ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Should I confront my fiance over text messages I found? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267988)

Hootie 12-24-2012 10:52 PM

That's what I'm saying. She could just be pulling the typical "woman" and over-dramatizing something just to have a topic to gossip about. This is why you don't read your girlfriends text messages.

I would never date someone I didn't trust. Reading text messages that aren't yours...whether they are your mom's, your girlfriend's, your best friend's, etc...is just downright CREEPY and IRRATIONAL.

AustinChief 12-24-2012 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9239587)
It just can't work anymore. I'm the creepy 27 year old who still goes to the 19-22 year old bars because I'm simply not attracted to older women. I don't know what it is. So I'm just done. No more drinking for me, which means no more girls for me either.

It's depressing.

Hey, I'm 38 and I tend to date in the 24-30 range.. what does that make me!

Asshole calling me creepy! :D

KS Smitty 12-24-2012 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 9239593)
Exactly right. She may not really feel that way at all and actually has issues with her family and they "bond" by mutually talking shit about others. Maybe her family is feeling insecure about time spent away and she was talking shit to make them feel better. We really don't know enough... and it sounds like he may not either... well, that, or she could just be a complete two faced bitch. :D

:clap:
Well said! :)

Hootie 12-24-2012 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 9239601)
Hey, I'm 38 and I tend to date in the 24-30 range.. what does that make me!

Asshole calling me creepy! :D

well in Champaign, IL where you can get into campus bars at age 19...I'm lucky I pull off 23 well because when a girl finds out I'm 27 they are like "why in the **** are you here?!?!" It's actually pretty funny and I use it to my advantage.

There is a karaoke night every Wednesday that is guaranteed 'find a girl and take her home' night for me and my roommate and it was never like that when we were 22. Older, wise, richer and the bartenders who are used to getting shitty tips from 20 year olds all night love us (because we tip) so we get more attention from them and we become the life of the bar...it's fantastic.

AND I'M GIVING IT ALL UP =( I think this is the most depressed I've been in my life. I google'd "what to do in Champaign that doesn't involve drinking" this week.

At least I've confirmed to myself I have no dependency on alcohol...I don't miss drinking one bit and it has been two weeks. I just miss the social scene that comes with alcohol that you can't find anywhere else without it.

Mosbonian 12-24-2012 10:59 PM

I get...and agree that what he did was a bit wrong. But I'm still of the mind that honesty about her feelings toward his family are necessary.

Now...having read some of the more recent posts I understand we have to look at the context.

I'm in the ballpark with many others who hides none of my texts from my spouse....and she hides none from me. If she has something to say she has the fortitude to say it to me directly...not behind my back to someone else whether it is family or best friend.

And we've last this long.

Hootie 12-24-2012 11:01 PM

is it a question of hiding?

my ex and I never hid anything...but we never even thought of wanting to look at the other's texts. At no point in our relationship did I think, "boy, I really need to see what/who she's texting!"

Sorter 12-24-2012 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9239614)
well in Champaign, IL where you can get into campus bars at age 19...I'm lucky I pull off 23 well because when a girl finds out I'm 27 they are like "why in the **** are you here?!?!" It's actually pretty funny and I use it to my advantage.

There is a karaoke night every Wednesday that is guaranteed 'find a girl and take her home' night for me and my roommate and it was never like that when we were 22. Older, wise, richer and the bartenders who are used to getting shitty tips from 20 year olds all night love us (because we tip) so we get more attention from them and we become the life of the bar...it's fantastic.

AND I'M GIVING IT ALL UP =( I think this is the most depressed I've been in my life. I google'd "what to do in Champaign that doesn't involve drinking" this week.

At least I've confirmed to myself I have no dependency on alcohol...I don't miss drinking one bit and it has been two weeks. I just miss the social scene that comes with alcohol that you can't find anywhere else without it.

Ever consider cooking meth?

Hootie 12-24-2012 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9239630)
[/B]

Drug free brah.

Mosbonian 12-24-2012 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9239625)
is it a question of hiding?

my ex and I never hid anything...but we never even thought of wanting to look at the other's texts. At no point in our relationship did I think, "boy, I really need to see what/who she's texting!"

It's not the desire to look....to my spouse I should be an open book. Otherwise you get exactly the situation he has here....and they aren't even married yet.

Why start off a relationship hiding something?

Sorter 12-24-2012 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9239639)
Drug free brah.

Didn't say you had to use, manu

AustinChief 12-24-2012 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9239614)

My advice. Move. Move to a town like Austin, where the young girls graduate and do everything in their power to STAY in town because it's not not a giant crapfest like Champaign. PLUS, the bar scene has a much much broader age range. Oh, and prettier girls to boot. There ya go! Problem solved! :D

(dealing out crappy advice left and right in this thread!)

Hootie 12-24-2012 11:13 PM

hiding an affair is one thing

hiding disdain for a family member? I don't know, I guess it could go both ways.

It's not like the girl in the OP was talking "noise" about the dudes family to some Susie nobody co-worker. He was reading her texts that were going to her own sister.

My sister and I share things about people that are less than flattering that we only say because we're siblings, and we grew up together, and we're close.

I mean, 1 reason he's mad is because his fiance complained about his mother's cooking!

Hootie 12-24-2012 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 9239646)
My advice. Move. Move to a town like Austin, where the young girls graduate and do everything in their power to STAY in town because it's not not a giant crapfest like Champaign. PLUS, the bar scene has a much much broader age range. Oh, and prettier girls to boot. There ya go! Problem solved! :D

(dealing out crappy advice left and right in this thread!)

Yeah, I lived in Dallas for a year. I really liked it, but the SMU girls sucked compared to the Champaign girls. Rich girls aren't really my cup of tea I guess.

I just missed my friends and family too much. I moved back. I now have a career that hopefully translates into a promotion and another ticket out of town in a year or so. This time with a reason and job rather than a whim and a desire for sometihng new.

Reaper16 12-24-2012 11:16 PM

Quote:

[/B]

JESSE, WE'LL COOK IN THE ADULT BARS IN CHAMPAIGN, IL. THEY'RE EMPTY.

Groves 12-24-2012 11:17 PM

This is the perfect dumpster fire to warm my winter-chilled tootsies. You came to the right board for advice.

Don't forget to keep us posted. Our advice gets way better after a few rounds of "tell us what happened next". We're like a learning robot.

Frazod 12-24-2012 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Groves (Post 9239651)
This is the perfect dumpster fire to warm my winter-chilled tootsies. You came to the right board for advice.

Don't forget to keep us posted. Our advice gets way better after a few rounds of "tell us what happened next". We're like a learning robot.

LMAO

Hootie 12-24-2012 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 9239650)

Nah. They are just full of older, ugly people or hippies. The majority of my friends LOVE these bars as they are grown ups.

Sorter 12-24-2012 11:19 PM

Quote:

ROFL

AustinChief 12-24-2012 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9239649)
Yeah, I lived in Dallas for a year. I really liked it, but the SMU girls sucked compared to the Champaign girls. Rich girls aren't really my cup of tea I guess.

I just missed my friends and family too much. I moved back. I now have a career that hopefully translates into a promotion and another ticket out of town in a year or so. This time with a reason and job rather than a whim and a desire for sometihng new.

Dallas? ouch. Yeah, Austin obliterates Dallas as a livable city. Dallas girls are mostly a pain in the ass and not worth the effort.. which is saying a lot given that they are far from unattractive.

I understand the family and friends things though, good luck.

Hootie 12-24-2012 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 9239664)
Dallas? ouch. Yeah, Austin obliterates Dallas as a livable city. Dallas girls are mostly a pain in the ass and not worth the effort.. which is saying a lot given that they are far from unattractive.

I understand the family and friends things though, good luck.

I should have known that then...from what I heard, Austin would have been my kind of town.

Maybe if I get promoted I can request Austin.

Buehler445 12-24-2012 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 9239580)
Ha, I had one move to Australia! Pretty sure that is almost as far away as you could possibly go from Texas.

LOL. Had a buddy in college that sooooooo outkicked his coverage. I was like "good for you buddy."

Until she went gay.

Chiefshrink 12-24-2012 11:33 PM

Austin is the Boulder, CO of Texas;)

AustinChief 12-24-2012 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9239666)
Maybe if I get promoted I can request Austin.

You can try but I don't think there is much work for fluffers here. :D

Seriously though, from what I have read, Austin would be a great fit.

threebag 12-24-2012 11:47 PM

All the "Sorry I looked through your phone" bullshit. **** that noise. Even though you should have never looked through her phone. Your insecurities say volumes about your ability to be in a honest relationship. You have issues bigger than she don't like mom bullshit. It's time to skate.

Hootie 12-24-2012 11:47 PM

well most fluffers haven't lasted 9 years in the industry like myself

Chiefspants 12-24-2012 11:51 PM

Quote:

Well, Los Pollos Hermanos does own several night clubs throughout the state of Illinois.

threebag 12-24-2012 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9239709)

Capt Carpet Tunnel

J Diddy 12-24-2012 11:57 PM

Quote:

[/B]

Nothing says I love you like taking a freshly fallen out tooth and turning it into a necklace. Unless you get too ****ed up and smoke it instead.

AustinChief 12-24-2012 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9239709)

Damn son, that's skill.

J Diddy 12-24-2012 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by threebag02 (Post 9239734)
Capt Carpet Tunnel

I have been called Capt Carpal Tunnel because of how much I masturbate.

threebag 12-25-2012 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 9239739)
I have been called Capt Carpal Tunnel because of how much I masturbate.

How bout Capt Hairy Pussy

Sorter 12-25-2012 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 9239735)
Nothing says I love you like taking a freshly fallen out tooth and turning it into a necklace. Unless you get too ****ed up and smoke it instead.

:clap:

Otter 12-25-2012 02:28 AM

I'd say stop lumping "family" into one big category. My little brothers wife doesn't like that I couldn't give a rats ass about Christmas Cards that give a run down of the years events but we manage to get along. My older brother is a military guy who has to eat lunch at 2pm every day that drives me crazy. I literally can't stand him. If we were any more different we would be a different species but his wife is cool as shit.

Accept it and choose your company. It's not like its something you have to deal with every day .

Good luck and Merry Christmas.

Sorter 12-25-2012 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Otter (Post 9239932)
I'd say stop lumping "family" into one big category. My little brothers wife doesn't like that I couldn't give a rats ass about Christmas Cards that give a run down of the years events but we manage to get along. My older brother is a military guy who has to eat lunch at 2pm every day that drives me crazy. I literally can't stand him. If we were any more different we would be a different species but his wife is cool as shit.

Accept it and choose your company. It's not like its something you have to deal with every day .

Good luck and Merry Christmas.

Get your logic the **** out of here. Some of us are drinking.

In58men 12-25-2012 03:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9239934)
Get your logic the **** out of here. Some of us are drinking.

I love you.

Red Hook and Bailey's all night.

Where my homies at?

Ace Gunner 12-25-2012 03:17 AM

buzz cuts for everyone

Sorter 12-25-2012 03:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 9239965)
I love you.

Red Hook and Bailey's all night.

Where my homies at?

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9vtd0HHse1rndv46.gif

bevischief 12-25-2012 06:54 AM

Just leave her. Not worth giving half of our shit for.

threebag 12-25-2012 10:44 AM

Wait till she falls asleep on the couch. Then start working one out and when your about to blow go blast it across her face. Then when she starts her shit just say.
"kind of came out of nowhere just like those ****ing text about my family I snooped and found. Bitch."

OnTheWarpath15 12-25-2012 10:46 AM

Quote:

LMAO

SAUTO 12-25-2012 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by threebag02 (Post 9240262)
Wait till she falls asleep on the couch. Then start working one out and when your about to blow go blast it across her face. Then when she starts her shit just say.
"kind of came out of nowhere just like those ****ing text about my family I snooped and found. Bitch."

LMAO
Posted via Mobile Device

Predarat 12-25-2012 12:46 PM

http://blog.themistrading.com/wp-con...03/notplay.jpg

threebag 12-25-2012 08:03 PM

Hey what ever happened to MTG#10?

ThaVirus 12-25-2012 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by threebag02 (Post 9241022)

LMAO Dude, you've been a whirling dervish of funny this entire thread.

Pat yourself on the back.

Chief Pote 12-29-2012 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 9238060)
Wait until after Christmas then break it off. Immediately thereafter, find a psychiatrist because snooping into your fiance's private communications is not healthy. Neither is it normal. If you don't completely and entirely trust the person with whom you are planning to spend the rest of your freaking entire life, you are with the wrong person and your "trust issues" need some work, man.

FAX

Fax, you're not only witty, but you're the smartest person on this board. I'm number two. :harumph:

htismaqe 12-29-2012 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by threebag02 (Post 9241022)

She shot him.

VONDIPSHIT 12-29-2012 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qbsacker93 (Post 9237879)
If you confront her, just realize the relationship might never be the same. She will pull the trust card on you for checking her texts. If you can outweigh the pros over the cons between you two, I would just move on from it.

Well to be honest a smart friend told me once that as soon as one of the two in the couple snoops on texts or emails the relationship is over.

Tombstone RJ 12-29-2012 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Jones (Post 9237862)
I guarantee this thread isn't going to be about what the thread title might have led you to think it's about. Sorry about that...

Anyway -- was reading text messages on my fiance's cell phone (Yes, I do that, I'm a privacy invader...but past relationships have led me to be a little paranoid).

I read texts between her and her sister and mom, basically trashing my family, which is who we're spending Christmas Eve with. It wasn't just like your usual, "not really looking forward to going to the in-laws", but it was actually pretty vicious stuff. She was trashing my mom's cooking, basically saying she doesn't like my mom at all (my family has been AMAZING to her)..complaining that all we do is "sit around and talk with a sports game on the TV), trashing my parents house, my sister and her "annoying kid". It was really nasty stuff and a side of her I haven't really seen before.

Question is -- do I confront her? This is all that's gonna be on my mind tomorrow, but confronting her means I have to admit to reading her text messages. I don't know how I can move forward knowing she's been talking all this shit about my family though.

ask her flat out what she's texting about and see what she says. Tell her it's important to know the truth.

NJChiefsFan 12-29-2012 07:25 PM

Whatever happened with this?

threebag 12-29-2012 07:50 PM

He ****ing wrapped his nuts up and handed them over for Christmas.

threebag 12-29-2012 07:54 PM

Needless to say they missed Christmas at his folks house. The food sucks and that annoying kid had gifts under the tree.

Psyko Tek 12-29-2012 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by threebag02 (Post 9250010)
He ****ing wrapped his nuts up and handed them over for Christmas.

so in three years we cxna look forward to his divorce thread?

threebag 12-29-2012 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psyko Tek (Post 9250027)
so in three years we cxna look forward to his divorce thread?

It will bring some life in between the Pioli has to go threads.