ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Poop ***Official Knowmo2724 homer-2000 thread*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=211188)

Bane 11-24-2009 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 6290898)
To call your ass red would be an insult to Hog Farmer's neck. My God, you epitomize why everyone here hates you and your team. Whiny, bitchy, entitled, could-have been conspiracy theorists who don't have a CLUE about anything.

Watching you meltdown is almost as much fun as watching the Chiefs actually win games. Thanks for the free entertainment, moran.

This X 100 gazillion!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

Mile High Mania 11-24-2009 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 (Post 6290881)
That screw job by the refs absolutely killed momentum. It would have been 13-7 at halftime. We couldn't run the ball in the second half because of that call.

I wasn't happy with the call, but it's not why they lost the game... the failed onside kick absolutely crushed the team's will to live... giving that team half the field and then they score a TD, that was the dumbest call I have seen in a long time.

Buck 11-24-2009 01:45 PM

The play that hurt you guys the most, IMO was the first fumble on the first drive.

Quesadilla Joe 11-24-2009 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Param (Post 6290896)
I see this in the NFL and some coaches just abandon the run. Sure you can run the football and still run it a lot. You're only down 13 points with 30 minutes to go. Some teams just abandon the run if they get down by 10+ points.

I think McDaniels gave up on the run too early. We ran the ball like 9 straight times to start the game and got into the redzone... First pass we call Simms fumbles.

And as soon as the Chargers got the lead it seemed like we completely got away from the run. :shake:

CaliforniaChief 11-24-2009 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 6290956)
I wasn't happy with the call, but it's not why they lost the game... the failed onside kick absolutely crushed the team's will to live... giving that team half the field and then they score a TD, that was the dumbest call I have seen in a long time.

Whenever I think I have the Broncos fans pegged (KnowMo), big brother with reason and sensibility (You) have to step in and piss all over it. :cuss:

Frazod 11-24-2009 01:48 PM

Quote:

To call your ass red would be an insult to Hog Farmer's neck. My God, you epitomize why everyone here hates you and your team. Whiny, bitchy, entitled, could-have been conspiracy theorists who don't have a CLUE about anything.

Watching you meltdown is almost as much fun as watching the Chiefs actually win games. Thanks for the free entertainment, moran.

LMAO Awesome

Quesadilla Joe 11-24-2009 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 6290956)

I hate onside kicks.:cuss:

Mile High Mania 11-24-2009 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckinKaeding (Post 6290959)
The play that hurt you guys the most, IMO was the first fumble on the first drive.

Nope, to me it was the failed onside kick... if I recall correctly, Denver just made it 13-3 and the defense had been playing ok. Denver's offense hadn't been horrible, they had moved down the field... but the turnovers sucked. Giving them the short field at that point in time was insanity to me... they do what everyone feared and scored a TD, making it 20-3... that is just exponentially worse than 13-3 in the 3rd quarter.

Buck 11-24-2009 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 6290991)
Nope, to me it was the failed onside kick... if I recall correctly, Denver just made it 13-3 and the defense had been playing ok. Denver's offense hadn't been horrible, they had moved down the field... but the turnovers sucked. Giving them the short field at that point in time was insanity to me... they do what everyone feared and scored a TD, making it 20-3... that is just exponentially worse than 13-3 in the 3rd quarter.

If you guys were up 7-0 on us like it looked like would happen, we wouldn't have tried to establish any kind of run game at all. Not that we can't win when we are 1 dimensional in just passing the ball, but you would have had a much better shot.

BigMeatballDave 11-24-2009 01:56 PM

Quote:

THIS is exactly why I HATE Denver. :clap:

Param 11-24-2009 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 6290991)

The onside kick killed everything. Bad decision.

Quesadilla Joe 11-24-2009 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefDave (Post 6291007)
THIS is exactly why I HATE Denver. :clap:

Weird. I don't have any hatred for the Chiefs. :hmmm:

Mile High Mania 11-24-2009 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckinKaeding (Post 6291006)
If you guys were up 7-0 on us like it looked like would happen, we wouldn't have tried to establish any kind of run game at all. Not that we can't win when we are 1 dimensional in just passing the ball, but you would have had a much better shot.

Well, sure... but even down 13-3 after getting the early 2nd half score, momentum was slowly moving to Denver. Overall, Denver's defense was doing a nice job keeping SD out of the endzone... Rivers wasn't lighting them up and a good portion of the 200+ rushing yards were after the TD that put SD up by 17.

So, even with the turnovers and sitting at 13-3... it was still a ball game that could have been won, Denver had overcome several second half deficits early in the year... but, to fall down by 17 after that horrible decision... that took the wind out.

BigMeatballDave 11-24-2009 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 (Post 6291018)
Weird. I don't have any hatred for the Chiefs. :hmmm:

Most Denver fans I encounter are Arrogant, entitled cockbags who blame all losses on officials. Oh, and NEWSFLASH! Your last SB win was last decade, not year. Stop pretending every year you're going back to the SB.

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-24-2009 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefDave (Post 6291185)
Most Denver fans I encounter are Arrogant, entitled cockbags who blame all losses on officials. Oh, and NEWSFLASH! Your last SB win was last decade, not year. Stop pretending every year you're going back to the SB.

No shit. The carriage-pulling team of Mr. Ed and Seabiscuit have long since left for the glue factory.

Quesadilla Joe 11-25-2009 12:08 PM

Quote:

After four straight losses, Broncos players meet without coaches

The players decided it was time to gather.

The Broncos are in a four-game losing streak, there is another tough opponent in the New York Giants coming up on Thanksgiving, and fans across the country watching on TV saw star receiver Brandon Marshall animatedly lecturing, then taking a shove from, Knowshon Moreno in the embarrassing loss Sunday to San Diego.

And so Brian Dawkins, an NFL safety in his 14th season, called for a players-only meeting Tuesday. No staff. No personnel. No coaches, although Josh McDaniels was aware.

Just players.

"We talked," Dawkins said, refusing to elaborate on the meeting's topic, although he said it wasn't about any division that people outside the Denver locker room may have perceived after the Marshall-Moreno encounter late in the first half Sunday following the rookie's fumble at the goal line.

"What we do as a team, we keep that stuff to ourselves," Dawkins said. "But if we're winning and we have that same argument on the sidelines, does anybody report that? If they do, they say it's our passion. But because we lost that game, and guys were a little emotional, then it's a bad thing.

"I don't buy into that. That's not who we are, who we've been throughout this year. I don't worry about that. Those are things that happen on the sideline. That is passion."

McDaniels also saw the good in Marshall going after Moreno, being upset at what happened, and the rookie giving a little back. As they say, how can people make up if they never argue?

"This job is not always simple, not always easy, but it can be fun if you have guys like (Marshall) and Knowshon," McDaniels said. "They got into a thing, but those are two guys I enjoy the most because that's how they play. They carry that onto the field too. I think that's OK. It's not like we had guys that didn't care. It would bother me more if we had guys that don't care about winning."

Besides motivational tactics, the Broncos also could use improved health of their top two leaders — Dawkins on defense and quarterback Kyle Orton on offense.

A bum left ankle forced Orton to miss the second half of the Broncos' loss to the Redskins and most of the first half against the Chargers. He returned with 4:19 left in the half and finished the game. Orton will start Thursday night against the Giants.

"Feeling good, feeling better and should be ready to roll and hopefully not limited in anything we have to do," Orton said.

The Broncos also have hope that offensive tackle Ryan Harris will return after missing the past three games with a dislocated big toe.

Dawkins suffered a neck injury in the first half against the Chargers. Will he play against the Giants?

"That's the plan," he said.
http://www.denverpost.com/premium/broncos/ci_13862319

Only good things can happen after a players only meeting:)

Gonzo 11-25-2009 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 (Post 6293503)

I wonder where Orton was...

Quesadilla Joe 11-25-2009 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 6293527)
I wonder where Orton was...

I'm sure him and Dawkins were the two most vocal players in the meeting.

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-25-2009 12:32 PM

And a mile-high circle jerk to a cut-out of Pat Bowlen was enjoyed by all.

Buck 11-25-2009 12:34 PM

Quote:

The Chargers had a Players Only Meeting before they hosted the Chiefs in 2007.

wasi 11-25-2009 12:36 PM

Quote:

I'm not sure there is any concrete evidence of success as a result these meetings. About the only thing that you can say is that the problems were/are worse than thought.

Quesadilla Joe 11-25-2009 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckinKaeding (Post 6293589)
The Chargers had a Players Only Meeting before they hosted the Chiefs in 2007.

Yeah I remember that. Hopefully Denver can win the rest of their games too.:D

Buck 11-25-2009 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 (Post 6293617)

Um...

They lost to the Chiefs, bad.

Quesadilla Joe 11-25-2009 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckinKaeding (Post 6293991)
Um...

They lost to the Chiefs, bad.

LT called a team meeting for the Chargers in the middle of last season. I didn't see you said 2007.

BigMeatballDave 11-25-2009 03:36 PM

Quote:

:rolleyes: Gee, I wish the Chiefs would have a players only meeting. Surely they'd run the table...

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-25-2009 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefDave (Post 6294192)
:rolleyes: Gee, I wish the Chiefs would have a players only meeting. Surely they'd run the table...

LMAO Seattle should have one; all things are possible with Jesus Curry.

CaliforniaChief 11-25-2009 04:50 PM

The Royals had about 182 players' only meetings.

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-25-2009 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 6294406)
The Royals had about 182 players' only meetings.

Yeah, but they held theirs at the 'Shady Lady'.

CaliforniaChief 11-25-2009 04:58 PM

I think I'm going to start calling KnowMo "First Violinist Wallace Hartley."

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-qRDg9WS7fk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-qRDg9WS7fk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Bane 11-26-2009 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 (Post 6293617)

Go Giants!:clap:

Quesadilla Joe 12-04-2009 12:29 PM

Quote:

Everyone was at the walkthrough, it appears the Broncos will be full strength going into this week's game.
https://twitter.com/fs3142/status/6344790667

Quote:

Seen on EPSN: Kyle Orton has the 3rd-highest passer rating in the league when throwing 21+ yard passes (114.0).
https://twitter.com/BroncoTalk/status/6340523336

I guess Ryan Harris is finally coming back from his injury. We have been missing our 2nd team All Pro Right Tackle :)

Quesadilla Joe 12-05-2009 04:11 PM

Quote:

Dats Cuz We Takin Over. Khaled Style RT @brea_hall: Nothing but Bronco fans on my flight to KC @Footz95
https://twitter.com/Footz95/status/6379888843

Arrowhead is going to be crawling with Bronco fans! :evil:

Bane 12-05-2009 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 (Post 6318409)

<object style="height: 344px; width: 425px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/euojuzYtCDQ"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/euojuzYtCDQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></object>

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-05-2009 10:50 PM

Quote:

No problem; I'm sure maintenance put plenty of Roach Motels out in anticipation of your arrival.

Bane 12-05-2009 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raised On Riots (Post 6319801)
No problem; I'm sure maintenance put plenty of Roach Motels out in anticipation of your arrival.

Crawling with donkhole fans?Yeah we like them on their knees like the beeyatches they are.ROFL

The Bad Guy 12-05-2009 10:53 PM

Quote:

Because tons of Chiefs fans would be coming from Denver.

**** off, clown.

Also, Peter King doesn't rule on all-pro's, genius.

Quesadilla Joe 12-05-2009 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 6319813)
Because tons of Chiefs fans would be coming from Denver.

**** off, clown.

Also, Peter King doesn't rule on all-pro's, genius.

I thought both Ryan Clady and Ryan Harris were named second team All Pro's. My bad it was just Ryan Clady.

notorious 12-05-2009 11:10 PM

Bring on the drizzle!

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...2=-94.5837&e=0

Wait, the drizzle might take some zip off Cassels 4 yard passes......Damnit!

Quesadilla Joe 12-07-2009 11:47 AM

Quote:

Sunday's Broncos-Colts game features the most combined wins (20) by two rookie head coaches who are facing each other in NFL history.
http://twitter.com/psmyth12/status/6436686689

:)

Ebolapox 12-07-2009 11:54 AM

kindly just **** off.

The Bad Guy 12-07-2009 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 (Post 6325562)

Which has more to do with Jim Caldwell.

Quesadilla Joe 12-07-2009 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 6325583)
Which has more to do with Jim Caldwell.

Jim Caldwell can thank Peyton Manning for his record. You could put any coach on that team and they would still make the playoffs.

Mile High Mania 12-07-2009 12:22 PM

If Denver can somehow find a way to win this week, I'll allow myself to get excited about the notion of them possibly making playoff noise... maybe even if they look just very damn good in a close loss. But, we'll see.

It's going to be a long day... that defense needs to make Peyton crazy and somehow contain those receivers.

vailpass 12-07-2009 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H5N1 (Post 6325580)
kindly just **** off.

Well, you did start the kid his very own thread.

Quesadilla Joe 12-07-2009 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 6325683)
If Denver can somehow find a way to win this week, I'll allow myself to get excited about the notion of them possibly making playoff noise... maybe even if they look just very damn good in a close loss. But, we'll see.

It's going to be a long day... that defense needs to make Peyton crazy and somehow contain those receivers.

Peyton Manning is the only player in the NFL that scares the piss out of me. Hopefully the Colts ownership of the Broncos left with Mike Shanahan.

Mile High Mania 12-07-2009 12:58 PM

Well, in regards to the game... while anything can happen, reality says the Colts win this game. Overall, they're the better team and it's in their house.

Each week, you see teams win games they shouldn't and vice versa... so, unless DEN plays like they did during the 0-4 streak, I think I'll be happy win or lose. It's an incredibly tough place to play.

Since 2006, the Colts are 27-4 at home...

Now the Colts are 13-2 at home since 2008, losing only 2 games last season... and one of those was to Orton and the Bears. So, at least Orton has been a part of beating Indy at their place, and it will take a performance much like they had against the Giants to make it happen.

Quesadilla Joe 12-09-2009 09:53 AM

Bill Polian on the Broncos

Quote:

Q: Talk about this week's opponent, the Denver Broncos. Their quarterback, Kyle Orton, is playing very well after being traded in the offseason from Chicago . . .

A: He's playing well. It was a great trade for Denver. Kyle Orton is a winner. He's a really good NFL quarterback. He proved that with the Bears. He's proving that with the Broncos. He's gotten a quarterback-friendly offense, I think, with what [Broncos Head Coach] Josh McDaniel has installed. They spread the field out and the running game to them is sort of a function of the passing game as opposed to a little bit different style than he had in Chicago. He has been great. His receivers have been great. Knowshon Moreno has been running the ball very well, as has [running back] Correll Buckhalter. They're a really strong team with a dynamic offense and a defense coordinated by Mike Nolan that gives you fits. It's Baltimore plus [laughing] with [defensive end] Elvis Dumervil leading the league in sacks. This is a tall order. We go from the frying pan into the fire. Offensively, shades of New England. Defensively, shades of Baltimore. How'd you like to line up with that every week?

Mile High Mania 12-09-2009 10:18 AM

Well, in fairness... he's not going to say anything negative.

Quesadilla Joe 12-13-2009 05:02 AM

http://i47.tinypic.com/1247lg5.jpg

Quesadilla Joe 12-13-2009 10:53 AM

Quote:

The Broncos' roster features 30 new additions. Denver began year tying for the 6th-most new additions (28) in free agency history
https://twitter.com/psmyth12/status/6632492080

kstater 12-13-2009 06:50 PM

Denver is now 2 games back of SD.

The Bad Guy 12-13-2009 06:52 PM

**** yourself, KnowShit. Maybe Bill Polian can give you more praise that you can post.

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-13-2009 06:56 PM

That upswing against KC was just pre-atmospheric turbulence. The re-entry to Earth continues, and KnowMo STILL hasn't fitted Orton's ass-cheeks with fire-reerunant armor-plating.

Mile High Mania 12-13-2009 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raised On Riots (Post 6343953)
That upswing against KC was just pre-atmospheric turbulence. The re-entry to Earth continues, and KnowMo STILL hasn't fitted Orton's ass-cheeks with fire-reerunant armor-plating.

Enh, they're still looking at 10 wins and a playoff spot...

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-13-2009 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 6344399)

"Damn him, damn Mile High Mania, DAMN THAT MAN"!

http://www.patriotresource.com/pics/wilkinson.jpg

notorious 12-13-2009 09:21 PM

Denver has 2 extremely tough home games left. I doubt there will be anything left after fighting through the rest of their ferocious schedule.

Philly will be an easy win, though. I just don't see Denver matching up well against KC and the fade. The talent divide is just too much for them to handle, and add the amazing QB play of both teams they will be facing and the scenario is the equivalent to a nightmare you can't wake up from.

TheGuardian 12-13-2009 10:05 PM

It doesn't matter really. Denver is going to get someones foot broke off in their ass in the playoffs and the fact is Orton is no long term answer.

Bowser 12-13-2009 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 6344399)

How does Denver stack up in the wildcard race? Can they be the next 10 win team to not make it in?

Gadzooks 12-13-2009 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 6344927)
How does Denver stack up in the wildcard race? Can they be the next 10 win team to not make it in?

Funny, last year all they needed was 8 and they blew it.

Bowser 12-13-2009 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gadzooks (Post 6344937)
Funny, last year all they needed was 8 and they blew it.

Yes, that was an epic meltdown fail for them last year.

Quesadilla Joe 12-13-2009 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 6344681)
It doesn't matter really. Denver is going to get someones foot broke off in their ass in the playoffs and the fact is Orton is no long term answer.

How does it feel knowing that 50 of the players on the Chiefs active roster plus the HC and the GM aren't the longterm answer?

Orton should get a contract extension he is playing very well.

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-13-2009 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 (Post 6345027)
How does it feel knowing that 50 of the players on the Chiefs active roster plus the HC and the GM aren't the longterm answer?

I certainly hope he does.

Bowser 12-14-2009 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 (Post 6345027)

This would be great news for the rest of the NFL.

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-14-2009 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 6345065)
This would be great news for the rest of the NFL.

Wouldn't it though?

Mile High Mania 12-14-2009 05:19 AM

You guys type as if Orton is playing like Cassel right now...

Mile High Mania 12-14-2009 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 6344927)

I don't know how all the tiebreakers work out, but it looks something similar to this... I believe.

1 - Colts (13-0)
2 - Chargers (10-3)
3 - Bengals (9-4)
4 - Patriots (8-5)
5 - Broncos (8-5)
6 - There are 4 teams tied at 7-6, the Jags were in control until they lost yesterday. Dolphins, Jaguars, Ravens and Jets are all tied at 7-6.

The Steelers, Titans and Texans are trailing at 6-7.

Denver has the Raiders, @ PHI and the Chiefs left... they should win the two home games and I think they have a shot at PHI, but that's a tall order.

Miami has: @ TEN / HOU / PIT
Jags have: IND / @ NE / @ CLE
BAL has: CHI / @ PIT / @ OAK
NYJ have: ATL / @ IND / CIN

Denver can very realistically reach 10 wins and this means that 2 of the 4 7 win teams have to go 3-0. Someone could, maybe Baltimore.. possibly Miami, but I doubt it.

BigMeatballDave 12-14-2009 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 6345214)
You guys type as if Orton is playing like Cassel right now...

Orton this season is much like Cassel last season.

Mile High Mania 12-14-2009 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefDave (Post 6345250)
Orton this season is much like Cassel last season.

He's not horrible by any means, he's done quite well ... completing 62.9% of his passes, for 2,904 yards with 16 TDs and 8 INTs. And, that's pretty well on pace with what I thought he would do this season.

This team isn't winning a SB this year and that's fine... it's baby steps and they continue to show improvement. The team has their issues at times, but there are definitely a number of positive pieces to build upon.

Some people just need to realize you have your elite few QBs in the NFL... another 3-4 in the 2nd tier and then another 7-10 guys fighting it out in that third tier. The guys in that 3rd tier don't suck.

BigMeatballDave 12-14-2009 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 6345256)
He's not horrible by any means, he's done quite well ... completing 62.9% of his passes, for 2,904 yards with 16 TDs and 8 INTs. And, that's pretty well on pace with what I thought he would do this season.

This team isn't winning a SB this year and that's fine... it's baby steps and they continue to show improvement. The team has their issues at times, but there are definitely a number of positive pieces to build upon.

Some people just need to realize you have your elite few QBs in the NFL... another 3-4 in the 2nd tier and then another 7-10 guys fighting it out in that third tier. The guys in that 3rd tier don't suck.

I wasn't really knocking Orton. Cassel played well last season. He had some weapons. Same as Orton this season. Put Orton on the Chiefs and you'd see a completely different QB...

Bane 12-14-2009 08:29 AM

Random gibberish......
Shanny coached Donkholes win 2 in a row vs Colts.
Mc Dickhole coached donkholes choke like the 90's Bills.
ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

notorious 12-14-2009 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 6345256)

No doubt he is a servicable QB that plays very well at times. He makes Cassel look like a Jr. High QB.

But is he the kind of QB who will take the Broncos to the ultimate game and win it? Striving for anything less is a waste. IMO he is not that guy, but a good QB that will win a bunch of season games and maybe a PO game or two.

Bane 12-14-2009 08:34 AM

But Orton out played Man...........STFU
We almost came back................STFU
We held them to........................STFU
End of the game Colts W.Donkholes L
Teams you should beat to prove you are contenders prove yet again that you and your cake boy HC are nothing but pretenders.

CaliforniaChief 12-14-2009 09:14 AM

I'm not going to take anything away from the Broncos. They damn near came back on the Colts yesterday after being down 3 TD's. That's impressive.

Having said that, it would be fun to knock them out in Week 17, wouldn't it?

Bane 12-14-2009 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 6345345)
I'm not going to take anything away from the Broncos. They damn near came back on the Colts yesterday after being down 3 TD's. That's impressive.

Having said that, it would be fun to knock them out in Week 17, wouldn't it?

Give to them nothing! Take from them EVERYTHING!

Mile High Mania 12-14-2009 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 6345293)
No doubt he is a servicable QB that plays very well at times. He makes Cassel look like a Jr. High QB.

But is he the kind of QB who will take the Broncos to the ultimate game and win it? Striving for anything less is a waste. IMO he is not that guy, but a good QB that will win a bunch of season games and maybe a PO game or two.

Obviously, every team strives to win the SB... the majority of teams in the NFL are void of an elite QB, so it's not like Denver is in the odd position of just lacking a top 5 QB. Orton didn't lose the game for them yesterday...

There is something missing from McD's game planning, I just don't see him making great decisions when it matters more often than not. I know he's learning and growing into the role of HC, but when you have a team with Marshall, Royal, Gaffney, Stokely, Moreno, Bucky, Hillis, Scheffler, Graham... c'mon, get creative.

Why does the short game suck when you have those types of options? Repeated calls of running up the gut on 3rd and short... at some point, suck it up and call something different.

Some of you will say "It's Orton, give him another QB and he'd do something different." I think that's crap... Orton has played very well, he didn't cost them the game yesterday.

As I mentioned in another post...

Peyton, Brady, Brees -these are your top QBs
Rivers, Favre, Roethlisberger, Rodgers, Eli, Warner, McNabb - these are the guys in that next group for me.

Your next QBs are all jumbled together... Schaub, Romo, Flacco, Palmer, Cutler, Orton, Ryan - say what you will, but I don't think these guys are at that elite or almost elite status. Rivers made that leap when you look at last year and this season. Rodgers has made that leap as well.

But, I think you have your top 10 QBs and then your next best 7 or so... and that is where I put Orton, right there in the mix with those other guys. You can make arguments for who is 10 and who is 17... but, this is my "rough stab" at a three tier grouping.

vailpass 12-14-2009 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bane_58 (Post 6345295)
But Orton out played Man...........STFU
We almost came back................STFU
We held them to........................STFU
End of the game Colts W.Donkholes L
Teams you should beat to prove you are contenders prove yet again that you and your cake boy HC are nothing but pretenders.

The bitterman is strong in this one. Jealousy eating him alive.

Gadzooks 12-14-2009 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 6345475)
Obviously, every team strives to win the SB... the majority of teams in the NFL are void of an elite QB, so it's not like Denver is in the odd position of just lacking a top 5 QB. Orton didn't lose the game for them yesterday...

There is something missing from McD's game planning, I just don't see him making great decisions when it matters more often than not. I know he's learning and growing into the role of HC, but when you have a team with Marshall, Royal, Gaffney, Stokely, Moreno, Bucky, Hillis, Scheffler, Graham... c'mon, get creative.

Why does the short game suck when you have those types of options? Repeated calls of running up the gut on 3rd and short... at some point, suck it up and call something different.

Some of you will say "It's Orton, give him another QB and he'd do something different." I think that's crap... Orton has played very well, he didn't cost them the game yesterday.

As I mentioned in another post...

Peyton, Brady, Brees -these are your top QBs
Rivers, Favre, Roethlisberger, Rodgers, Eli, Warner, McNabb - these are the guys in that next group for me.

Your next QBs are all jumbled together... Schaub, Romo, Flacco, Palmer, Cutler, Orton, Ryan - say what you will, but I don't think these guys are at that elite or almost elite status. Rivers made that leap when you look at last year and this season. Rodgers has made that leap as well.

But, I think you have your top 10 QBs and then your next best 7 or so... and that is where I put Orton, right there in the mix with those other guys. You can make arguments for who is 10 and who is 17... but, this is my "rough stab" at a three tier grouping.

Trent Dilfer is a great example of why you don't need an elite QB to win the SB.
Dan Marino is a great example of how an elite QB doesn't guarantee you a SB win.
It sure doesn't hurt to have one though.
I think Orton suits the Donks system quite well despite the odd relapse into his Bears days.

Mile High Mania 12-14-2009 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bane_58 (Post 6345295)

The Colts are 13-0 for a reason, they're very damn good and the foundation of their team has been in place for a long time.

The Broncos lost to a Steelers team before they unraveled and lost to a good Ravens team in Baltimore. They split with a very good Chargers team and really only crapped the bed when they lost to the Redskins.

So, Denver has 5 losses...
Colts have 13 wins
Chargers have 10 wins
Ravens have 7 wins
Steelers now look bad at 6-7 and the Redskins are bad at 4-9

I'll take 8-5 with a chance of winning 10 overall, especially considering everything that happened from the firing of Shanahan to the suspension of Marshall. I do realize that KnoMo has gone off the deep end a lot, but I think the vast majority of Broncos' fans had pretty realistic expectations and most are very surprised and happy to see the team in the position to reach 10 wins and the playoffs.

If Denver advances and wins a game in the playoffs - fantastic! If they lose a game, so be it.... continued improvement is all I've asked for and I think I'm seeing it. The team will have a TON of player decisions and new contracts to focus on before 2010, so it will be interesting, but the foundation appears to be in place and I like the direction.

Hell, I would love a scenario that sends Denver to NE for the wildcard game...

Mile High Mania 12-14-2009 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gadzooks (Post 6345532)
Trent Dilfer is a great example of why you don't need an elite QB to win the SB.
Dan Marino is a great example of how an elite QB doesn't guarantee you a SB win.
It sure doesn't hurt to have one though.
I think Orton suits the Donks system quite well despite the odd relapse into his Bears days.

Elite QBs are great to have, obviously... but most of them bring a well balanced team to the game when they win it. Elway was 0-3 in the SB before they had a complete team around him. Peyton never got there until the defense cemented improved. Brady likely won't get back with the defense they have right now. Same goes for Eli and Big Ben.

Brees... he's been great for a while and it hasn't been until this season when their defense was remade that his chances truly look realistic. Rivers is playing at a very high level right now... can their team continue to do well? We'll see.

Obviously teams have a better shot when the QB is elite... but, some dismiss Orton as if he's a spare. The guy should finish with 3,500 or so yards, about 20 TDs and 10 INTs. Those are numbers very much like that of Roethlisberger from 2008 when they won the title... he had 3300 yds, 17 TDs and 15 INTs.

In 2007, Eli's team won the title and he was a mere 3300 yards passing with 23 TDs and 20 INTs.

Eli and Ben are considered by most to be among the best of the best right now... but, in 2007 and 2008, neither of them was statistically on fire when their teams won. They played very well when it mattered... Orton has done pretty much the same thing and his turnovers are much less than Eli's were that year and on par with Roethlisberger from 2008.

If Denver can advance... they're success or lack thereof, will rely heavily on the QB, but let's not discount the the impact of the ground game and the defense.

In the second quarter yesterday through the early part of the 4th, Denver's defense did all they could to stop Peyton... and they nearly pulled off the comeback. Oh well... it happens, but this team isn't in dire straights and the near/long-term future looks good.

Param 12-14-2009 11:24 AM

The Broncos control their own destiny. How many people would have thought that with 3 games left. Your coach needs to get more imaginative with the playcalling. Instead of just pounding the rock over and over and getting stuffed. He needs to switch it up. Orton is doing ok, but he has to be the reason Denver doesn't attack downfield. Maybe it will open up next season with him, but I think it's hurting your team right now. Also where is Hillis? Buck is out, yet your Coach continues to run with Moreno. You can see he's gassed and continues to stumble/trip/fall over his own feet. Why not run a rotation with the backs and keep them fresh? All and all, Denver is playing well and could have won the game yesterday. Be interesting if Denver plays NE in the wild card round if they make it.