ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The latest Chiefs news from KFFL... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=256524)

TEX 02-07-2013 10:44 AM

LOL! on T.J. - I knew the second Pioli drafted him, that we were in DEEP SHIT with him running things.

Rausch 02-07-2013 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Lee (Post 9384448)
I would rather have Matt Hasselbeck as the vet QB on the roster.

This...

Rausch 02-07-2013 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 9384594)
LOL! on T.J. - I knew the second ***** drafted him, that we were in DEEP SHIT with him running things.

This should go down as one of the top 20 busts of all time...

Rausch 02-07-2013 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9384477)
Hasselback is like 1000 years old.

I'd take him on a 1 year vet min deal. That's about it.

Sounds good to me.

Quote:

I'd like to see them sign Matt Moore to a 3 year deal or just develop Stanzi.

Stanzi should be cut...

Kylo Ren 02-07-2013 12:34 PM

Quote:

Hasselback is like 1000 years old.

I'd take him on a 1 year vet min deal. That's about it.

I'd like to see them sign Matt Moore to a 3 year deal or just develop Stanzi.

Not to change the subject, but I keep hearing that McCluster could be a perfect fit for Andy Reid's offense. :eek:

Rausch 02-07-2013 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John_Wayne (Post 9384989)
Not to change the subject, but I keep hearing that McCluster could be a perfect fit for Andy Reid's offense. :eek:

Yeah, we took him early because the rumor was the Eagles had him high on their board.

:shake:

Chris Meck 02-07-2013 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9384145)
For the two posts above mine 2 things.

1. Alex isn't going to come to place where he'll likely be replaced quickly. He shouldn't either. IMO, he deserves a chance to start on a team somewhere. It isn't KC IMO.

2. If he was truly content with coming here knowing he'd be the backup/mentor to Geno, then by all means sign him up. I just don't think he'd want to come here knowing he can be replaced fairly easily, possibly by the end of PS.

This is most likely true. I was operating solely on a premise of 'how would it be acceptable to sign Alex Smith?' and my answer is-IF we also draft our QBOTF. I think it's likely Alex ends up in Buffalo or the Jets or something.

Sorter 02-07-2013 01:14 PM

I'd think NY or Arizona would be more likely than Buffalo IMO

Carlota69 02-07-2013 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 9385094)
This is most likely true. I was operating solely on a premise of 'how would it be acceptable to sign Alex Smith?' and my answer is-IF we also draft our QBOTF. I think it's likely Alex ends up in Buffalo or the Jets or something.

Highly doubt Buffalo only becasue they are very loud about their desire to draft a QB in the 1st. They are more likely to get a QB in th 1st then w are,according to the "experts" anyways. Jets, I can see that all day.

tyton75 02-07-2013 01:18 PM

Not sure what to make of this but here you go:

http://chiefstomahawkchop.blogspot.c...sign.html#more

Chris Meck 02-07-2013 01:18 PM

Sure, I could see that. (Jets I mean)

bsp4444 02-07-2013 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyton75 (Post 9385117)

Interesting.

InChiefsHeaven 02-07-2013 04:01 PM

Quote:

I f-ing hate Twitter...so damn vague!

noa 02-07-2013 04:56 PM

Quote:

I like how the article calls him an LG
Posted via Mobile Device

ToxSocks 02-07-2013 05:04 PM

Quote:

I stopped reading at "LG"

OrtonsPiercedTaint 02-07-2013 05:28 PM

Is this the thread where the Chiefs have 14 million in unused cap to carry over to 2013 season is buried? It was PTF a day or two ago, no since trying to find it...

Kylo Ren 02-10-2013 04:27 PM

Updated...

Frankie 02-10-2013 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John_Wayne (Post 8400458)
Chiefs | May have interest in Nick Foles
Sat, 09 Feb 2013 06:45:00 -0800
The Kansas City Chiefs may pursue Philadelphia Eagles QB Nick Foles if he is not retained by the team. Chiefs head coach Andy Reid may want to reunite with Foles if he believes the quarterback has a high ceiling.

If indeed in this FO's opinion Foles does have a high ceiling I think the Chiefs will pursue Alex Smith to start while developing Foles. The Geno or bust crowd will hate it but I'm willing to defer to Reid and Dorsey's qualified expertise and give them the benefit of the doubt (for now) if they go this way.

But if this is the way things will go down I think they will keep drafting young QBs (rounds 3, 4ish) in the next several years in case Foles hits a snag in his development.

tecumseh 02-10-2013 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 9392007)
If indeed in this FO's opinion Foles does have a high ceiling I think the Chiefs will pursue Alex Smith to start while developing Foles. The Geno or bust crowd will hate it but I'm willing to defer to Reid and Dorsey's qualified expertise and give them the benefit of the doubt (for now) if they go this way.

But if this is the way things will go down I think they will keep drafting young QBs (rounds 3, 4ish) in the next several years in case Foles hits a snag in his development.

I believe Ar made a statement about needing to be playoff/C'ship bound in three years. In that case, Alex Smith is a no go. IMO, best bet is Geno with Foles as backup or Geno with Alex Smith as bkup if he comes cheap , which he won't . So Alex smith goes to AZ to compete for and probly win the start gig. I'm in agreement with defering to AR and Dorsey's bonafides.

milkman 02-10-2013 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 9392007)

I would be all in on Foles as competition/backup to our first overall QB.

But any scenario that doesn't include a 1st round QB this year is not in any way satisfactory.

Since I was not/am not on board the Reid train (didn't like that he was the hire), that would be strike one.

Messier 02-10-2013 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9392069)

But any scenario that doesn't include a 1st round QB this year is not in any way satisfactory.

Since I was not/am not on board the Reid train (didn't like that he was the hire), that would be strike one.

What's wrong with Reid, and who did you want?

milkman 02-10-2013 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9392085)
What's wrong with Reid, and who did you want?

I've never liked his overall philosophy.

Even in today's NFL, I think he undervalues the running game and LB play.

I thought his best years were the ones in which Jim Johnson hid their LB deficiencies with exceptional blitz schemes, and Westbrook made the most of his limited opportunities as a runner.

DeezNutz 02-10-2013 05:51 PM

Acquiring Foles, in addition to our own (legit) draft pick, would be a great move. We have to throw viable numbers at the position, given our dearth of current talent.

milkman 02-10-2013 05:51 PM

And the second part of that question is difficult to answer.

If you throw out the guidelines that Hunt set for himself in searching to replace the Pioli regime, I would like to have seen a Marc Ross GM combined with a guy like Ray Horton or my darkhorse favorite Marc Trestman.

milkman 02-10-2013 05:54 PM

The guy I really wanted, though, was David Shaw.

But that went out the window as soon as he signed an extension with Stanford.

-King- 02-10-2013 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9392097)

Wesbrook had a 3 season stretch of 233 carries, 278 carries, and 240 carries before he broke down.

The past 3 seasons McCoy had 204 carries, 273 carries and 200 carries in an injury shortened season.

In that same time both RBs averaged about 60 catches per game.

If Reid uses that same Philosophy on Charles, I don't know how anyone could be mad.

Messier 02-10-2013 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9392097)

I thought his best years were the ones in which Jim Johnson hid their LB deficiencies with exceptional blitz schemes, and Westbrook made the most of his limited opportunities as a runner.

I think he ignores the D altogether which is why I was hoping for a stronger DC choice, but I couldn't be more ready for an offensive minded coach who specializes in the QB.

milkman 02-10-2013 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9392112)
Wesbrook had a 3 season stretch of 233 carries, 278 carries, and 240 carries before he broke down.

The past 3 seasons McCoy had 204 carries, 273 carries and 200 carries in an injury shortened season.

In that same time both RBs averaged about 60 catches per game.

If Reid uses that same Philosophy on Charles, I don't know how anyone could be mad.

Let me go at this from another angle.

In the last 10 years, a quick search (so I might have missed something) shows that the Eagles have more than 430 rushing attempts as a team in a season only once.

The Patriots, in that same time span, with the best QB in the game, have attempted fewer than 430 only once.

LoneWolf 02-10-2013 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9392128)
Let me go at this from another angle.

In the last 10 years, a quick search (so I might have missed something) shows that the Eagles have more than 430 rushing attempts as a team in a season only once.

The Patriots, in that same time span, with the best QB in the game, have attempted fewer than 430 only once.

Margin of victory could have played a part in scewing those stats. I didn't look it up so I could be completely wrong, but I would think that NE had quite a few more blowout wins than Philly during this time span. When you are playing with a substantial lead, you tend to run the ball more. Now I agree that Reid prefers to throw the ball and I admittedly didn't look it up, but stats almost always don't tell the entire story.

milkman 02-10-2013 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 9392187)
Margin of victory could have played a part in scewing those stats. I didn't look it up so I could be completely wrong, but I would think that NE had quite a few more blowout wins than Philly during this time span. When you are playing with a substantial lead, you tend to run the ball more. Now I agree that Reid prefers to throw the ball and I admittedly didn't look it up, but stats almost always don't tell the entire story.

I understand that stats can be misleading to an extent.

But this is in line with my belief from watching games that Reid undervalues the running game.

Ceej 02-10-2013 06:52 PM

I like all of this brand new information with the word "could" in it.

Well, no ****ing shit.

The Chiefs COULD be interested in Joe Flacco if he doesn't re-sign with Baltimore.

BigMeatballDave 02-10-2013 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9392103)

If you throw out the guidelines that Hunt set for himself in searching to replace the ***** regime, I would like to have seen a Marc Ross GM combined with a guy like Ray Horton or my darkhorse favorite Marc Trestman.

I don't quite get your fascination with Trestman.

He was in Canada for 7 years.

Honestly, I know little about him, otherwise.

splatbass 02-10-2013 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9392069)

Serious question. What would it take to make you happy with a HC, GM or the Chiefs in general? Because I have never seen you happy with the team.

milkman 02-10-2013 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 9392256)
Serious question. What would it take to make you happy with a HC, GM or the Chiefs in general? Because I have never seen you happy with the team.

Competing for and winning SBs.

splatbass 02-10-2013 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9392258)
Competing for and winning SBs.

Reid competed for SBs for years, only lost one by 3 points, and you don't like him.

milkman 02-10-2013 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 9392340)
Reid competed for SBs for years, only lost one by 3 points, and you don't like him.

Obviously you missed the "winning" part of my post.

splatbass 02-10-2013 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9392352)
Obviously you missed the "winning" part of my post.

None of your choices have ever come as close as Reid to winning a SB.

BossChief 02-10-2013 08:24 PM

That was the year the Patriots cheated, wasn't it? They still only won by 3.

Frankie 02-10-2013 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9392119)
I think he ignores the D altogether which is why I was hoping for a stronger DC choice, but I couldn't be more ready for an offensive minded coach who specializes in the QB.

This was my big knock on DV and I have to admit this is the biggest worry I have about Reid.

My hope is our former LB GM will influence a building of a good D.

milkman 02-10-2013 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 9392368)

None of my choices have ever had the opportunities that Reid has had.

Sorter 02-10-2013 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9392103)

If you throw out the guidelines that Hunt set for himself in searching to replace the ***** regime, I would like to have seen a Marc Ross GM combined with a guy like Ray Horton or my darkhorse favorite Marc Trestman.

We would have had him as our DC if AZ wasn't so butthurt about us stealing Andy from them.

Frankie 02-10-2013 09:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 9392368)

I agree with him on Shaw. He was my top choice too. Actually to the point I did this just to see how it would be:

Sorter 02-10-2013 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 9392752)
I agree with him on Shaw. He was my top choice too. Actually to the point I did this just to see how it would be:

Would have loved to have had Shaw.

Frankie 02-10-2013 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9392758)
Would have loved to have had Shaw.

Maybe if Reid doesn't pan out?

Sorter 02-10-2013 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 9392763)
Maybe if Reid doesn't pan out?

I think Reid pans out. I'm biased but I think if Geno pans out + Reid's philosophies offensively + we still have 2-6 years with our current nucleus on the team performing at an above average level, then we'll be competitive for several years. Enough that Shaw will have made the leap to the NFL before we fire Reid/ he retires anyways.

Of course, I'm also banking on Charles staying healthy, Geno performing like a 1.1, Bowe thriving in a WCO that plays to his strengths in terms of YAC and route design, and Geno being able to eat people up with PA off our stretch play with Charles.

Shaw is ****ing awesome though and I'm while I'm more than happy with Reid, I think Shaw is going to make an excellent NFL HC one day.

Kylo Ren 04-17-2013 03:09 PM

Updated.... as you might expect, there's a lot of news, but nothing earth shattering.

Sorter 04-17-2013 03:16 PM

Hope Lemon can get a roster spot. Guy was impressive pre-injury at OSU.

Kylo Ren 04-21-2013 03:24 PM

Updated

CoMoChief 04-21-2013 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9392119)

Reid had some pretty good defenses in Philly under Jim Johnson.

I'm not worried about Reid "ignoring" the defense...I am however worried about the overall underachieving coach we selected as DC...so in a sense I will agree with you, just from a different angle.

Kylo Ren 04-24-2013 03:23 PM

Updated...

Kylo Ren 04-24-2013 09:43 PM

The Chiefs may be asking for a player from Miami instead of a draft pick? Really? What player?

Gravedigger 04-24-2013 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John_Wayne (Post 9623566)
The Chiefs may be asking for a player from Miami instead of a draft pick? Really? What player?

Ryan Tannehill!?

But seriously I still think we're trying like hell to trade it down. I mean it's alot more convenient for people who need a tackle if we're 50/50 on the top 2 and could take either one. We're basically saying, "You want em? Come get em."

Kylo Ren 04-24-2013 11:39 PM

Supposedly, the Chiefs may be trading Albert for a Miami player. Who? DT Ryan Starks? Would you be OK with that?

Rausch 04-24-2013 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John_Wayne (Post 9623755)
Supposedly, the Chiefs may be trading Albert for a Miami player. Who? DT Ryan Starks? Would you be OK with that?

No...

penbrook 04-24-2013 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John_Wayne (Post 9623755)

Link?

ChiefAshhole20 04-25-2013 01:17 AM

Davone Bess has been floating around the trading block rumor mill today...

Sassy Squatch 04-25-2013 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefAshhole20 (Post 9623861)
Davone Bess has been floating around the trading block rumor mill today...

Bess for Albert? Sounds good to me.

Said nobody ever.

ChiefAshhole20 04-25-2013 01:30 AM

Lol if anything I suppose that would be Miami's way of "spicing up" their offer.

mcaj22 04-25-2013 01:32 AM

hopefully its for Matt Moore and their 2nd round pick for Alex Smith and BA

ChiefAshhole20 04-25-2013 02:29 AM

I literally can't think of any Dolphins I'd realistically want. If they still have Icognito I guess I'd take him

RunKC 04-25-2013 02:37 AM

Hell I'd take Pouncey. But that's not happening.

jspchief 04-25-2013 03:24 AM

Interesting about the difference of opinion between scouting dept and coaching staff.

I've been thinking for some time now that (assuming that pick is going to be LT) my heart wants Fisher but my head tells me that Joeckel is the better prospect. There's something appealing about an Olineman with a nasty streak, but realistically that doesn't necessarily translate to good LT play. Being too aggressive may make him susceptible to the techniques of the better NFL pass rushers. I know Joeckel has become public enemy #1 around here, but the trashing of his ability is mostly off base. He really is the best prospect on paper, and I think will have a successful NFL career.

Rausch 04-25-2013 04:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 9623880)
Interesting about the difference of opinion between scouting dept and coaching staff.

I've been thinking for some time now that (assuming that pick is going to be LT) my heart wants Fisher but my head tells me that Joeckel is the better prospect. There's something appealing about an Olineman with a nasty streak, but realistically that doesn't necessarily translate to good LT play. Being too aggressive may make him susceptible to the techniques of the better NFL pass rushers. I know Joeckel has become public enemy #1 around here, but the trashing of his ability is mostly off base. He really is the best prospect on paper, and I think will have a successful NFL career.

Death.

Mostly towards you.

With giant parasitic worms that slowly eat your entire lower intestines...

jspchief 04-25-2013 04:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9623897)
Death.

Mostly towards you.

With giant parasitic worms that slowly eat your entire lower intestines...

To be clear, I think using the pick on a LT is a terrible idea.

I'm just saying that if its going to be a tackle, I think Joeckel is the better choice.

Kylo Ren 05-02-2013 08:23 AM

Updated: Albert to get a new, long term deal?

Mr. Flopnuts 05-02-2013 08:31 AM

JFC. You know why you can't start new threads? Shit like this.

Bearcat 05-02-2013 08:34 AM

Dayne Crist LMAO

Mr. Flopnuts 05-02-2013 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John_Wayne (Post 9651931)
Updated: Albert to get a new, long term deal?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9651951)
JFC. You know why you can't start new threads? Shit like this.

Okay, my bad. I should've read your OP. You're updating it with all of the KFFL news. Not my bag, but I certainly don't have a problem with that. Thread reopened.

Chief Roundup 05-02-2013 08:51 AM

wow don't know what really is going on here but I have a feeling there must be something to this John Wayne character on here. I never really have paid much attention to him. But damn you were quick, 7 minutes, on the banning there.
I take it Flop cannot stand this John Wayne character.

Mr. Flopnuts 05-02-2013 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9652003)
wow don't know what really is going on here but I have a feeling there must be something to this John Wayne character on here. I never really have paid much attention to him. But damn you were quick, 7 minutes, on the banning there.
I take it Flop cannot stand this John Wayne character.

Not at all. He just can't start threads. And I didn't see he was doing an update to his OP. I thought he just bumped the thread to speculate Albert may be getting a new deal when there's an entire thread dedicated to it on the front page. He's not a bad guy. He just starts really shitty threads, and the board collectively is pretty happy he can't anymore. I don't dislike him one bit. He seems like a nice guy. He wasn't banned either. I just closed his thread mistakenly.

Chief Roundup 05-02-2013 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9652006)
Not at all. He just can't start threads. And I didn't see he was doing an update to his OP. I thought he just bumped the thread to speculate Albert may be getting a new deal when there's an entire thread dedicated to it on the front page. He's not a bad guy. He just starts really shitty threads, and the board collectively is pretty happy he can't anymore. I don't dislike him one bit. He seems like a nice guy. He wasn't banned either. I just closed his thread mistakenly.

Ah. I just kind of noticed everyone always bitched about him, must of been the threads he started, so I just always avoided his threads.

ptlyon 05-02-2013 09:01 AM

MOD ABUSE!

MOD ABUSE!!!

Mr. Flopnuts 05-02-2013 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9652027)
Ah. I just kind of noticed everyone always bitched about him, must of been the threads he started, so I just always avoided his threads.

Pretty much. I try not to be too hard on people, so if I **** up I'll own it and move on. I don't really dislike any regular poster here. I disagree with some, but I don't believe we have any genuine bad guys. Hell, the ones we do have are lovable in their own way.

Kylo Ren 05-02-2013 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 9652028)
MOD ABUSE!

MOD ABUSE!!!

"Help! Help! I'm being repressed! I'm being repressed! Come see the violence inherent in the system! See the violence inherent in the system! Did you see him repressing me? You saw it didn't you?" :clap:

FF to 1:15....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEWeQ2OS6sQ

Hog's Gone Fishin 05-02-2013 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9652029)
Pretty much. I try not to be too hard on people, so if I **** up I'll own it and move on. I don't really dislike any regular poster here. I disagree with some, but I don't believe we have any genuine bad guys. Hell, the ones we do have are lovable in their own way.

Gee..... Thanks Floppy ! I love you too !:thumb:

Kylo Ren 05-02-2013 07:27 PM

Update: Good bye Trick Shot, we hardly knew thee.... I don't think the Chiefs are really trying to give Albert a new contract. I think they are bluffing and trying to drive up his trade value.

durtyrute 05-02-2013 07:54 PM

I wanted Greenwood to get a chance, but oh well.

Kylo Ren 05-23-2013 10:35 AM

What's up with all the safties?

S Corey Lynch (Chargers)
SS Quintin Demps (Texans)
FS Malcolm Bronson (McNeese State)

bevischief 05-23-2013 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John_Wayne (Post 9702990)

S Corey Lynch (Chargers)

They are the new blankly.

tecumseh 05-23-2013 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John_Wayne (Post 9702990)

S Corey Lynch (Chargers)

Just playing it........

safe.