ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Computers Killer aps for the iPhone? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=190700)

KChiefs1 07-01-2010 07:50 PM

I'm looking for the best FREE GPS app for the iphone.....

NewChief 07-01-2010 08:09 PM

Mint is awesome if you use mint.com

I've installed the Super Reader and Word World apps for my kids and they love both. They love the shows, though.

irishjayhawk 07-01-2010 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewPhin (Post 6854715)
Mint is awesome if you use mint.com

I've installed the Super Reader and Word World apps for my kids and they love both. They love the shows, though.

Reeder is my favorite feed reading app.

BWillie 07-02-2010 12:18 AM

I don't understand what is so cool about mint. Don't you people know what you spend your money on?

007 07-02-2010 12:37 AM

It helps you track everything to the cent by saving you the time of creating your own charts and documents. If you don't see the worth in Mint.com I don't think anyone can really explain it to you. I know it has made my life much simpler by allowing me quick access to any info I need about my finances with a click of a button. You can't beat that.

MoreLemonPledge 07-02-2010 03:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 6854697)
I'm looking for the best FREE GPS app for the iphone.....

Waze.

Bob Dole 07-02-2010 03:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 6842075)
I want the first four AND the microphone. But, I want the iphone camera NOT the ipod Nano camera that has been rumored.

Doesn't the Blue mikey work on the iPod Touch?

Great Expectations 07-06-2010 01:24 PM

I've been using RedLaser a lot lately. My wife was trying to get me to purchase a camera bag this weekend at best buy, we scanned it in and found one for 1/3 the price online. It also gave us an offer from a local store that was much cheaper.

NewChief 07-12-2010 03:33 PM

Might have already been mentioned, but I'm loving Grocery IQ. Ability for the wife and I to share grocery lists on it is killer.

Great Expectations 07-12-2010 10:03 PM

Do you print out the coupons?

NewChief 07-13-2010 04:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Great Expectations (Post 6876044)
Do you print out the coupons?

I haven't, but I did go through and "clip" a bunch just playing around with it. If you have wireless printing with your iphone, it would be very, very easy (and I'm not a coupon clipper).

OnTheWarpath15 07-13-2010 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 6855040)
It helps you track everything to the cent by saving you the time of creating your own charts and documents. If you don't see the worth in Mint.com I don't think anyone can really explain it to you. I know it has made my life much simpler by allowing me quick access to any info I need about my finances with a click of a button. You can't beat that.

I started using Mint.com yesterday after hearing what you guys said. So far, I like the potential, except that I'm having trouble getting some of my accounts to link.

Shag 07-13-2010 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 6876552)
I started using Mint.com yesterday after hearing what you guys said. So far, I like the potential, except that I'm having trouble getting some of my accounts to link.

I just signed up recently myself, and I've had similar issues, some sporadic...

OnTheWarpath15 07-13-2010 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shag (Post 6876816)
I just signed up recently myself, and I've had similar issues, some sporadic...

Yeah, it was hit and miss for me.

My bank account was no problem, but it doesn't want to link to my Amex card or my mortgage.

NewChief 07-13-2010 11:04 AM

My accounts linked up seamlessly, and I bank with a small local bank. My only problem was in dealing with my wife and my joint accounts. I synced my account. Synced her account. We have two joint accounts, so they synced twice, once for each of us. I just ended up "closing" her iteration of the joint accounts on mint.com which seems to have fixed the problem.

Donger 07-13-2010 01:41 PM

My favorite is MapMyRide. Great for cyclists (or runners/hikers). Plots your course on Google Maps when you're done, and of course has all the usual (time, avg. speed. etc.). Also calculates calories burned. But the coolest part, as a cyclist, is that is shows elevation with grade percentage, as well as number of feet climbed. Great stuff. Unfortunately, it sucks battery power like a whore sucks c*ck.

007 07-13-2010 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 6876820)
Yeah, it was hit and miss for me.

My bank account was no problem, but it doesn't want to link to my Amex card or my mortgage.

I'm surprised Amex is a problem That was the first one I put on my account.

OnTheWarpath15 07-13-2010 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 6877416)
I'm surprised Amex is a problem That was the first one I put on my account.

It finally went through, though it took a couple of attempts.

Skyy God 07-20-2010 10:52 AM

MOG was just released today. 8M songs, downloadable to your phone. Free 3-day trial, too.

http://gizmodo.com/5591425/mog-mobil...ownload-em-all

Shag 07-20-2010 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewPhin (Post 6875364)
Might have already been mentioned, but I'm loving Grocery IQ. Ability for the wife and I to share grocery lists on it is killer.

Have you had any problems with Grocery IQ kicking you off your wireless network? Happens to both my wife and I, and only in this app. Really annoying...

NewChief 07-20-2010 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shag (Post 6889813)
Have you had any problems with Grocery IQ kicking you off your wireless network? Happens to both my wife and I, and only in this app. Really annoying...

Hard to say. My wireless network (shared through my wife's G5 in what is already a slow ass internet connection) sucks ass to begin with. Hard to say if Grocery IQ is to blame, because I turn off wireless half the time I'm at home anyway.

irishjayhawk 07-20-2010 08:49 PM

Anyone tried this: http://readmoreapp.com/?df

I'm curious. If it sync'd with Readernaut, I'd be all over it.

Shag 07-20-2010 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewPhin (Post 6890212)
Hard to say. My wireless network (shared through my wife's G5 in what is already a slow ass internet connection) sucks ass to begin with. Hard to say if Grocery IQ is to blame, because I turn off wireless half the time I'm at home anyway.

I checked out the reviews of the app, and found a few other people mentioning the same thing. Looks like a bug in the app, unfortunately...

-King- 07-20-2010 11:37 PM

Wish I could import the android google map app to the iphone. All the gps navigation apps on the iphone suck compared to it. Waze is kiddish but i guess it beats all the others.
Posted via Mobile Device

Los Pollos Hermanos 07-21-2010 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcChiefsKing (Post 6890522)
Wish I could import the android google map app to the iphone. All the gps navigation apps on the iphone suck compared to it. Waze is kiddish but i guess it beats all the others.
Posted via Mobile Device

You could download the TomTom app. It's probably awesome. Or it should be for $59.95.

Shag 07-21-2010 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsfansofDallas (Post 6890841)
You could download the TomTom app. It's probably awesome. Or it should be for $59.95.

I've heard the TomTom app is good. I've used the Navigon app on a friend's phone, and it was quite good. There's also MotionX GPS, which is dirt cheap - $2.99 (or .99 for MotionX-GPS-Drive - not sure of the difference). Likely not as good as TomTom/Navigon, it may be good enough for what you're after...

Fish 07-21-2010 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shag (Post 6890902)
I've heard the TomTom app is good. I've used the Navigon app on a friend's phone, and it was quite good. There's also MotionX GPS, which is dirt cheap - $2.99 (or .99 for MotionX-GPS-Drive - not sure of the difference). Likely not as good as TomTom/Navigon, it may be good enough for what you're after...

MotionX GPS Drive is actually better than TomTom in a lot of ways. The only thing it lacks compared to TomTom is offline maps. But you can actually get around that easily by quickly simulating your trip while you've got an internet connection. That effectively caches the maps.

They give you free voice turn-by-turn for the first 60 days. After that, you can either pay something like $3 anytime for 1 month of voice, or you can pay $50 for lifetime voice. Otherwise, it works just the same minus the voice turn-by-turn.

For the price, it's really worth it.

Shag 07-21-2010 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Fish (Post 6891040)
MotionX GPS Drive is actually better than TomTom in a lot of ways. The only thing it lacks compared to TomTom is offline maps. But you can actually get around that easily by quickly simulating your trip while you've got an internet connection. That effectively caches the maps.

They give you free voice turn-by-turn for the first 60 days. After that, you can either pay something like $3 anytime for 1 month of voice, or you can pay $50 for lifetime voice. Otherwise, it works just the same minus the voice turn-by-turn.

For the price, it's really worth it.

Thanks for the info. Do you know the difference between MotionX GPS and MotionX GPS Drive?

Fish 07-21-2010 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shag (Post 6891064)
Thanks for the info. Do you know the difference between MotionX GPS and MotionX GPS Drive?

The Drive version is specifically for driving or walking known roads/highways, and includes turn-by-turn directions.

The Normal GPS app is more for hiking, biking, sailing, etc. Consider it the "off-road" version if you will. You can map your hike, and use it for bread-crumb trail type stuff to find your way back. It has a ton more features like topography, terrain, and satellite mapping. You can send your exact position and even the trail you got there with to other people through MMS or e-mail. It's got a compass, lat/long, elev, etc. readings.

Great Expectations 07-21-2010 01:10 PM

The mapquest 4 app isn't a bad free one.

-King- 07-21-2010 11:02 PM

Holy shit. The tomtom app is going to take 350 minutes to download. Oh well, guess I can leave it on while i sleep.
Posted via Mobile Device

Los Pollos Hermanos 07-24-2010 03:11 PM

I can't get BoA to sync up with Mint. Man, I hate BoA.

irishjayhawk 07-24-2010 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Great Expectations (Post 6891282)
The mapquest 4 app isn't a bad free one.

Except their new logo is atrocious.

Jewish Rabbi 07-25-2010 04:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsfansofDallas (Post 6896479)
I can't get BoA to sync up with Mint. Man, I hate BoA.

Worked for me...

-King- 08-02-2010 03:35 AM

The AirMouse app.....WOW!

That's all I have to say.

007 08-02-2010 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcChiefsKing (Post 6911659)
The AirMouse app.....WOW!

That's all I have to say.

Yep, thats a nice one when you have a computer hooked up to a TV.

chiefsnorth 08-02-2010 08:55 AM

my 4 is supposed to be here this week. I look forward to combing this thread afterward.

QuikSsurfer 08-07-2010 11:11 AM

Civilization Revolution is free today

-King- 08-07-2010 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 6922046)

What is that?
Posted via Mobile Device

QuikSsurfer 08-07-2010 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcChiefsKing (Post 6922358)
What is that?
Posted via Mobile Device

A very popular turn-based strategy game. The series has been around quite a while - most popular on PC.

Los Pollos Hermanos 08-09-2010 10:51 AM

So, my buddy told me I needed to jailbreak my phone. So, I did. But I don't get the big fuss over jailbreaking it.

I was hoping to download a Chiefs theme but the only one I found was completely lame. It looked like a photoshop my 4 year old could do.

Anyone know of any cool themes or features that can be put on it now?

-King- 08-09-2010 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsfansofDallas (Post 6924683)
So, my buddy told me I needed to jailbreak my phone. So, I did. But I don't get the big fuss over jailbreaking it.

I was hoping to download a Chiefs theme but the only one I found was completely lame. It looked like a photoshop my 4 year old could do.

Find any picture on the internet, save it. download winterboard from cydia, and use that pic as your wallpaper.
Posted via Mobile Device

Fish 08-09-2010 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsfansofDallas (Post 6924683)

LMAO... jailbreaking is just the first step. You have to add shit you want after you jailbreak it. You don't get the big fuss because you haven't done anything to take advantage of the jailbreak.

Read through this thread for more info. Read up on how to install and use Winterboard. Check the Sections portion in Cydia for all the themes/add-ons/sounds/fonts/utilities you can handle.

Here's a post I made earlier in this thread about customization....

Quote:

My "Must haves" for customization:

Winterboard: Customizations galore. Themes, backgrounds, sounds, reflective dock, 5 item dock, lockscreen customizations, etc. Just about everything is customizable.

SBSettings: Gives you a quick access menu to turn on/off wifi, 3G, phone, adjust brightness, or kill processes. Activated by swiping the status bar at the top. Very handy.

Intelliscreen: This app you have to pay for, despite the jailbreak. But it's really worth it. I think you can hack it with some in-depth work so you don't have to pay, but you're an ass if you do.

Cycorder: Record video. (Not 3Gs compatible though)

ToneFXs: Complete customization of iPhone sounds. Another pay app, but well worth it if you like to customize your sounds. Again, you can hack it, but just pay for it...

Installous: It's a hacked app store. Get any app for free. Leave your morality at the door.

iMobileCinema: Very powerful plugin for iPhone Safari. Allows you to play flash videos and a host of other stuff.

Terminal: It's a terminal client for iPhone. I use this a lot. Others may not.
You're not going to find many Chiefs related themes though. You'd have to create something like that. But there are unlimited options out there. Just look around in Cydia, and ask if you have any questions...

Los Pollos Hermanos 08-09-2010 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcChiefsKing (Post 6924699)
Find any picture on the internet, save it. download winterboard from cydia, and use that pic as your wallpaper.
Posted via Mobile Device

I could do that already using ImagePro. I want to be able to change the slider to an arrowhead or put a Chiefs pic behind my icons.

Los Pollos Hermanos 08-09-2010 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Fish (Post 6924711)
LMAO... jailbreaking is just the first step. You have to add shit you want after you jailbreak it. You don't get the big fuss because you haven't done anything to take advantage of the jailbreak.

Read through this thread for more info. Read up on how to install and use Winterboard. Check the Sections portion in Cydia for all the themes/add-ons/sounds/fonts/utilities you can handle.

Here's a post I made earlier in this thread about customization....

You're not going to find many Chiefs related themes though. You'd have to create something like that. But there are unlimited options out there. Just look around in Cydia, and ask if you have any questions...

Ok, that's helpful.

I have Winterboard and I know how to add themes. But that's about it.

NewChief 08-09-2010 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 6922046)

Liking this a lot. Especially that it's not MMO. I really want an RPG of some sort (like Baldur's Gate or Ultima or something like that) that isn't an MMO. I just want to play alone. I'm not interested in teaming up with others. I'm not interested in competing against other people. I just want to explore and advance at my own pace.

Everything in the RPG section tends to be Multiplayer, which doesn't interest me in the least. If anyone has a suggestion (preferably free), I'll take it. I actually downloaded the old Wizardry game, but the interface and gameplay is too crappy.

QuikSsurfer 08-09-2010 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewPhin (Post 6924977)
Liking this a lot. Especially that it's not MMO. I really want an RPG of some sort (like Baldur's Gate or Ultima or something like that) that isn't an MMO. I just want to play alone. I'm not interested in teaming up with others. I'm not interested in competing against other people. I just want to explore and advance at my own pace.

Everything in the RPG section tends to be Multiplayer, which doesn't interest me in the least. If anyone has a suggestion (preferably free), I'll take it. I actually downloaded the old Wizardry game, but the interface and gameplay is too crappy.

Dungeon Hunter - http://tinyurl.com/22msje3
Chaos Rings -- Square Enix game -- I enjoyed it. - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9oOvmu2-XU
JRPG though. Wouldn't recommend it if you're running on a 3G rather than 3GS/4.

-King- 08-10-2010 12:42 PM

So I installed iMobileCinema and I couldn't watch any embedded youtube vids. I uninstalled it and I still can't. Anybody know how to fix this? I could watch them before I installed it.

Fish 08-10-2010 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcChiefsKing (Post 6926596)
So I installed iMobileCinema and I couldn't watch any embedded youtube vids. I uninstalled it and I still can't. Anybody know how to fix this? I could watch them before I installed it.

You have to do a complete restart after installing it. And you have to make sure it's enabled within SBSettings. There's a toggle for it. It might not be on.

-King- 08-10-2010 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Fish (Post 6926611)
You have to do a complete restart after installing it. And you have to make sure it's enabled within SBSettings. There's a toggle for it. It might not be on.

I get the "Failed to the video!" message when I click on embedded videos.

chiefsnorth 08-11-2010 03:49 PM

Another site says the new update "fixes" jailbreakme so you may want to avoid if you are worried about that.

Fish 08-12-2010 10:00 AM

FYI....

According to a recent study of smart phone users, people with iPhones have the most sexual partners, followed by those with Blackberries and Androids.

http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/8...ex18677273.jpg

http://mashable.com/2010/08/10/iphone-sex-okcupid/

chiefsnorth 08-19-2010 11:44 AM

I am loving the 4. Just got it a week ago. The display is fantastic and the speed is great. I had an android phone before and I like Android but this phone is much slicker. Great display, don't wish for a tactile keyboard anymore. Screen is way more precise on touches.

There are a lot of ways I feel it's much better that take a week or two for you to notice how smooth all the processes become. Haven't seen signal issues but I always would have cased it anyway.

Skyy God 08-26-2010 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Fish (Post 6929774)
FYI....

According to a recent study of smart phone users, people with iPhones have the most sexual partners, followed by those with Blackberries and Androids.

http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/8...ex18677273.jpg

http://mashable.com/2010/08/10/iphone-sex-okcupid/

That disparity is going to skyrocket when Grindr opens up to straights. iPhone users fornicating right and left (especially those loose, loose women). ;)

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology...-heterosexuals

007 08-28-2010 01:29 PM

looks like the iPod Touch 4G will have two cameras and they are now reporting it is designed for 3G access like the iPad.

KCFalcon59 08-28-2010 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 6961005)
looks like the iPod Touch 4G will have two cameras and they are now reporting it is designed for 3G access like the iTouch Senior Citizen Edition.

That'll be an extra $100. Thank you. Do you want any poorly made accessories to go with that???

Param 08-28-2010 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 6961005)
looks like the iPod Touch 4G will have two cameras and they are now reporting it is designed for 3G access like the iTouch Senior Citizen Edition.

Seems like another way to milk a contract. I can't see the point to this when you can get either the phone or the ipad for your 3G access. Or if you hate the iphone, you can use one of the many other smart phones for internet/3g/gps/whatever.

007 08-28-2010 10:31 PM

Doesn't matter to me either way. I won't subscribe. Of course Netflix makes it highly tempting but I'll resist.

-King- 08-28-2010 11:10 PM

So has jailbreakme been updated yet? Is it safe to upgrade to 4.0 now?

Fish 08-28-2010 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcChiefsKing (Post 6961738)
So has jailbreakme been updated yet? Is it safe to upgrade to 4.0 now?

You can't update automatically through iTunes. It will install 4.0.2 which patches jailbreakme.

What you have to do is download the iOS 4.0.1 ipsw file.

Direct download for iOS 4.0.1 (Official from Apple)

Do a complete backup and transfer all your purchases to iTunes. Updating will delete all apps on the device. You can transfer them back afterward as long as they're in iTunes though. A complete backup, not just syncing. Right-click on the iPhone in iTunes, and select Back Up.

Tell iTunes to install the downloaded file instead of downloading the newer 4.0.2. Instructions for that are here: http://www.techpetals.com/how-to-loa...indows-mac.php

It will say verifying with Apple, but that's all legit, don't freak out. That part scares people.

After you load the 4.0.1 firmware, you can restore from the backup you made before hand. That gets all your settings, contacts, calendar, accounts, apps in iTunes, etc.

Open Safari on the iPhone, and go to jailbreakme. com. Sliiide.

Open Cydia.

-King- 08-28-2010 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Fish (Post 6961761)
You can't update automatically through iTunes. It will install 4.0.2 which patches jailbreakme.

What you have to do is download the iOS 4.0.1 ipsw file.

Direct download for iOS 4.0.1 (Official from Apple)

Do a complete backup and transfer all your purchases to iTunes. Updating will delete all apps on the device. You can transfer them back afterward as long as they're in iTunes though. A complete backup, not just syncing. Right-click on the iPhone in iTunes, and select Back Up.

Tell iTunes to install the downloaded file instead of downloading the newer 4.0.2. Instructions for that are here: http://www.techpetals.com/how-to-loa...indows-mac.php

It will say verifying with Apple, but that's all legit, don't freak out. That part scares people.

After you load the 4.0.1 firmware, you can restore from the backup you made before hand. That gets all your settings, contacts, calendar, accounts, apps in iTunes, etc.

Open Safari on the iPhone, and go to jailbreakme. com. Sliiide.

Open Cydia.

Thank you sir. Rep.

-King- 08-29-2010 12:33 AM

****! I'm stuck on the emergency screen right now with no ATT sim card.

Fish 08-29-2010 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcChiefsKing (Post 6961903)

You might have to put the phone into DFU mode. Some of them do that.

Hold down the power button and the home button for 10 sec. At 10 sec, release the power button, but still hold down the home button. Continue to hold down the home button until iTunes tells you it found a phone in recovery mode.

Then continue where you were at in the process...

Sure-Oz 08-29-2010 05:43 PM

Anyone know why my uncles iphone wont work with the aux jack in his car? my droid works, my dads iphone works. But with my uncles we just updated his last night...not my dads. Anything with the update that would **** that up?

patteeu 08-29-2010 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 6963054)
Anyone know why my uncles iphone wont work with the aux jack in his car? my droid works, my dads iphone works. But with my uncles we just updated his last night...not my dads. Anything with the update that would **** that up?

Which version of the iPhone does he have? My wife's original iPhone doesn't work with our car radio aux but my iPhone 3GS does. Don't know why or if that's the way it should be though.

Sure-Oz 08-29-2010 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 6963174)
Which version of the iPhone does he have? My wife's original iPhone doesn't work with our car radio aux but my iPhone 3GS does. Don't know why or if that's the way it should be though.

I think he has a 3g, not sure, i dont think its the 3gs which is the 2nd newest iphone i assume. My dads is a 3gs cause he got it shortly before the iphone 4 came

Los Pollos Hermanos 08-29-2010 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 6963054)

My wife's iPhone wouldn't work on the aux in our truck, while mine would. Turned out, the volume was not turned up on her phone. :)

Fish 08-29-2010 09:11 PM

iPhone ringer/speaker output is totally separate from headphone output. When you plug in headphones/audio out, it will switch from whatever the ringer volume was to the headphone volume. That way it doesn't blow your eardrums when you plug in headphones...

-King- 09-04-2010 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcChiefsKing (Post 6961903)

Whew, after about a week of having to use my old shitty G1 with a broken mic and no vibration, I got my iPhone activated.

Silock 09-05-2010 06:54 AM

Pinball HD is great, if only for "The Deep."

QuikSsurfer 09-05-2010 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 6978889)
Pinball HD is great, if only for "The Deep."

I bought The Deep pinball game about a year ago -- they should have added retina support in an update instead of releasing a whole new app..

Also, everyone with an iphone 4 -- download "Epic Citadel" now..
they've brought the unreal 3 engine to the device -- looks and reacts phenomenally.

http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets..._citadel_1.jpg

Los Pollos Hermanos 09-10-2010 07:50 AM

For some reason, the volume on my daughter's iTouch no longer works w/o the headphones plugged in. The volume slider completely disappeared and the side buttons do nothing.

I tried rebooting and I even reset it to original settings but nothing is working. Anyone have any ideas?

Skyy God 09-14-2010 04:02 PM

Audiogalaxy is pretty boss for streaming music from computer to iPhone. Really clean interface.

irishjayhawk 09-18-2010 01:41 PM

Remember an app called GV Mobile+? It was a Google Voice app in the app store available for about a three weeks before it was unceremoniously pulled from the store citing the hilarious "duplicates functions of the phone".

Well, after the release of written guidelines for Apple's App Store, the application has been approved.

I'm definitely picking up a copy.

BigRedChief 09-19-2010 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsfansofDallas (Post 6991036)
For some reason, the volume on my daughter's iTouch no longer works w/o the headphones plugged in. The volume slider completely disappeared and the side buttons do nothing.

I tried rebooting and I even reset it to original settings but nothing is working. Anyone have any ideas?

Hold down the home key and the power off key at the same time until it reboots.

007 10-17-2010 03:25 AM

Chuzzle and Bejeweled 2 with Blitz are both on sale for .99 cents right now.

Both are addictive as hell too.

BigRedChief 10-17-2010 04:31 PM

Chiefs Mobile

007 10-27-2010 11:45 PM

Plants vs. Zombies just dropped to .99 cents.

icepick64 10-28-2010 04:41 AM

if your looking to cut the cable company, download boxee on your PC and get the boxee remote app on your iphone, great way to control it from your couch.

Fish 12-17-2010 04:50 PM

Pretty awesome....

<object width="640" height="390">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/h2OfQdYrHRs&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>