ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football **** OFFICIAL College Football Week 12 Game Thread **** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266613)

notorious 11-17-2012 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9127137)
Boom. So Oregon and KSU are supposed to be better than Alabama, huh?

Who in the **** is saying that?

DeezNutz 11-17-2012 10:38 PM

ND is going to get embarrassed in the title game, should they win at USC, but I don't think that's a sure thing.

Is it possible that we'll see an All-SEC championship again?

Reerun_KC 11-17-2012 10:38 PM

Ah the famous no catch for the TD....

Biggest call of the season...

ImAWalkingCorpse 11-17-2012 10:38 PM

I hate to say this but GO USC....

KC_Connection 11-17-2012 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9127064)
It only says something if they lose.

No, it just says more if they lose. And they did.

Reerun_KC 11-17-2012 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9127149)
ND is going to get embarrassed in the title game, should they win at USC, but I don't think that's a sure thing.

ND loses and Oregon wins PAC 12 they should get back in...

notorious 11-17-2012 10:39 PM

Quote:

Oregon would probably sneak in again even though they wouldn't even win their own conference.

MatriculatingHank 11-17-2012 10:39 PM

Be proud you're a rebel, cause the SOUTH's gonna do it again!

http://www.bloguin.com/crystalballru.../sec-logo.jpeg

KC_Connection 11-17-2012 10:39 PM

Quote:

Hopefully. There are about 4-5 teams in the SEC better than ND.

DeezNutz 11-17-2012 10:39 PM

Yeah, going to call this: ND will not win out, and two SEC teams will play for the championship.

notorious 11-17-2012 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 9127157)

Isn't Stanford in the driver's seat for the PAC 12 championship game?

tk13 11-17-2012 10:40 PM

Quote:

I got laughed at for suggesting that a few weeks ago. It's still in play. Although with Barkley being hurt, odds may be rough for that.

That said, Notre Dame will have the target on their back next week now. It's amazing how different the pressure is when you're the top team.

KC_Connection 11-17-2012 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 9127157)

Can't see ND losing to USC, but I suppose anything is possible.

ImAWalkingCorpse 11-17-2012 10:40 PM

I doubt anyone will care.. but San Jose State is putting on a clinic against BYU.

Coach 11-17-2012 10:40 PM

Quote:

Shut the **** up, you sniviling ****.

Don't ****ing kick a man/team(s) when they're down. Be a ****ing man.

Titty Meat 11-17-2012 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9127164)
Yeah, going to call this: ND will not win out, and two SEC teams will play for the championship.

Another championship game I won't watch.

Reerun_KC 11-17-2012 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9127165)
Isn't Stanford in the driver's seat for the PAC 12 championship game?

:hmmm:

IDK going to bed....

Hootie 11-17-2012 10:41 PM

Chip Kelly is Marty Schottenheimer.

Just can't win the big one!

notorious 11-17-2012 10:41 PM

Now KSU has to win against Texas to wrap up the Big 12. More pressure!

Titty Meat 11-17-2012 10:41 PM

Quote:

USC's defense and coach suck plus Barkley is out.

notorious 11-17-2012 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 9127173)
:hmmm:

IDK going to bed....

I am confused, too.

I stopped watching Baylor KSU when they went down 21-7. Baylor had their number tonight.

KC_Connection 11-17-2012 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coach (Post 9127171)

I got all kinds of shit last week for suggesting as much. Get over it, we've all dealt with bad losses.

LoneWolf 11-17-2012 10:42 PM

Quote:

The ND defense is good enough to stop Alabama's average offense. So tell me how they will be "embarrassed"? Haters gonna hate.

Titty Meat 11-17-2012 10:43 PM

Wow if Stanford wins next week against UCLA and then beats them in the Conference title game they go to the Rose Bowl. Oregon might get an at large BCS bid. Talk about getting ****ed in the ass.

notorious 11-17-2012 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coach (Post 9127171)

It hurts, but I would rather be outted now than in the NC game.

KC_Connection 11-17-2012 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY (Post 9127145)
**** Alabama. Ducks played like shit all night. Stanford played out of their mind. This really sucks.

The Ducks played the first good team they've played all year. They weren't ready for it.

ImAWalkingCorpse 11-17-2012 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9127186)
I got all kinds of shit last week for suggesting as much. Get over it, we've all dealt with bad losses.

Uhhmm someone gave you shit for KU losing in football?

DeezNutz 11-17-2012 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 9127188)
The ND defense is good enough to stop Alabama's average offense. So tell me how they will be "embarrassed"? Haters gonna hate.

I don't hate anything about ND because I simply do not care about that program. What I see is an average football team that is highly overrated.

'Bama has elite line play and excellent RBs, which should be more than enough to put ND away, since I don't think the Irish will have much offensive success.

BigMeatballDave 11-17-2012 10:46 PM

The only reason I'm against an all SEC NC game is I think if you can't win your conference, you shouldn't be permitted to play for the title.

mikeyis4dcats. 11-17-2012 10:46 PM

Quote:

so who did you cheer for before Bama got good again?

The Franchise 11-17-2012 10:47 PM

Quote:

****ing this.

KC_Connection 11-17-2012 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImAWalkingCorpse (Post 9127200)
Uhhmm someone gave you shit for KU losing in football?

No...for suggesting that the SEC was the best conference in football and that Alabama was still good enough to be in the NC game even with the loss.

KC_Connection 11-17-2012 10:47 PM

Quote:

It must be nice to dream.

DeezNutz 11-17-2012 10:48 PM

'Bama will run it right down ND's throat.

KC_Connection 11-17-2012 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 9127215)
so who did you cheer for before Bama got good again?

Who did you troll before me?

the Talking Can 11-17-2012 10:49 PM

looks like barkley may be injured...clears the way for ND

KC_Connection 11-17-2012 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9127228)
'Bama will run it right down ND's throat.

Pretty much. I can't imagine it would be all that competitive really, but if ND wins next week (and they should...USC is a shitshow right now), it's going to happen.

Chiefs Pantalones 11-17-2012 10:51 PM

Quote:

ND's defense is way beyond good enough to do that. ND's defense is holy shit elite.

ImAWalkingCorpse 11-17-2012 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9127223)
No...for suggesting that the SEC was the best conference in football and that Alabama was still good enough to be in the NC game even with the loss.

Why in the hell would you care about Alabama if you are a KU fan?

tk13 11-17-2012 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 9127241)
ND's defense is way beyond good enough to do that. ND's defense is holy shit elite.

Plus, Alabama's defense is complete garbage, of course. They probably don't even belong on the field with Notre Dame.

Coach 11-17-2012 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9127196)
It hurts, but I would rather be outted now than in the NC game.

Oh it hurts, no question about it, but unfortunately, some sniviling ****s have to kick a man when they're already down.

I expected better, but then again, maybe I was asking too much.

If this NC turns out to be another SEC/SEC match up, I will not be watching it at all.

LoneWolf 11-17-2012 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9127207)
I don't hate anything about ND because I simply do not care about that program. What I see is an average football team that is highly overrated.

'Bama has elite line play and excellent RBs, which should be more than enough to put ND away, since I don't think the Irish will have much offensive success.

Notre Dame has the number one defense in the country in several categories. They aren't getting "embarrased" by anybody. Their defense will keep them in any game.

I'm interested in why you think Notre Dame is overrated. Is it the win against Stanford (who just knocked off Oregon on the road), the win against Oklahoma at Oklahoma, or the win against Michigan or Michigan State? The Irish's schedule stacks up against any team in the country.

Rally sons of Notre Dame, Onward to Victory!!

Titty Meat 11-17-2012 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coach (Post 9127249)
Oh it hurts, no question about it, but unfortunately, some sniviling ****s have to kick a man when they're already down.

If this NC turns out to be another SEC/SEC match up, I will not be watching it at all.

Yes because we all know if it were any other team Saul or K-Stater wouldn't be in there saying shit.

Setsuna 11-17-2012 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9127138)
wow

stanford wins

SEC is back....holy crap mark richt has a shot...lmao

He most certainly does not.

KC_Connection 11-17-2012 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImAWalkingCorpse (Post 9127246)
Why in the hell would you care about Alabama if you are a KU fan?

Because I respect good football and like to see deserving teams play for the national championship as opposed to mediocre ones from lesser conferences.

Titty Meat 11-17-2012 10:54 PM

Alabama will still have to beat Georgia

Chiefs Pantalones 11-17-2012 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9127248)
Plus, Alabama's defense is complete garbage, of course. They probably don't even belong on the field with Notre Dame.

I didn't say that. It's gonna be a dog fight. I can't wait to see it.

notorious 11-17-2012 10:55 PM

LOL, grown adults arguing about 18-22 year old kids on teams in which we have no control over.

Get a grip people.

tk13 11-17-2012 10:55 PM

I'd give Georgia better odds to beat Alabama than Notre Dame. I wouldn't favor Georgia but they can put points on the board.

It is hard to pick Richt over Saban though.

KC_Connection 11-17-2012 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coach (Post 9127249)

Nobody's kicking anybody when they're down (I feel bad that the team choked on Snyder at a horrible time), you're just interpreting it that way because you're pissed off about the game.

An SEC/SEC matchup would probably be far more competitive than a SEC/ND game so I'm not sure why you feel that way.

LoneWolf 11-17-2012 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9127226)
It must be nice to dream.

You are a complete ****ing douchebag. I have never said Notre Dame would beat Alabama. I have only stated that Notre Dame's defense is good enough to stop Alabama's offense and keep them in any game they play in. That has been proven throughout this season. Alabama has played exactly two elite teams and didn't look good in either game. They are a good football team, but they aren't head and shoulders above Notre Dame.

KC_Connection 11-17-2012 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9127275)
I'd give Georgia better odds to beat Alabama than Notre Dame. I wouldn't favor Georgia but they can put points on the board.

It is hard to pick Richt over Saban though.

As it stands, though, isn't Georgia is going to be playing Alabama for the right to get in the NC game?

notorious 11-17-2012 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 9127290)
You are a complete ****ing douchebag. I have never said Notre Dame would beat Alabama. I have only stated that Notre Dame's defense is good enough to stop Alabama's offense and keep them in any game they play in. That has been proven throughout this season. Alabama has played exactly two elite teams and didn't look good in either game. They are a good football team, but they aren't head and shoulders above Notre Dame.

I am not saying anything. I thought OU would pound ND and I was flat out wrong.

I am not touching any of this with a 10 foot pole. LMAO

tk13 11-17-2012 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9127292)
As it stands, though, isn't Georgia is going to be playing Alabama for the right to get in the NC game?

Yes. That's my point. Of Alabama's remaining obstacles to a title... I'd probably say it's more likely they lose to Georgia and not get there than lose to ND in the title game.

notorious 11-17-2012 11:00 PM

I can see KSU imploding at home to Texas and OU winning the 12 once again. :facepalm:

Setsuna 11-17-2012 11:00 PM

Quote:

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

WHAT THE ****? That vaunted ND defense almost let Pittsburgh, BYU, and Purdue beat them. STFU prick.

KC_Connection 11-17-2012 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 9127290)

As I said, it must be nice to dream. I don't think anybody legitimately believes ND will beat Alabama right now except ND fans.

BTW, you spent all of last week telling me the SEC wasn't the best conference in the country by far. Do you really still believe that?

KC_Connection 11-17-2012 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9127297)
Yes. That's my point. Of Alabama's remaining obstacles to a title... I'd probably say it's more likely they lose to Georgia and not get there than lose to ND in the title game.

Oh, yeah, I agree.

tk13 11-17-2012 11:01 PM

I agree Alabama's not the most dominant team they've had in recent years.

But at the same time, Notre Dame should have lost to a Pittsburgh team that got whipped by Youngstown State. So everybody has their moments.

Setsuna 11-17-2012 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9127310)
I agree Alabama's not the most dominant team they've had in recent years.

But at the same time, Notre Dame should have lost to a Pittsburgh team that got slaughtered by Youngstown State. So everybody has their moments.

Don't bring facts into this! LoneWolf and Pesty can finally :whackit: to their team and have gone full reerun.

LoneWolf 11-17-2012 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 9127302)
ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

WHAT THE ****? That vaunted ND defense almost let Pittsburgh, BYU, and Purdue beat them. STFU prick.

The defense had nothing to do with it you moron. Do you even watch the games? Notre Dame is playing with a redshirt Freshman QB who has made plenty of mistakes that have kept teams in games. There is no denying that ND's defense is one of the best in the country. The stats and the eye test both attest to this.

You calling me a prick is almost as insulting as if Mark Mangino called me fat.

tk13 11-17-2012 11:06 PM

Look on the bright side. If Ohio State didn't get in so much trouble... we could be looking at a Notre Dame/Ohio State title game right now. This board would love that. LMAO

KC_Connection 11-17-2012 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9127329)
Look on the bright side. If Ohio State didn't get in so much trouble... we could be looking at a Notre Dame/Ohio State title game right now. This board would love that. LMAO

Yikes.

notorious 11-17-2012 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9127329)

Oh JFC.

Coach 11-17-2012 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9127283)
Nobody's kicking anybody when they're down (I feel bad that the team choked on Snyder at a horrible time), you're just interpreting it that way because you're pissed off about the game.

An SEC/SEC matchup would probably be far more competitive than a SEC/ND game so I'm not sure why you feel that way.

Number one, let me apologize to you personally on here that I was attacking the "wrong" person. You were not the intended target, as I realized the user name had me mixed up. So my bad.

Numbe two, the SEC/SEC matchup last year was a awful snoozer game last year, and I was not interested in seeing the SEC/SEC matchup. Sorry, if you don't win your conference championship game, you shouldn't be in. Just how I feel.

Setsuna 11-17-2012 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 9127325)
The defense had nothing to do with it you moron. Do you even watch the games? Notre Dame is playing with a redshirt Freshman QB who has made plenty of mistakes that have kept teams in games. There is no denying that ND's defense is one of the best in the country. The stats and the eye test both attest to this.

You calling me a prick is almost as insulting as if Mark Mangino called me fat.

LMAO How the **** does the defense have nothing to do with it? That's complete and utter bullshit. It's a team sport dude. ND won by 3 points in all three of those games. If your defense is good, they don't let lesser teams score. Simple as that.

LoneWolf 11-17-2012 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9127304)
As I said, it must be nice to dream. I don't think anybody legitimately believes ND will beat Alabama right now except ND fans.

BTW, you spent all of last week telling me the SEC wasn't the best conference in the country by far. Do you really still believe that?

Yes I still believe that. I said they are the best conference. Does Oregon losing to a ranked Stanford team change anything in the SEC? K-State played a terrible game, but they still have the same record as Alabama. Alabama has beaten LSU and who else? Georgia lost by 28 points. So you tell me, why are they ranked as high as they are?

For a KU fan to continually pimp the SEC is completely dumbfounding.

Spott 11-17-2012 11:12 PM

Gonna be a little humorous when everyone has one loss after next week and Ohio St will be the only undefeated team and possible the AP #1.

tk13 11-17-2012 11:13 PM

ESPN's BCS guru thinks it'll be ND/Alabama/Georgia/Florida/Oregon in the top 5 tomorrow. K-State falls out of the top 5.

Spott 11-17-2012 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9127363)
ESPN's BCS guru thinks it'll be ND/Alabama/Georgia/Florida/Oregon in the top 5 tomorrow. K-State falls out of the top 5.

Florida is way overrated. Their offense is terrible and they will get blown out by FSU next week.

The Franchise 11-17-2012 11:15 PM

Funny.....I've never said that ND would go out destroy Alabama. Golson is getting better as the year goes on though.....and I don't give a **** how we won the games.....we still won them.

That being said.....we still need to beat USC next week.

LoneWolf 11-17-2012 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 9127342)
LMAO How the **** does the defense have nothing to do with it? That's complete and utter bullshit. It's a team sport dude. ND won by 3 points in all three of those games. If your defense is good, they don't let lesser teams score. Simple as that.

The Irish have allowed over 14 points twice all season. By your logic, every good team should shut out every bad team they play. Jesus, watch the games and then come back and talk smack.

KC_Connection 11-17-2012 11:15 PM

Quote:

For a KU fan to continually pimp the SEC is completely dumbfounding.
I don't see it that way. Being a KU fan has given me an opportunity over the last five years to watch a lot of college football other than KU and the B12 conference. I've realized that the SEC is vastly superior to it and every other one. Even with everyone's obvious biases here, I'm still not sure why this isn't plainly obvious.

It's the strength of the conference that makes Alabama rated as high as they are (and they deserve the credit for playing through the tougher schedule).

KC_Connection 11-17-2012 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coach (Post 9127336)
Number one, let me apologize to you personally on here that I was attacking the "wrong" person. You were not the intended target, as I realized the user name had me mixed up. So my bad.

No problem. It happens to everyone.

Quote:

Numbe two, the SEC/SEC matchup last year was a awful snoozer game last year, and I was not interested in seeing the SEC/SEC matchup. Sorry, if you don't win your conference championship game, you shouldn't be in. Just how I feel.
Fair enough. I don't see it that way (I think that even if the best two teams are in one conference, you should still go with them regardless), but I get that perspective (of wanting to have two "winners" there).

notorious 11-17-2012 11:20 PM

Damn, next year's format can't come soon enough.

Of course, with next year's format, Oregon's loss wouldn't have near the impact it does this year.......

LoneWolf 11-17-2012 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9127376)
I don't see it that way. Being a KU fan has given me an opportunity over the last five years to watch a lot of college football other than KU and the B12 conference. I've realized that the SEC is vastly superior to it and every other one. Even with everyone's obvious biases here, I'm still not sure why this isn't plainly obvious.

It's the strength of the conference that makes Alabama rated as high as they are (and they deserve the credit for playing through the tougher schedule).

If they had played all of the other "tough" teams in the SEC I would totally agree with you. They have played LSU (probably should have lost, but they won and thats all that matters) and Texas A&M (lost). They haven't had to play Georgia, Florida, or South Carolina. If you have watched Alabama against LSU and TA&M, you have to admit that they aren't dominant as everyone thought they were earlier in the season. Their defense can be exploited on the back end if the other team can protect their QB. McCarron has played well, but in the big games has looked shaky (not withstanding the final drive against LSU).

I have conceded that the SEC is the best conference in college footall. I just don't see the "head and shoulders" part of it. All of the top teams have flaws and I think they get more credit than deserved based on past performance.

tk13 11-17-2012 11:26 PM

I just cannot understand how you can knock Alabama for playing a tough game against LSU, and not knock Notre Dame for playing a tough game against Pittsburgh.

RealSNR 11-17-2012 11:31 PM

What the hell are people arguing about?

If Notre Dame and all those SEC teams win next week, it will be Notre Dame and Alabama in the championship game. And it's not even close.

What are we even debating here?

Coach 11-17-2012 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9127384)
No problem. It happens to everyone.

Fair enough. I don't see it that way (I think that even if the best two teams are in one conference, you should still go with them regardless), but I get that perspective (of wanting to have two "winners" there).

I just honestly think the SEC in general, while they say is a good conference, and I'm not disputing that, I just have an issue of bias being involved because of Alabama, Georgia, LSU, and South Carolina being all log-jammed in the middle.

The SEC has mastered the art of manipulating the polls.

It also goes a long way with the perception that they are the toughest conference - play high-profile conference games opening weekend and impress pollsters while everyone else is playing patsies, for the most part. The winners of their difficult early conference games end up in the top 10, like, every year.

Either way, I just have no desire to see a SEC/SEC match-up at all.

tk13 11-17-2012 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9127441)
What the hell are people arguing about?

If Notre Dame and all those SEC teams win next week, it will be Notre Dame and Alabama in the championship game. And it's not even close.

What are we even debating here?

What happens when Matt Barkley comes out like Willis Reed next week and throws 4 TDs with his left arm to win the game.