there was some over-the-top hazing or bullying going on here, but I think we need to wait to find out what it really was. A few text messages without context aren't enough to tell the whole story. Just imagine if a few ChiefsPlanet posts about Aids trees or antifreeze were reported in a newspaper out of context.

ThaVirus 11-04-2013 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 10160445)
I don't know how literally we should be taking those "death threats" and "threats to family members". Do you really think he planned on shitting in Martin's mouth?

I'm convinced that there was some over-the-top hazing or bullying going on here, but I think we need to wait to find out what it really was. A few text messages without context aren't enough to tell the whole story. Just imagine if a few ChiefsPlanet posts about Aids trees or antifreeze were reported in a newspaper out of context.

The fact that they're coworkers makes context a moot point.

Deberg_1990 11-04-2013 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 10160272)
This should really help his case. I guess this is NSFW.

http://www.tmz.com/2013/11/04/richie...ar-rage-video/

>

Heh, I love it when white guys use the N word to try and be cool. Let's me know who the douche bags are.

Sure-Oz 11-04-2013 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10160464)
Heh, I love it when white guys use the N word to try and be cool. Let's me know who the douche bags are.

Hilarious that they thought he was Kyle Turley

CoMoChief 11-04-2013 07:01 PM

death threats and shit on family members is really crossing the line. I can't seem to think a teammate would be such a dick to do something like that over and over again and treat it like it's fun n games.

most people just handle it themselves...some people can not. I would just do it back to the person that was doing it to me.

COchief 11-04-2013 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swayy07 (Post 10160045)
it makes sense it would get pinned on him.

Maybe it got "pinned" on him because Martin turned over a vmail with Incognito calling him a niger you dipshit?

Nice use of "idk my BFF Jill" btw, what are you, 11?

TOUCHDOWN!!! KC 11-04-2013 07:17 PM

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:9928032

patteeu 11-04-2013 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 10160455)
The fact that they're coworkers makes context a moot point.

:spock: I'm not sure context is ever a moot point.

Iowanian 11-04-2013 07:28 PM

Seems like several Black Dolphins are taking up for Incognito.

If he was a blazing, racist asshole...it kind of seems like they wouldn't do that.

The Chiefs need a guard........I don't really care if he's an asshole if he blocks better than Allen.

Rain Man 11-04-2013 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 10160543)

If he was a blazing, racist asshole...it kind of seems like they wouldn't do that.

The Chiefs need a guard........I don't really care if he's an asshole if he blocks better than Allen.

I think the racist thing is overblown. He was just using it as one more weapon.

No thanks on this guy. I didn't want Romanowski and I don't want this guy. They're toxic, terrible people.

patteeu 11-04-2013 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 10160557)

No thanks on this guy. I didn't want Romanowski and I don't want this guy. They're toxic, terrible people.

Ditto on both.

Deberg_1990 11-04-2013 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 10160557)

Pretty much. IMO, extortion is the most serious charge.

ClevelandBronco 11-04-2013 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 10160521)
:spock: I'm not sure context is ever a moot point.

Not moot, but is there any way you can see that context can remove this situation from a discussion about whether the NFL is above the law concerning a hostile work environment?

patteeu 11-04-2013 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClevelandBronco (Post 10160636)
Not moot, but is there any way you can see that context can remove this situation from a discussion about whether the NFL is above the law concerning a hostile work environment?

I doubt that it should be removed from any discussion related to this problem, but how it fits into the discussion will be determined to some extent by the context.

Garcia Bronco 11-04-2013 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClevelandBronco (Post 10160636)

That's the first thing I said when I heard about it today.

WELCOME TO CORPORATE AMERICA, Dolphins.

Garcia Bronco 11-04-2013 08:12 PM

Quote:

It came across to me that he was using that language to get a rise out of Martin. Either way it looks like Incognito will have to get the NFLPA to get him his job back at this point.

In58men 11-04-2013 08:18 PM

Incognito is a ****ing pussy. He found an easy target on the team and now he's drilling him into the ground. ****in piece of shit. I hope he dies, I wouldn't feel bad.

seaofred 11-04-2013 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 10160759)
Incognito is a ****ing pussy. He found an easy target on the team and now he's drilling him into the ground. ****in piece of shit. I hope he dies, I wouldn't feel bad.

Careful, one might think you are bullying Richie.

CoMoChief 11-04-2013 08:36 PM

I WANT MY NAME CLEARED NOW!!!
-Richie Incognito-

OrtonsPiercedTaint 11-04-2013 08:40 PM

Bully bait!

'Hamas' Jenkins 11-04-2013 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seaofred (Post 10159659)
I agree, and think Richie probably is scum, but there is two sides to every story.

I hate this saying. It's craven bullshit. There are two sides to many stories, but there are not two sides to all stories.

ReynardMuldrake 11-04-2013 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 10160826)
I WANT MY NAME CLEARED NOW!!!
-Richie Incognito-

Done. Your name is cleared from the roster.

crispystl 11-04-2013 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco (Post 10160146)
On the whole thing and the other people involved..

Doing the right thing all the time is sooo very hard. If it were easy, then everybody would do it. The kicker is that if everybody did the right thing, then nobody would learn anything about it. Wrap your mind around that.

What wait......now the kicker is involved too?

patteeu 11-04-2013 09:21 PM

In all the articles and web searches you guys have read/done on this issue, have any of you come across any mention of a wife or girlfriend for Jonathan Martin?

Garcia Bronco 11-04-2013 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crispystl420 (Post 10161011)
What wait......now the kicker is involved too?

LOL

Garcia Bronco 11-04-2013 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 10161017)
In all the articles and web searches you guys have read/done on this issue, have any of you come across any mention of a wife or girlfriend for Jonathan Martin?

No. Does it matter? You think he's a homosexual?

AussieChiefsFan 11-04-2013 09:24 PM

A few days ago, I remember seeing some report of Incognito sending Martin an apology text message.

His words seem like complete bullshit now.

'Hamas' Jenkins 11-04-2013 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 10161017)

Who gives a ****? Does that somehow excuse it? It wasn't the content of the obviously odious message sent from Incognito that we know about, and that message alone is enough to reveal Incognito as a vile shitbag.

Xanathol 11-04-2013 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 10160219)
There are a couple things wrong with your assessment:

1. This has gone far beyond simple name-calling.

2. This is a workplace environment.

Agreed this is beyond the name calling first reported. Doesn't change the facts that Richie is a piece of shit and Martin is a pussy. Today's workplaces could use less pussies and more real talk (no, not the kind of shit RI was saying -he is a shithead that we don't need either).

GoChargers 11-04-2013 09:33 PM

Quote:

You don't want Incognito. He's a dirty player and a liability who constantly gets penalized, and he's apparently a locker room cancer on top of that. I'm actually amazed he's managed to stay in the league this long.

Chaunceythe3rd 11-04-2013 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 10146290)
I have little respect for people that revel in alienating others and making them feel like shit. Some people are different. Some are so different they come off as "weird".

Let that be that and go on about your business.

This. Frat boy behavior by grown men with the minds of teenagers. And someone hired them for big bucks. Does the Wonderlic test indicate maturity? Obviously not. What type of job would Incognito hold outside of professional football? Maybe as a recreation supervisor at the local Y? Probably not. More likely as the night maintenance man.

patteeu 11-04-2013 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco (Post 10161027)
No. Does it matter? You think he's a homosexual?

I think there's more to the story than these texts and high priced dinners. I have no idea what it is, but I think Martin being gay is a possibility.

If, when you ask if it matters, you mean do I think that would justify mistreatment, the answer is no.

wazu 11-04-2013 09:38 PM

One weird thing about this story is that it's O-line. I always figure those guys must be the tightest group on the team. Probably makes it even more volatile when you have this kind of thing going on because of how closely they have to work together.

'Hamas' Jenkins 11-04-2013 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaunceythe3rd (Post 10161091)
This. Frat boy behavior by grown men with the minds of teenagers. And someone hired them for big bucks. Does the Wonderlic test indicate maturity? Obviously not. What type of job would Incognito hold outside of professional football? Maybe as a recreation supervisor at the local Y? Probably not. More likely as the night maintenance man.

He'd be an assistant football coach and substitute health teacher.

Iowanian 11-04-2013 09:39 PM

Ok.

I don't really want Incognito.....but I don't really want Allen either....and I'd be tickled to see someone better in for Hudson too.

GoChargers 11-04-2013 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xanathol (Post 10161072)
Doesn't change the facts that Richie is a piece of shit and Martin is a pussy.

How is Martin a "pussy"? Should he have just taken the racist comments, threats against his family, and extortion and done nothing about it?

If anything, he has brass balls for actually exposing Incognito's vile behavior even though doing so would make him look like a "pussy" and a "snitch" to the good ole' boys club in the NFL.

GoChargers 11-04-2013 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 10161096)
If, when you ask if it matters, you mean do I think that would justify mistreatment, the answer is no.

So then why harp on his sexuality since it's completely irrelevant to the story?

patteeu 11-04-2013 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10161035)
Who gives a ****? Does that somehow excuse it? It wasn't the content of the obviously odious message sent from Incognito that we know about, and that message alone is enough to reveal Incognito as a vile shitbag.

Feel free to fly off half cocked without knowing what's really going on if you'd prefer, but I'm interested in what's really going on in Miami. In other words, I give a ****. If you don't like that, I'm going to drop a bag of dog shit on your front lawn.

Garcia Bronco 11-04-2013 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 10161096)
I think there's more to the story than these texts and high priced dinners. I have no idea what it is, but I think Martin being gay is a possibility.

right on. There certainly is...but just based off what i've read....it seems unlikely to be anything that would change my mind.

'Hamas' Jenkins 11-04-2013 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 10161120)
Feel free to fly off half cocked without knowing what's really going on if you'd prefer, but I'm interested in what's really going on in Miami. In other words, I give a ****. If you don't like that, I'm going to drop a bag of dog shit on your front lawn.

Flying off half-cocked? You're a complete ****ing nutjob, you know that? If he's bullying him for being gay, he's a mother****er. If he's dropping n-bombs on him, he's a mother****er. If he's threatening his family, he's a mother****er.

There is no point to even broach that question except to call into question something about Martin that is immaterial to the story. Does it matter if he's gay? If not, then why bring it up? It's just a chickenshit attempt at victim blaming.

patteeu 11-04-2013 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChargers (Post 10161115)
So then why harp on his sexuality since it's completely irrelevant to the story?

How did you determine that it's completely irrelevant to the story? And what do you mean by "harp"? Do you think being gay is something to be ashamed of and covered up?

Iowanian 11-04-2013 09:45 PM

Martin obviously has the constitution of an English professor.

'Hamas' Jenkins 11-04-2013 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 10161131)
Martin obviously has the constitution of an English professor.

And you the constitution of Incognito with the build of Seth Green.

GoChargers 11-04-2013 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 10161129)
How did you determine that it's completely irrelevant to the story?

You yourself admitted that whether he's gay or not doesn't change the fact that Incognito's bullying was wrong. In other words, his sexuality is completely immaterial to the story, because the story is about Incognito's actions, which would be equally wrong whether Martin is gay or straight.

Quote:

And what do you mean by "harp"? Do you think being gay is something to be ashamed of and covered up?
Huh? That's a pretty big reach. I was referring to your continued posts about how "he might be gay" as if that would change anything.

Saul Good 11-04-2013 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10161126)
Flying off half-cocked? You're a complete ****ing nutjob, you know that? If he's bullying him for being gay, he's a mother****er. If he's dropping n-bombs on him, he's a mother****er. If he's threatening his family, he's a mother****er.

There is no point to even broach that question except to call into question something about Martin that is immaterial to the story. Does it matter if he's gay? If not, then why bring it up? It's just a chickenshit attempt at victim blaming.

So flinging the n word around loosely is unforgivable regardless of the context? Is that what you're saying?

Sure-Oz 11-04-2013 09:49 PM

Incognito is a piece of shit human. Enough said...

Iowanian 11-04-2013 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10161140)
And you the constitution of Incognito with the build of Seth Green.

Shit in your mouth Bob Ross.

Seems Incognito has A LOT in common with Black Jack Savage.........and The Matrix

Mike in SW-MO 11-04-2013 09:50 PM

I think we should stop calling this bullying & hazing. Those are kids games.

This is more correctly allegations of harassment, intimidation, and as previously stated extortion. If there are multiple players involved maybe conspiracy and racketeering.

These are big boy games and serious allegations.

Mike in SW-MO 11-04-2013 09:51 PM

I think we should stop calling this bullying & hazing. Those are kids games.

This is more correctly allegations of harassment, intimidation, and as previously stated extortion. If there are multiple players involved maybe conspiracy and racketeering.

These are big boy games and serious allegations.

'Hamas' Jenkins 11-04-2013 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 10161145)
So flinging the n word around loosely is unforgivable regardless of the context? Is that what you're saying?

You know what context Incognito used it on Martin in.

ClevelandBronco 11-04-2013 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10161156)

Maybe it's a code word for gay.

'Hamas' Jenkins 11-04-2013 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClevelandBronco (Post 10161161)
Maybe it's a code word for gay.

Canadian?

patteeu 11-04-2013 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10161126)

If that's what's motivating his teammates to pick on him, it's completely material to the story.

Yes, half-cocked, as in before you know what's really going on.

We don't really even know for sure that Incognito is the villain and Martin is the saint in this drama. It's highly likely that that's the case, but what if Incognito and his teammates are making Martin's life miserable because of stories about his past involvement in dog fighting or because he told them about his admiration of Osama bin Laden.

And it's only victim blaming if you think being gay is bad. I think you should do some self-examination because I'm not the one drawing that conclusion.

Marcellus 11-04-2013 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10161172)
Canadian?

Ninja?

'Hamas' Jenkins 11-04-2013 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 10161175)
If that's what's motivating his teammates to pick on him, it's completely material to the story.

Yes, half-cocked, as in before you know what's really going on.

We don't really even know for sure that Incognito is the villain and Martin is the saint in this drama. It's highly likely that that's the case, but what if Incognito and his teammates are making Martin's life miserable because of stories about his past involvement in dog fighting or because he told them about his admiration of Osama bin Laden.

And it's only victim blaming if you think being gay is bad. I think you should do some self-examination because I'm not the one drawing that conclusion.

What a load of horseshit that post is.

Perhaps Incognito is keeping Martin from morphing into The Beast by constantly bullying him and that's why he's doing it. Or, perhaps an asshole with a history of being an asshole at Nebraska, Oregon, St. Louis, and now on voicemail in Miami, is just an asshole.

Furthermore, I suggest you look up what a connotation is, because either you're willfully being obtuse and full of shit (which is the likely case) or you have no idea what the connotations are of the words you use and how you structure them.

patteeu 11-04-2013 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChargers (Post 10161142)
You yourself admitted that whether he's gay or not doesn't change the fact that Incognito's bullying was wrong. In other words, his sexuality is completely immaterial to the story, because the story is about Incognito's actions, which would be equally wrong whether Martin is gay or straight.

No. Being gay doesn't justify bullying, but it's completely material and relevant to the story. Why are you so afraid of hearing all the details?

Saul Good 11-04-2013 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10161156)

I'm completely convinced that Incognito is a total piece of shit. However, there could be circumstances that would make it less reprehensible.

Martin is notoriously soft mentally. Maybe he lets trash talk into his head during games, so Incognito said that he would harass Martin until he learned to ignore it...kind of like what drill sergeants do.

I think it's worth hearing his side.

'Hamas' Jenkins 11-04-2013 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 10161196)
I'm completely convinced that Incognito is a total piece of shit. However, there could be circumstances that would make it less reprehensible.

Martin is notoriously soft mentally. Maybe he lets trash talk into his head during games, so Incognito said that he would harass Martin until he learned to ignore it...kind of like what drill sergeants do.

Don't you think that in the near week since this story broke that if Incognito, who has access to multiple media outlets at the drop of a hat, had a story like that he would have A) used it and B) his teammates would have backed him up?

GoChargers 11-04-2013 10:02 PM

Quote:

Martin is notoriously soft mentally.

Yes, Martin is so "soft" for taking threats of violence against himself and his family seriously. He should have just "toughened up" and allowed Incognito to keep barking racist slurs at him without standing up for himself. :rolleyes:

SAUTO 11-04-2013 10:02 PM

Quote:

And he made him pay for a trip to Vegas he wasn't going on to toughen him up?
Posted via Mobile Device